Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: 1982-08-13 Chicago MP3

forum rss feed
Author

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 23:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From 2nd generation wav cdr

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: 1982-08-13 AA++ Chicago mp3.torrent 21 KB

View Stats on this torrent


This has been downloaded 240 time(s).



Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 09:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone (I'm not accusing you, Gym Bitch, but someone) is trying to prove that more people are interested in mp3 by clicking on the torrent file dozens of times themselves. The little game is not working!



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
928 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 404 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 09:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Linage is wrong

It should say 2nd Gen CD-r > Wav > fooked it to mp3 so you can hear what crap sounds like > you



Sithmarauder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1082 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is truely childish posting this, and what makes it sad is that the people who are making an effort to improve quality here are being treated like the bad guys.
People bitch and complain about FLAC files being too big or taking too long to DL or they don't know how to convert. Instead of polluting QZ with nonsense complaints and fighting,use the time to to DL FLAC and convert for private use. It's as simple as that. If you don't know how to do it, then learn.
I just don't get it. Bob I don't blame you for not wanting to post new shows here. Or anyone else.


"If we look half as good to you as you do to me, we must look good" Brian May

"No, Innuendo is not an Italian suppository, it's a Queen album."
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah... I know for a fact it's a game, because there are only 3 peers on this torrent, and 21 peers on the FLAC torrent.

It says "A++" on the mp3 version, but not on the FLAC one, as some kind of a last gasp to get people's attention. How pathetic.

This needs to end. It's stupid, and it's childish.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I only have 5 peers at the moment, so you are vitually, certainly right. I have no idea who did it. I would not worry about it. I doubt that anyone was fooled by the high number of downloads (even before your post).

I went to bed at midnight with no one having downloaded the mp3 torrent, and I was worried that no one would download the mp3 torrent. I woke up early this morning (my son has a 20 mile Boy Scouts hike) to see over 60 downloads of the mp3 torrent, but only 50 downloads of the flac torrent. Obviously, someone stuffed the mp3 ballot box.

I suspect that there are several people that can not download this mp3 concert, because the mediafire and megaupload links have been discontinued. Pity.

Bob, perhaps you can use your influence and help discourage this disturbing practice, and I can re-upload the mp3 concert to mediafire or megaupload for those who want it mp3, but can not use torrents.

Finally, the small risk of receiving a mp3 recording that was converted to wav or flac (whether intentional or accidental) can be completely eliminated, if all traders, flac uploaders, and flac downloaders would religiously use a SPECTRAL ANAYZER (it only takes a few minutes).





Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Yeah... I know for a fact it's a game, because there are only 3 peers on this torrent, and 21 peers on the FLAC torrent.

It says "A++" on the mp3 version, but not on the FLAC one, as some kind of a last gasp to get people's attention. How pathetic.

This needs to end. It's stupid, and it's childish.


I have use the A++ rating for years for my own personal use to distiguish between VG+ or better concerts versus those concerts that have VG or worse sound.

I have used this rating system in the hub, and the vast majority of the my hub uploads had my A++ rating, while the other lower rated concerts were usually not uploaded by hub users.

It is ironic how so many flac users download VG or worse concerts, but profess that they really care about quality.


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gym Bitch wrote:

Finally, the small risk of receiving a mp3 recording that was converted to wav or flac (whether intentional or accidental) can be completely eliminated, if all traders, flac uploaders, and flac downloaders would religiously use a SPECTRAL ANAYZER (it only takes a few minutes).


You're right, but why should people have to trade in fear? Wouldn't it be great if this became a trusting community, where it was inherently assumed that a recording you're going to receive is lossless? Any Pink Floyd collector knows their CDs are lossless.

Thanks for your post and your efforts to come to a peaceful resolution. But in the end, the only way to completely solve this problem is for every user to understand that lossless audio is better. The best way to enforce that is for the sharing of lossy audio to stop (either by a ban, or the community coming together to stop it themselves).

When that happens, people who want mp3 will be forced to wonder why they're no longer being shared, and they'll either have to research into it, or seek their music elsewhere. I'm flattered that you think I have an influence over people, but everyone here is able to think for themselves. It's all a matter of *when* people believe the time is right to do so.

