Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: Year at the Opera (live 1976) mp3

forum rss feed
Author

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 07, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From "All About Fame" pressed CD (AAF 014)

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: Year of the Opera mp3.torrent 15 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 175 time(s).

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Cygnus X-1 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cygnus X-1
Bohemian: 498 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 07, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks! I shared this a while ago with the whish NOT TO CONVERT IT TO MP3!
But hey, I had such a great day, not even a stupid sucker like you can ruin this! Get lost.....

josedequeso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 07, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mike Van - Wow, you are one arrogant stupid fuck

But seriously...if Cygnus X-1 asked to have his share not converted to mp3, why can't you just follow that simple request?

Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 07, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

not a nice move to share something lossy when the original sharer said "only lossless". You really don't think about the real true collectors here. Or those who will probably soon get out of Queenzone because of your attitude.
That's a shame, but that's your choice. Selfish and not paying any respect to other collectors and to your so-called favorite band. No bad words come to my keyboard, but you don't deserve very much it seems.

Olivier,
France.

wanna trade ?
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 27 Nov 07, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

josedequeso wrote:

Mike Van - Wow, you are one arrogant stupid fuck

But seriously...if Cygnus X-1 asked to have his share not converted to mp3, why can't you just follow that simple request?

I did not use Cygnus X-1's share, as I used my own my own pressed CD from "All about Fame" (AAF 014) that I purchased from a record show about 10 years ago.

I did not recall Cygnus X-1's thread (I doubt I even read the thread several months ago, as I already had the CD).

Seba had asked for it twice without response, so I converted my CD to mp3 and flac and uploaded both versions.

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
stark user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 376 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 07, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please please please stop doing this...

Cygnus X-1

Posted: 28 Nov 07, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well, fuck it! I don't care anymore...there was so much talking about this issue, there's nothing we can do about it. It's up to the moderators to change something, if they don't want to, it's their descission. When I joined one year ago, I found this an exciting place to share, download and meet fans & collectors. But this IS a damn war right now and I'm sick of it.
I don't want to waste my spare time with this shit....please please please STOP this!!!!!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 07, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe this is a good time to note that lossless shares have pretty much come to a grinding halt since the Cologne 79 incident...

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 28 Nov 07, 23:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cygnus X-1 wrote:

well, fuck it! I don't care anymore...there was so much talking about this issue, there's nothing we can do about it. It's up to the moderators to change something, if they don't want to, it's their descission. When I joined one year ago, I found this an exciting place to share, download and meet fans & collectors. But this IS a damn war right now and I'm sick of it.
I don't want to waste my spare time with this shit....please please please STOP this!!!!!

As indicated in the below two links, I previously shared (OVER TWO YEARS AGO), in QZ torrents in both flac and mp3, OVER HALF of "Year at the Opera" (7 songs from Tokyo 76-4-1). As I mentioned previously, I did not convert YOUR FLAC SHARE to mp3, and I did not remember that you (or anyone else) had shared it on QZ. I simply responded to a post in the Request section, and shared direct flac and mp3 copies from MY ORIGINAL CD SILVER of "Year at the Opera" that I had purchased approximately 10 YEARS AGO.

I'll admit that the Cologne incident was rude, but I felt drastic action was necessary then to react to the "weeding out", harrassment, and censorship of mp3 users. My primary intent for the Cologne incident was to protest the rampant nasty and unacceptable treatment of mp3 sharers during the past year on QZ.

Since the Cologne incident, I believe have acted reasonably and responsibly (not that it matters). After all, mp3 sharing is permitted on QZ, and my latest two flac and mp3 shares were from lossless concerts that I had OBTAINED OVER 2-1/2 YEARS AGO (well before mp3 sharing became politically incorrect on QZ).

http://www.queenzone.com/queen/forum/topic_view.asp?Q_FORUM_ID=4&Q_FORUM_NAME=Sharing+The+Music+%2D+Announce&Q_FORUM_TOPIC_ID=630558&TOPIC_SUBJECT=ANNOUNCE%3A+76%2D04%2D01+Tokyo+mp3+%287+VG%2B+songs%29

http://www.queenzone.com/queen/forum/topic_view.asp?Q_FORUM_ID=4&Q_FORUM_NAME=Sharing+The+Music+%2D+Announce&Q_FORUM_TOPIC_ID=635688&TOPIC_SUBJECT=Tokyo+76%2D04%2D01+FLAC+%2D+7+songs

Nummer2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 863 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 03:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please don't be too rude with GymBitch, I think he is going a way that at least is worth discussing. As long as the same show is shared in lossless, it might be okay to share it in MP3 as well – provided the mp3 announcement contains a link to the lossless version and a clear advice not to reencode the mp3 version.

This is not my pure personal opinion (I'm one of the top-ranking-officially-approved quality defenders – mp3 is a sin!), but I must admit, that a compromise like this wouldn't let my hair turn white.

... I'll be back again before it's time for sunny-down ...
Rockindon2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I get a kick out of people who get so bent out of shape on this mp3/flac/shn/etc issue.

