Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queenfans, the biggest moaners ever.

forum rss feed
Author

Another Roger (re) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 442 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whatever Queen does, whatever Queen release, whatever Brian do people moan. Alright, probably this only include a small group of the Queenfans. But still its very annoying hearing the same thing over and over again. Why cant those of you who moan every time Queen do a movement just stop liking Queen ? Buy Zeppelin instead, their releases are supposed to always be so fantastic.

Queenfans always used to critizise the old release of Montreal because of the sound. Well, now you slag off the new release because of the picture. I should have guessed it. But why dont we wait for the HD-release? We have to give that a chance I think.

And sometimes I wonder how naive the hardcore fans are. Do you think they would release the Rainbow show just for a couple of hardcore fans on DVD? Of course not. Its business. They release what will bring money. And I dont blame them.

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Queenfans, the biggest moaners ever"

You just have proved that.

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thats at least good, as it was my point.

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just so you know, your not the first one to do a rant about this. So basically that makes you a moaner as well.

Also, I'm sure Rainbow '74 would sell very well. There are lot's of people who aren't even that much of a Queen fan who would love to see some of their old stuff released.

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another Roger, to simplify, there are probably two types of Queen fans: people like you, casual fans who will happily buy anything with Queen involved no questions asked, and people like Benn, Serry and I, who want value and standards. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You see QRM as a flawless gem that we should be happy with ever seeing, others see it as a re-re-re release that if improved, was probably unnecessary. Why is that a surprise?

And this is not directed solely at you, but yes, we understand QP is a business, and businesses are supposed to make money. In order for us unwashed who don't understand how businesses operate, we will agree to understand the concept of business if you agree that sometimes good business listen to their customers. I've heard a saying that "the customer is always right." A drug store in America has a TV commercial with the slogan "an informed customer is our best customer." Some businesses actually offer "loss leaders", products that don't make money, but encourage further spending. So, maybe QP could act like other businesses and acknowledge there's a certain customer dissatisfaction with their product, listen to the legitimate complaints, and throw the a bone like Earls Court for all of their support over the past 30 years.

You know, good times are now.
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Boy Thomas Raker wrote:

Another Roger, to simplify, there are probably two types of Queen fans: people like you, casual fans who will happily buy anything with Queen involved no questions asked, and people like Benn, Serry and I, who want value and standards. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You see QRM as a flawless gem that we should be happy with ever seeing, others see it as a re-re-re release that if improved, was probably unnecessary. Why is that a surprise?

And this is not directed solely at you, but yes, we understand QP is a business, and businesses are supposed to make money. In order for us unwashed who don't understand how businesses operate, we will agree to understand the concept of business if you agree that sometimes good business listen to their customers. I've heard a saying that "the customer is always right." A drug store in America has a TV commercial with the slogan "an informed customer is our best customer." Some businesses actually offer "loss leaders", products that don't make money, but encourage further spending. So, maybe QP could act like other businesses and acknowledge there's a certain customer dissatisfaction with their product, listen to the legitimate complaints, and throw the a bone like Earls Court for all of their support over the past 30 years.

Here, here...

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
dsmeer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 198 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oke for the last time.

Other great bands like Metallica really do somethinf for there fans, for example the FAN cans that they release. Or the concerts that they give away as free downloads.

Oke it is still business but do they really need to make more and more and more money?

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dsmeer wrote:

Oke it is still business but do they really need to make more and more and more money?

Yes they do because that is the nature of their business. Its as simple as that.

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Also, I'm sure Rainbow '74 would sell very well"

I would indeed buy such a release. But its naive to think that it would sell well. People that just like Queen a little (the biggest group of buyers) look for We are the champions, We Will Rock You, Bohemian Rhapsody, A Kind of magic etc. They havent even heard of Ogre Battle or Father to Son.

I want this release though. But I am sure people would complain anyway :)

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Another Roger, to simplify, there are probably two types of Queen fans: people like you, casual fans who will happily buy anything with Queen involved no questions asked, and people like Benn, Serry and I, who want value and standards. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You see QRM as a flawless gem that we should be happy with ever seeing, others see it as a re-re-re release that if improved, was probably unnecessary. Why is that a surprise?"

Hehe. How petronising. I am a Queen fan, and I do not buy everything at all. I buy the releases that I want, but I dont complain if Queen releases something that isnt new to me. And Brian May was right about the pioneer release. The sound was awful. If you dont like the dvd, buy the cd then! New beautiful sound plus The Hero and Flash. They even release this concert in HD and Blue-ray format. Lots of options in other words. But some people only see the cliffs, not the sea.

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"and people like Benn, Serry and I, who want value and standards"

I assume you have 0 Queen dvds then?