Gym Bitch wrote:

It is ironic how so many flac users download VG or worse concerts, but profess that they really care about quality.


Not at all. Take an excellent-sounding recording and convert it to mp3 a few times (like that sample of Munich 78 I made a few days back). Soon it'll sound bad enough that it'll qualify as VG or so in its own way.

Lossy and lossless audio are not equivalent to good and poor recordings. It's about maintaining what is there, regardless if it's great or not.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Gym Bitch wrote:

Finally, the small risk of receiving a mp3 recording that was converted to wav or flac (whether intentional or accidental) can be completely eliminated, if all traders, flac uploaders, and flac downloaders would religiously use a SPECTRAL ANAYZER (it only takes a few minutes).


You're right, but why should people have to trade in fear? Wouldn't it be great if this became a trusting community, where it was inherently assumed that a recording you're going to receive is lossless?

... but in the end, the only way to completely solve this problem is for every user to understand that lossless audio is better. The best way to enforce that is for lossy audio to be disallowed.

Gym Bitch wrote:

It is ironic how so many flac users download VG or worse concerts, but profess that they really care about quality.


Not at all. Take an excellent-sounding recording and convert it to mp3 a few times (like that sample of Munich 78 I made a few days back). Soon it'll sound bad enough that it'll qualify as VG or so in its own way.



Fear? You're joking right? Did you lose a limb when I shared your Cologne 79 in mp3?

If you are so afraid of receiving mp3 sourced recordings in a trade, why don't you insist on receiving an e-mailed wav sample before you agree to a trade?

Better yet, if the trader that you are dealing with is unknown to you, an established, respected trader, can tell the newbee trader up front that he will not mail his portion of the deal until the newbee's package has been delivered and evaluated to be what was promised.

There will always be bad traders. You can not eliminate bad traders by banning mp3.

You CAN, however, be virtually certain that what you trade, and what you receive in trade by taking a few minutes and religiously use a spectral analyzer.

Similarly, you can not ban or lock up every HIV positive person to prevent him or her from unprotected having sex with other people.

However, the proper use of condoms will be virtually certain to prevent the transmission of HIV to you.

Ultimately one can only control one's own actions. You can not control the actions of others with bans, jail time, or executions.

If one could truly contol the actions of others there would be zero crime (no illicit selling of drugs, no murders, no robberies, etc. etc).


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As for receiving mp3 recordings with worse than usual sound ...

I have been able to obtain almost all decent concerts available for download in reasonable quality, with the exception of 82-04-16 Zurich.


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Generally, you're right, but banning mp3 certainly wouldn't hurt. Like I said, people who think mp3 is equally good would wonder why mp3s are banned, and ultimately, there would be fewer people passing off mp3 as lossless.

I admire your efforts, but you're still wrong. In fact, your attitude is incredibly arrogant, because you are continuing to challenge the way EVERY other decent trading community does their business, and continue to insist that your ways are better than theirs.

Honestly, do you think the Zeppelin, Rush, Genesis, and Floyd communities would have so many new recordings each year if the new sources and upgrades were shared lossy?

The answer is obviously no. They all know the answer is no, and that's why the tapers are happy to share their recordings - because they know the quality will be preserved.

As for the Cologne 79 compilation, which you shared as mp3, you not only insulted my efforts (taking years to find all the sources, and weeks to compile them and clean up every bit of the recording), but you also insulted the tapers. They took the risks by bringing recording gear and blank tapes into the venues, and they are the only reason why we have so much knowledge about Queen as a live band. As a thank you for their efforts, their recordings should remain in the best quality possible. The "needs" of people who want small and convenient mp3 files should not be greater than the need to show respect for the tapers, whoever and wherever these great people are.

