Forums > Queen collecting and trading > Queen DVD vine

forum rss feed
Author

josedequeso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 07, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Would there be enough people interested in having a vine started? I would be more than happy to get a vine going if enough people want it.

dobo user not visiting Queenzone.com
dobo
Bohemian: 899 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 07, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would be intrested

Visit The Official Kings of Queen Myspace Which I Run: http://www.myspace.com/kingsofqueenfanpage

Trade List: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56176
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 07, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I would be interested :-)

g_pretender user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 07, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure,
I would be interested.

What are you considering to share on a vine?

Posted: 28 Nov 07, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, this vine would be just video, but later I would start an audio vine. For now I was thinking these dvds:
Hammersmith Odean 12-24-75
Hyde Park 9-18-76
Earls' Court 6-06-77 (snivvle remastered edition)
Houston 12-11-77
Tokyo 4-25-79
Hammersmith Odean 12-26-79
Buenos Aires 3-01-81
Sao Paulo 3-20-81
Japanese Jewels Documentary

dobo user not visiting Queenzone.com
dobo
Bohemian: 899 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 07, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They sound like a good place to start

Visit The Official Kings of Queen Myspace Which I Run: http://www.myspace.com/kingsofqueenfanpage

Trade List: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56176
Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 07, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hummm... well, for a vine is somewhere where grape grows.... And my dictionnary isn't of any help !!!
It seems that you are not willing to share some good old Bordeaux here, so I don't really know what you mean by "vine"... could you please explain me ? Always happy to learn new things...

Regards,

Olivier
France.

wanna trade ?
Queenrockyou

Posted: 28 Nov 07, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hummm... well, for a vine is somewhere where grape grows.... And my dictionnary isn't of any help !!!
It seems that you are not willing to share some good old Bordeaux here, so I don't really know what you mean by "vine"... could you please explain me ? Always happy to learn new things...

Regards,

Olivier
France.

wanna trade ?
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 02:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ruth.olivier wrote:

Regards,

Olivier
France.

If I remember correctly, thus "vine" thing means, that you make a "chain" of people, from which the first one makes copies of his discs and sends them to the second person, the second person burns copies from those discs and sends them to the third person, etc. ...

Queenrockyou

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 03:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK I understand now what you mean !!!
Unfortunately I don't have any DVD, only two or three odd things that were available here on Queenzone in the last months. So I can't offer anything great to this chain...
Nice idea anyway !!

Regards,

Olivier,
France.

wanna trade ?

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

ruth.olivier wrote:

Regards,

Olivier
France.

If I remember correctly, thus "vine" thing means, that you make a "chain" of people, from which the first one makes copies of his discs and sends them to the second person, the second person burns copies from those discs and sends them to the third person, etc. ...

Precisely, it's a chain of people moving a package of discs thru mail.

Josedequeso:

Nice list of shows. I already have some of these, but wouldn't ming getting some of the others. I eould also advise you not to put so many discs in a single vine or it will take forever for it to be forwarded along.

A section for vines was created a year ago in the Queentraders forum. I think it would work better there than here. You can send someone a PM for the address without guiving away your e-mail address if you don't want to among other things.

This is only a sugestion though, feel free to proceed in the way you see better.

For those of you who don't know how a vine works here are the basics:

You sign up for a vine in a forum (best way to keep track of the package) by adding your name to the vine list started by the original vine "seeder"(just copy and paste the list to a new post and add your name)

If you are next in line contact the person with the package and provide your mailing address.

When you recieve the package, register the date on the vine list.

Copy the discs for yourself, and forward the ORIGINAL discs to the next person. This is important to preserve quality and reduce the chances for spreading copies with digital errors.

When you forward the package, you register the sent date on the vine thread.

A vine can last forever, so keep checking the thread for any new entries.

Anyone can add stuff to the package contents, provided they update the vine contents on the original thread (if you have a superior version to a recording than the one included in the package for instance)

Basicly that is it, you just need some patience, a CD or DVD burner and a basic internet connection.

