Almost two and an half year since her disappearance in Aruba... And still no body and nobody locked in. And that's what frustrates me.
But I'm really glad that the case is re-opened now and I hope they find the evidence they need to keep Joran van der Sloot behind bars for the rest of his life. Because.... for me it's really clear. He smells!!
Some interesting facts about my dear Dutch friend Joran:
1. He lied at the time of her disappearance. From the very beginning, Joran never came clean as to what happened the night Natalee got into the car with him. From his made up story about the security guards, giving him and his pals ten days to clean up the evidence, to the mythical trip to the lighthouse; it was all fabricated.
2. He continues to lie in his recent interviews. Satish did not pick him up from the beach as Joran claimed which means if it was not Satish or Deepak who picked him up according to phone and computer records, how did he get home? There are other details he continues to polish and edit even though his timeline remains incredulous.
3. He has been arrogant about Beth Twitty since the first night he met her. When a grieving mother arrives at your house and asks where her missing daughter is, an innocent person would be humble and helpful. Not Joran the Arrogant. His reaction to her upon being asked about the whereabouts of Natalee? "How should I KNOW?" A little defensive there, Joran? Isn't it remarkable that innocent people do not get defensive...
4. He never offered to help look for Natalee. Even in the ten days when he was not a suspect and with all the information he COULD have given to police as to her whereabouts, he never moved his irresponsible butt one inch towards a search party. That is not only beyond belief, it is disgusting.
5. He and his family refused to let police search their property or his apartment. If a young man has nothing to hide, he would cooperate fully with the authorities. If a young man has a crime to hide, he would not. Do the math.
6. He continues to hint that it was Deepak who raped and murdered Natalee Holloway. Doesn't this sound a LITTLE like OJ hinting it was the Columbian drug lords who killed Nicole Brown Simpson. Or Robert Blake HINTING that while he was in the restaurant for fifteen minutes someone happened along and saw the wife he abhorred in a car and blew her away. Don't you love HINTS? Very clever ruses, huh?
Of course, there is no physical or circumstantial evidence that Joran did anything wrong due to three facts:
1. Joran stalled the investigation for ten days while the car was being thoroughly cleaned and evidence was destroyed.
2. The Dutch and Aruban authorities, beyond nabbing a marijuana dealer caught IN THE ACT, were about as proficient in solving a murder as Ashlee Simpson was in carrying a tune on, "Saturday Night Live."
3. The Dutch government had (and HAS) little interest in solving this case.
Beside that, there are several girls saying that they have been abused by Joran. Joran liked to feed teenagers drunk to have sex with them. And an ex-girlfriend admitted recently that she has been raped by him once.
This guy deserves to be in jail. But I'm afraid it's going to be hard to keep him there.