Never do I seek attention or recognition, but this is something I just have to do this once. Have a look at this list of recordings:

London 3-31-74 (pre-LP)
London 9-18-76 (uncut audience recording)
New York 2-5-77 (I complained about an mp3 share of Boston 82, and the taper showed up in the topic, where he said he taped 5 shows. Had someone not opened their mouth, we wouldn't have found five master copies of shows. I only highlight this NY show because it's a bit longer than the previous copies)
Uniondale 2-6-77 (master DVD)
London 10-6-77 (compilation)
Philadelphia 11-23-77 (second generation)
New York 12-1-77 (alternate source and compilation)
Stockholm 4-12-78 (alternate source, second generation)
Chicago 12-7-78 (master copy)
Berlin 1-24-79 (8mm video of It's Late synched to different audio source)
Cologne 2-1-79 (two sources, compilation)
Frankfurt 2-2-79 (lowest generation)
Tokyo 4-23-79 (first generation)
Newcastle 12-4-79 (lowest generation)
Oakland 7-14-80 (third generation)
Montreal 8-29-80 (master copy)
Milwaukee 9-10-80 (second generation)
Essen 11-29-80 (first generation)
Frankfurt 12-14-80 (lowest generation)
Tokyo 2-13-81 (first generation)
Buenos Aires 2-28-81 (first generation from soundboard)
Buenos Aires 3-8-81 (first generation audience)
Puebla 10-17-81 (first generation, compilation)
Puebla 10-18-81 (second generation, compilation)
Stockholm 4-10-82 (first generation)
Vienna 5-12-82 (alternate source)
Milton Keynes 6-5-82 (audience recording)
Chicago 8-13-82 (as in this topic)
Oakland 9-7-82 (lowest generation)
Berlin 9-24-84 (second generation)

All you pro-mp3ers, how many of the above recordings do you have? In all probability, you wouldn't have any of them if it weren't for me. I'm the one who either found the tapers themselves (or in some cases, they found me) or low generation copies, and circulated them in one way or another. Many other people (here and elsewhere) have done as much and more. I could easily speak highly of many other people who have spent virtually immeasurable time making the contacts, finding the recordings, in some cases transferring the recordings, creating compilations when need be, and finally spreading them.

If it weren't for people like us, your collections would consist of official releases, and a few silvers and bootleg LPs, if you were ambitious enough. All you have to do is point and click, and you have the nerve to want to r


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Nov 07, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Generally, you're right, but banning mp3 certainly wouldn't hurt. Like I said, people who think mp3 is equally good would wonder why mp3s are banned, and ultimately, there would be fewer people passing off mp3 as lossless.

I admire your efforts, but you're still wrong. In fact, your attitude is incredibly arrogant, because you are continuing to challenge the way EVERY other decent trading community does their business, and continue to insist that your ways are better than theirs.

Honestly, do you think the Zeppelin, Rush, Genesis, and Floyd communities would have so many new recordings each year if the new sources and upgrades were shared lossy?

The answer is obviously no. They all know the answer is no, and that's why the tapers are happy to share their recordings - because they know the quality will be preserved.

As for the Cologne 79 compilation, which you shared as mp3, you not only insulted my efforts (taking years to find all the sources, and weeks to compile them and clean up every bit of the recording), but you also insulted the tapers. They took the risks by bringing recording gear and blank tapes into the venues, and they are the only reason why we have so much knowledge about Queen as a live band. As a thank you for their efforts, their recordings should remain in the best quality possible. The "needs" of people who want small and convenient mp3 files should not be greater than the need to show respect for the tapers, whoever and wherever these great people are.

Never do I seek attention or recognition, but this is something I just have to do this once. Have a look at this list of recordings:

London 3-31-74 (pre-LP)
London 9-18-76 (uncut audience recording)
New York 2-5-77 (I complained about an mp3 share of Boston 82, and the taper showed up in the topic, where he said he taped 5 shows. Had someone not opened their mouth, we wouldn't have found five master copies of shows. I only highlight this NY show because it's a bit longer than the previous copies)
Uniondale 2-6-77 (master DVD)
London 10-6-77 (compilation)
Philadelphia 11-23-77 (second generation)
New York 12-1-77 (alternate source and compilation)
Stockholm 4-12-78 (alternate source, second generation)
Chicago 12-7-78 (master copy)
Berlin 1-24-79 (8mm video of It's Late synched to different audio source)
Cologne 2-1-79 (two sources, compilation)
Frankfurt 2-2-79 (lowest generation)
Tokyo 4-23-79 (first generation)
Newcastle 12-4-79 (lowest generation)
Oakland 7-14-80 (third generation)
Montreal 8-29-80 (master copy)
Milwaukee 9-10-80 (second generation)
Essen 11-29-80 (first generation)
Frankfurt 12-14-80 (lowest generation)
Tokyo 2-13-81 (first generation)
Buenos Aires 2-28-81 (first generation from soundboard)
Buenos Aires 3-8-81 (first generation audience)
Puebla 10-17-81 (first generation, compilation)
Puebla 10-18-81 (second generation, compilation)
Stockholm 4-10-82 (first generation)
Vienna 5-12-82 (alternate source)
Milton Keynes 6-5-82 (audience recording)
Chicago 8-13-82 (as in this topic)
Oakland 9-7-82 (lowest generation)
Berlin 9-24-84 (second generation)

All you pro-mp3ers, how many of the above recordings do you have? In all probability, you wouldn't have any of them if it weren't for me. I'm the one who either found the tapers themselves (or in some cases, they found me) or low generation copies, and circulated them in one way or another. Many other people (here and elsewhere) have done as much and more. I could easily speak highly of many other people who have spent virtually immeasurable time making the contacts, finding the recordings, in some cases transferring the recordings, creating compilations when need be, and finally spreading them.

If it weren't for people like us, your collections would consist of official releases, and a few silvers and bootleg LPs, if you were ambitious e

josedequeso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 07, 00:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

I admire your efforts, but you're still wrong. In fact, your attitude is incredibly arrogant, because you are continuing to challenge the way EVERY other decent trading community does their business, and continue to insist that your ways are better than theirs.


I read somewhere that I called him arrogant once...but I can't remember where I read that...

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Honestly, do you think the Zeppelin, Rush, Genesis, and Floyd communities would have so many new recordings each year if the new sources and upgrades were shared lossy?


Nope, new Queen recordings ARE NOT going to surface for the simple fact that the quality in the Queen trading community is so low.

I have two brand spankin' new uncirculated Lamb (Genesis) soundboards coming in, I will be sharing them at http://torrent.genesis-movement.org/ and I can rest easy knowing they won't be converted to lossy crap, while if it was a queen recording, I wouldn't be so certain.

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

As for the Cologne 79 compilation, which you shared as mp3, you not only insulted my efforts (taking years to find all the sources, and weeks to compile them and clean up every bit of the recording), but you also insulted the tapers. They took the risks by bringing recording gear and blank tapes into the venues, and they are the only reason why we have so much knowledge about Queen as a live band. As a thank you for their efforts, their recordings should remain in the best quality possible. The "needs" of people who want small and convenient mp3 files should not be greater than the need to show respect for the tapers, whoever and wherever these great people are.

Never do I seek attention or recognition, but this is something I just have to do this once. Have a look at this list of recordings:

London 3-31-74 (pre-LP)
London 9-18-76 (uncut audience recording)
New York 2-5-77 (I complained about an mp3 share of Boston 82, and the taper showed up in the topic, where he said he taped 5 shows. Had someone not opened their mouth, we wouldn't have found five master copies of shows. I only highlight this NY show because it's a bit longer than the previous copies)
Uniondale 2-6-77 (master DVD)
London 10-6-77 (compilation)
Philadelphia 11-23-77 (second generation)
New York 12-1-77 (alternate source and compilation)
Stockholm 4-12-78 (alternate source, second generation)
Chicago 12-7-78 (master copy)
Berlin 1-24-79 (8mm video of It's Late synched to different audio source)
Cologne 2-1-79 (two sources, compilation)
Frankfurt 2-2-79 (lowest generation)
Tokyo 4-23-79 (first generation)
Newcastle 12-4-79 (lowest generation)
Oakland 7-14-80 (third generation)
Montreal 8-29-80 (master copy)
Milwaukee 9-10-80 (second generation)
Essen 11-29-80 (first generation)
Frankfurt 12-14-80 (lowest generation)
Tokyo 2-13-81 (first generation)
Buenos Aires 2-28-81 (first generation from soundboard)
Buenos Aires 3-8-81 (first generation audience)
Puebla 10-17-81 (first generation, compilation)
Puebla 10-18-81 (second generation, compilation)
Stockholm 4-10-82 (first generation)
Vienna 5-12-82 (alternate source)
Milton Keynes 6-5-82 (audience recording)
Chicago 8-13-82 (as in this topic)
Oakland 9-7-82 (lowest generation)
Berlin 9-24-84 (second generation)