The funniest thing is how people like Cygnus go crazy like they are the final say on what goes down.

The next funniest thing is how people post at the end of their upload... "Don't convert to what ever or else"

People are bosses of themselves. They can do what they want. If you see a bootleg in a format you don't like, then don't download it.

Bootlegs are illeagl to begin with. Don't tell me or anyone else what to do with them.

Nummer2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 863 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So about 98% of all bootleg trading sites are wrong?

And: Try to track down some concert bootlegs or demos on Limewire, Demonoid, Piratebay and the likes. How many can you find? Then try at Dimeadozen or Traders Den.

... I'll be back again before it's time for sunny-down ...
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So Cygnus, do you think you OWN this recording? How can you tell others what to do (or not to do) with THEIR OWN CD's?

Gym Bitch shares this in *both* lossless and MP3 version so WHAT THE FUCK!!! is everybody complaining about?

Gym Bitch - I don't download your torrents but you have my full support in this disgusting and useless fight.

Rockindon2 - good post :-)

Cygnus X-1

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

So Cygnus, do you think you OWN this recording? How can you tell others what to do (or not to do) with THEIR OWN CD's?

I do not own this recording, yes. And people can do with these shows whatever they like in their private. The only whish I had when I shared this show was not to upload it at QZ in an lossy format. Why? Because of quality preservation. 98% of all trading sites live by that rule. What's the problem? You can download it in Flac and convert it in mp3 for personal use- even I do that for my Ipod... But I'm (and a lot of others) strongly against spreading these recordings in an inferior quality. Sorry, but that's the way I learned at places like Traders Den, Dime etc. QZ may be different, o.k., but I have these quality standards. YV made it clear that this site won't change the rules and I have to live with this.
I dont want to command people what to do, but as I posted earlier in other threads: These shows are historical documents and should be handled like that. And to Gymbitch: Why do you share recordings in mp3 who where first shared as flac's? Cologne was shared here this year, as Year of the Opera. Sorry, but I find this a little provocant against the original uploaders. When I share a recording and the downloadlinks are gone, just ask me and I will re-upload it, or I send copys out to people who can't use torrents.
It was just a simple wish of mine, why you not respect this?? Maybe I was a little too rude at first, because I thought it was my org. upload you share, but there is no need to upload Year of the opera again, I shared it twice this year and as far as I remember, Ginger made a torrent too. That's my point, think of it what you like.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gym Bitch wrote:

I'll admit that the Cologne incident was rude, but I felt drastic action was necessary then to react to the "weeding out", harrassment, and censorship of mp3 users. My primary intent for the Cologne incident was to protest the rampant nasty and unacceptable treatment of mp3 sharers during the past year on QZ.

And look at the result... there is virtually no lossless sharing anymore.

If you are convinced that every notable and thriving trading community has done wrong by "weeding out, harassing, and censoring mp3 users", then that's truly unfortunate.
They all prefer to see it as preserving quality of recordings, not only for their listening enjoyment, but also to respect the people who created these recordings for them in the first place.
Sharing both lossy and lossless is your attempt at a compromise, which is admirable, but methinks it's a bit too late.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Gym Bitch wrote:

And look at the result... there is virtually no lossless sharing anymore.

If you are convinced that every notable and thriving trading community has done wrong by "weeding out, harassing, and censoring mp3 users", then that's truly unfortunate.
They all prefer to see it as preserving quality of recordings, not only for their listening enjoyment, but also to respect the people who created these recordings for them in the first place.
Sharing both lossy and lossless is your attempt at a compromise, which is admirable, but methinks it's a bit too late.
It is too late. I don't think this forum will ever change. I hoped this site could become something like the traders' den but then for Queenfans but it will never happen.
I regret that.

on my way up
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Gym Bitch wrote:

For you, it must be truly unfortunate that you do not own this site, and mp3 sharing is allowed here.

You are right, I can not win. However, you are powerless to win as well, as you have no authority at QZ.

By the way mp3 still has a slight pulse on QZ, as my share ratio on the Chicago 82 mp3 is at 13.904 and still rising.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gym Bitch wrote:

For you, it must be truly unfortunate that you do not own this site, and mp3 sharing is allowed here.

The fact that I don't own this site doesn't make people who support quality preservation any less right.

By the way mp3 still has a slight pulse on QZ, as my share ratio on the Chicago 82 mp3 is at 13.904 and still rising.

And the fact that there are still ignorant people downloading mp3 also doesn't make people who support quality preservation any less right.

St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 30 Nov 07, 00:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

quality preservation = spectral analyzer.

However, keep pursuing your evil hunt of mp3-ers when other more reasonable options exist. Those mp3-ers are subhuman and deserve to die.

You and Jerry Falwell must be twins, as you both lead sects of the moral majority.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 30 Nov 07, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol! You're comparing the quality of recordings to Jerry Falwell now?

If there's ever a sign that you've run out of arguments...