Maybe you should get some jobs and do something about it rather than behaving like sulking cyberwarriors :)

Zak Royen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i always find it strange that some Queen fans want everyone to see their idols as businessmen first and foremost. should we REALLY find it normal/okay that Queen bases all its decisions on a money-making principle? is the business nature of a rock group uncritcizable?

"I can't play the game of life to win"
Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent point Zak. Queen made their name as sonic innovators, studio geniuses, brlliant musicians and songwriters, and a live act virtually unmatched. I've read alnmost every article on Queen that's been published, and 99.9% of reviews are about their music or live shows. They're musicians. But nobody seems to think of them as that today, they all talk about them as businessmen. Fuck business, they made their names as artists, what's wrong with giving people art?

I own no Queen DVD's Another Roger, I bought the 5.1 release for ANATO, loved the sound, but the additional features were absolutely embarassing. Lester, Benn, Serry and myself (along with others) could have put together the definitive collection for the omost important album in the Queen catalogue after an afternoon of exchanging e-mails. Brian thought that the film for Seaside Rendezvous was special, enough said, the entire package for that was a total joke.

You know, good times are now.
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another Roger (re) wrote:

...But some people only see the cliffs, not the sea.

For a drowning act like Queen, to see cliffs would be a god-send...

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All fandoms have whiners. Queenfans are not unique.

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe you should get some jobs and do something about it rather than behaving like sulking cyberwarriors :)

I don't know the whole band line-up even. It was Freddie, it was Ringo... No... R... R... Roger, yeah? Roger Sailor or something like that.

ANAGRAMER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 675 posts

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 04:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's an element of truth in that - on here Queen fans do like a moan!
It's almost always justified though - QRM, for the connissuer fan, is a poor release - virtually identical set to OFATB. Yip, the've beefed-up the sound and picture quality, but pixels do not entertainment make!
What serious fans want is to glimpse the genius that made us fans in the first place - perhaps these things don't exist but you do get the feeling of expoitation by QP in our search.
It must also be said that the 'extras' on the QRM release are pretty embarrassing - stuff you could easily get on Youtube or elsewhere and probably never look at more than once.
No doubt Live in Budapest will be next....

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can certainly understand that the extreme fans want more, while the mainstay fans here don't get angry for what's not out there. I don't get why people like myself are being called casual fans. Why should I be categorized as such? Am I not just a Queen fan - full-stop?! And no, I don't buy everything either.

The moaning is real. My main example would be the MK Bowl release. Before this was released plenty of fans loved that gig and praised it as a great performance and gig in general. After the release, it's belittled on here. That's what this thread is probably pointing at - the sudden turn-arounds that seem to occur when QP try to do something. Sure the 2nd disc wasn't anything to write home about, but, 1) at least it was something and 2) I bought it for the music.

I wouldn't mind as much when folk here say they could do a better job, but they don't seem to do anything. The closest I've seen so far about someone doing something, are people like John S Stuart and his articles for Record collector or Sir-GH and his book on Queen. These are great examples. But while the 2005 ANATO release didn't satisfy the "hardcore" fan, I've yet to see a fan-made replacement. Why?? I'm sure there are plenty of people here that could do it.

My point is that for all the people here that justify their views - their promises are empty threats when they talk of doing something better. I think it's time for them to show us exactly what they can do. And of course, I'll help if I can, being a video/audio guy. Why don't WE the QZ community do something after the years of bitching about what QP does? Step-up and try.

Adam.

una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 09:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whatever Queen does, whatever Queen release, whatever Brian do people moan. Alright, probably this only include a small group of the Queenfans. But still its very annoying hearing the same thing over and over again. Why cant those of you who moan every time Queen do a movement just stop liking Queen ? Buy Zeppelin instead, their releases are supposed to always be so fantastic.

Queenfans always used to critizise the old release of Montreal because of the sound. Well, now you slag off the new release because of the picture. I should have guessed it. But why dont we wait for the HD-release? We have to give that a chance I think.

And sometimes I wonder how naive the hardcore fans are. Do you think they would release the Rainbow show just for a couple of hardcore fans on DVD? Of course not. Its business. They release what will bring money. And I dont blame them.

I agree i think a lot of people on this site, well maybe its the same few, who love office work obviously - post something in the 'wrong' section (because god said it himself that it was wrong), they have nothing better to do with their time that they try to act as if they are the policemen of this site.

When you look back on your life, surely you'd want to have a better account of yourself.

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry<br><font size=1>The FLACer</font> wrote:

I don't know the whole band line-up even. It was Freddie, it was Ringo... No... R... R... Roger, yeah? Roger Sailor or something like that.

They had Ryan Bay on guitar I think....

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."