Don't forget Hartford 80, or the Montreal 77 8MM film. Perhaps a new "Sir GH Appreciation" thread should be started...


The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 07, 01:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

josedequeso wrote:

I have two brand spankin' new uncirculated Lamb (Genesis) soundboards coming in, I will be sharing them at http://torrent.genesis-movement.org


That sounds delicious.

Don't forget Hartford 80, or the Montreal 77 8MM film. Perhaps a new "Sir GH Appreciation" thread should be started...


Not before you start Harry, Riku, Martin, Rob, and MikeT threads!

And I won't take credit for Hartford... that's Rob's master. Montreal? Ok... I forgot about the synch! I was more interested in the general vibe of the post, so I might've forgotten a couple others too.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Jan78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 264 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 07, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

josedequeso said:

"I will be sharing them at http://torrent.genesis-movement.org/ and I can rest easy knowing they won't be converted to lossy crap, while if it was a queen recording, I wouldn't be so certain."

If you get all upset and lose your sleep at night about something like this, what do you say about Darfur, what do you say about children dying every 3 seconds. What do you say about mentally disabled children in Serbian hospitals living like animals? What do you say about TV shows like "Is my bum looking big"?

You seriously should chill out and put things into perspective. Hence all the postings of links I've done in the request forum. It's just not important enough when you look at all the crap going on in the world. And I remember when I started getting into Queen, it was awesome to hear a song I thought I would never hear because it was out of print. However, a little compassion and kindness would be a lot more appropriate in life than getting a heart attack about a lossy file.
And there you have it...

Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 07, 02:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He "wouldn't be so certain" doesn't mean he will "have a heart attack" ! I think he puts things in perspective.
Sorry for Darfur and so on, but that had nothing to do here. So don't talk about this if it has nothing to do here.
He just means that as he cares about quality and preservation of the music, he is not sure his recording will be able to reach every queen fan safely, without having been transformed in mp3 somewhere along the road. But for the Genesis files he is a lot more cool, because he knows 99% of the fans will respect the tape and the recording. He is a lot more confident too that the Genesis fans will spread this recording very easily, not using mp3. and he will be certain noboy will have the bad taste of converting it in mp3 to try making him have a heart attack !

Olivier,
France.


wanna trade ?
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 07, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jan78 wrote:

what do you say about Darfur, what do you say about children dying every 3 seconds.


That's noble of you to care, but the fact that many of us care about the quality of music at this forum doesn't necessarily mean we don't care about world issues such as those you mentioned above.

Not that you're entitled to know what I do with my life outside this forum, but every time I go on the computer, I check my news website before I do anything else. Does the fact that I go to Queenzone at some point afterward negate the fact that I just became aware of what's going on in the world?



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
User user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 61 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 07, 02:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Generally, you're right, but banning mp3 certainly wouldn't hurt. Like I said, people who think mp3 is equally good would wonder why mp3s are banned, and ultimately, there would be fewer people passing off mp3 as lossless.

I admire your efforts, but you're still wrong. In fact, your attitude is incredibly arrogant, because you are continuing to challenge the way EVERY other decent trading community does their business, and continue to insist that your ways are better than theirs.

Honestly, do you think the Zeppelin, Rush, Genesis, and Floyd communities would have so many new recordings each year if the new sources and upgrades were shared lossy?

The answer is obviously no. They all know the answer is no, and that's why the tapers are happy to share their recordings - because they know the quality will be preserved.