This is used by other bands fan comunities to share recordings, glad someone sugested it here as well.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is a great idea. Before anything is sent, though, I think there should be extensive discussion and comparisons of versions, to ensure the best version is the one that spreads.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 29 Nov 07, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

This is a great idea. Before anything is sent, though, I think there should be extensive discussion and comparisons of versions, to ensure the best version is the one that spreads.

Bob, do you mind going through my website and see if these are in fact the best versions available. http://josedequeso.tripod.com/id272.html Thanks

I know I don't have the best version of Hammersmith 12-26-79 and Caracas 9-27-81.

And I think this should be just pro-shot footage. But I don't have any pro shot footage after 1981, so anyone who has any is more than welcome to contribute.

Queenrockyou

Posted: 30 Nov 07, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, personnally, I wouldn't mind taking part of a vine for audio too, do you think it would be complicated to do ?

Regards,

Olivier,
France.

wanna trade ?
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6372 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 07, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ruth.olivier wrote:

Well, personnally, I wouldn't mind taking part of a vine for audio too, do you think it would be complicated to do ?

Regards,

Olivier,
France.

Yes - it might get complicated.

It would be easier to do it on Rapidshare and change the password every once in a while to keep out the mp3 riff-raff.

I ran a bootleg vine a few years ago, and it took a lot of time to manage it.

These are the disadvantages of a vine that I have experienced:

1 - Overseas shipping sometimes takes 3 weeks or more.

2 - Shipments within the same continent (but between different counties) takes longer than a week.

3 - Shipments sometimes get lost / stolen in the mail.

4 - Shipments sometimes get damaged in the mail.

5 - A few people will accept the package, but not continue the vine (and not answer e-mails).

6 - Some people need to be reminded to burn and mail the package within one week's time to keep the vine moving.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 07, 00:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

josedequeso wrote:

Bob, do you mind going through my website and see if these are in fact the best versions available. http://josedequeso.tripod.com/id272.html Thanks

It's hard to say if you've got the best versions of some, since you haven't posted the screenshots. But I can be pretty sure that your copies of Hammersmith 75, Earls Court 77, and Houston 77 are the best out there at the moment.

London 79... complete? Methinks you copied the setlist from the CDs, as there isn't a complete video out there that I know of.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 01 Dec 07, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought that also.
I think I have the same one he does.
Mine also has the alternate edit on GDML and is only one disc.
I don't know of any two disc version circulating, but my knowledge is limited.

Posted: 01 Dec 07, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gym Bitch wrote:

It would be easier to do it on Rapidshare and change the password every once in a while to keep out the mp3 riff-raff.

What do you mean by this?

Gym Bitch wrote:

1 - Overseas shipping sometimes takes 3 weeks or more.

2 - Shipments within the same continent (but between different counties) takes longer than a week.

3 - Shipments sometimes get lost / stolen in the mail.

4 - Shipments sometimes get damaged in the mail.

5 - A few people will accept the package, but not continue the vine (and not answer e-mails).

6 - Some people need to be reminded to burn and mail the package within one week's time to keep the vine moving.

That's all good and true, but how do you yhink stuff got passed along in the old days, before the internet and broadband connections?
By the way I have shipped stuff overseas and it doesn´t take three weeks. I don't know If you're aware of a prety good invention called the airplane.

Is it too much to ask that people actualy put a little effort in getting this stuff, instead of just point and click?

As for people no recieving packages and no sending them along, I believe that as long as some people that know the comunity are involved we can deny known bad shares entrance in the vine.
And of course if you do it once, forguet about entering a second vine.

Posted: 01 Dec 07, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

double post

Posted: 01 Dec 07, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, here are some screenshots:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f1fextb4txk

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

London 79... complete? Methinks you copied the setlist from the CDs, as there isn't a complete video out there that I know of.
Methinks you’re correct ;) That’s one large typo! I’ve corrected it now :) If only it was complete...