As for the Cologne 79 compilation, which you shared as mp3, you not only insulted my efforts (taking years to find all the sources, and weeks to compile them and clean up every bit of the recording), but you also insulted the tapers. They took the risks by bringing recording gear and blank tapes into the venues, and they are the only reason why we have so much knowledge about Queen as a live band. As a thank you for their efforts, their recordings should remain in the best quality possible. The "needs" of people who want small and convenient mp3 files should not be greater than the need to show respect for the tapers, whoever and wherever these great people are.

Never do I seek attention or recognition, but this is something I just have to do this once. Have a look at this list of recordings:

London 3-31-74 (pre-LP)
London 9-18-76 (uncut audience recording)
New York 2-5-77 (I complained about an mp3 share of Boston 82, and the taper showed up in the topic, where he said he taped 5 shows. Had someone not opened their mouth, we wouldn't have found five master copies of shows. I only highlight this NY show because it's a bit longer than the previous copies)
Uniondale 2-6-77 (master DVD)
London 10-6-77 (compilation)
Philadelphia 11-23-77 (second generation)
New York 12-1-77 (alternate source and compilation)
Stockholm 4-12-78 (alternate source, second generation)
Chicago 12-7-78 (master copy)
Berlin 1-24-79 (8mm video of It's Late synched to different audio source)
Cologne 2-1-79 (two sources, compilation)
Frankfurt 2-2-79 (lowest generation)
Tokyo 4-23-79 (first generation)
Newcastle 12-4-79 (lowest generation)
Oakland 7-14-80 (third generation)
Montreal 8-29-80 (master copy)
Milwaukee 9-10-80 (second generation)
Essen 11-29-80 (first generation)
Frankfurt 12-14-80 (lowest generation)
Tokyo 2-13-81 (first generation)
Buenos Aires 2-28-81 (first generation from soundboard)
Buenos Aires 3-8-81 (first generation audience)
Puebla 10-17-81 (first generation, compilation)
Puebla 10-18-81 (second generation, compilation)
Stockholm 4-10-82 (first generation)
Vienna 5-12-82 (alternate source)
Milton Keynes 6-5-82 (audience recording)
Chicago 8-13-82 (as in this topic)
Oakland 9-7-82 (lowest generation)
Berlin 9-24-84 (second generation)

All you pro-mp3ers, how many of the above recordings do you have? In all probability, you wouldn't have any of them if it weren't for me. I'm the one who either found the tapers themselves (or in some cases, they found me) or low generation copies, and circulated them in one way or another. Many other people (here and elsewhere) have done as much and more. I could easily speak highly of many other people who have spent virtually immeasurable time making the contacts, finding the recordings, in some cases transferring the recordings, creating compilations when need be, and finally spreading them.

If it weren't for people like us, your collections would consist of official releases, and a few silvers and bootleg LPs, if you were ambitious e


Brian rocked Pennsylvania
Nummer2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 863 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 07, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know if this is just a back stab, or if you are telling the truth. But even if so, sometimes it needs going through hard times to achieve knowledge. I've been banned from a serious file sharing community, too, just because of carelessness and ignorance. But since then I know, how it works and I respect the rules.

The SirGH that I know from QZ never cheated anybody about his shared shows and he put a huge amount of work into his shares. His contributions are always welcome, but of course sometimes controversial. I don't care what kind of person he is in private (at least not yet), but in terms of Queen he's one of the good chaps.


... I'll be back again before it's time for sunny-down ...
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 07, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think this person is referring to me personally, as I have never done any of those above things, nor have I been banned from Dime. But I do have a very good idea of who/what this person is referring to.

Sure, there are a few pretty nasty people in the Queen collecting world who have done those above things, but why should the actions of a few destroy it for the rest?

That said, why do new Zeppelin tapes consistently get out, bearing in mind some of the Zeppelin collectors who make playing dirty a full-time job? I really don't need to name names, do I? Broken promises, lying, and all those other things certainly aren't unique to Queen collectors.

I definitely welcome a good discussion on this matter, if our anonymous "user" would like to join in.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca