Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > say its not true physical release?!?

forum rss feed
Author

olly1988 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 159 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I ask, why?
I know it will help 46664 but its not going to help Q+PR. I know us fans woould buy it for the b sides, but in tradition the B side isnt meant to be as good as the A side and many people's view is that SINT is a nice song and was nice as a freebie but want to expect more from the album/ real single. This seems a bad move. People that arent mega die hard queen fans wont but this if its free to download. Hard one. What do you guys think?

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

by the way this is in response to what is said on Brian's Website.

leto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 07:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe we can make a petition to delete the phaser effects before the CD release ?

"Surrender Your Ego - Be Free To Yourself"
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they include The Call, Invincible Hope and the original 2003 studio version of Say It's Not True as b-sides - that would be great to have as a real CD. I really hope they won't include those tracks on the QPR album....

But I guess we'll get Say It's Not True + a live track from Return of the Champions or something :W

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2258 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

leto wrote:

Maybe we can make a petition to delete the phaser effects before the CD release ?

I'd like to think I could do this, but I'd better not dare. It is their business, after all. If I was asked, I would also include a piano, instead of the weak sinth. But I don't think they'll call me before that release :)

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

If they include The Call, Invincible Hope and the original 2003 studio version of Say It's Not True as b-sides - that would be great to have as a real CD. I really hope they won't include those tracks on the QPR album....

But I guess we'll get Say It's Not True + a live track from Return of the Champions or something :W

That would be the best thing to do. To release the studio tracks from that project and move on!
They were intended to be on the 46664 project in the first place, so i don´t understand why they have choosed to release the 3 CD set of the Mandela concert instead of the studio tracks. To me that was a bad decision, and sell numbers have proved that, but lets wait and see.

Take care

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

They've already stated that the 46664 tracks won't be on the QPR album, I think!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great, just what I needed was a physical release of a track I don't want to hear. And most probably it will be coupled with three different live versions of WWRY. :P

The only good thing about the physical release is that it really forces the apologists to have a look at what's happened to the band.

So far it's been easy to dismiss the existing artwork of the song (with the band titled simply as Queen) and press releases as nothing more than mistakes made by the press, but the physical release will settle that once and for all.

It will also tell exactly how much interest there is for the "new" song in the outside world, when so far the response has been limited to what the few thousand people online think about it.

It's not going to be pretty. :/

leto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

If they include The Call, Invincible Hope and the original 2003 studio version of Say It's Not True as b-sides -

I didn't know SINT was first recorded in studio in 2003. We can hear this somewhere ? Is it acoustic ?

"Surrender Your Ego - Be Free To Yourself"
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As far as I know the 2003 studio version of Say It's Not True hasn't leaked. I'm sure it exists though, as studio versions of all the other new tracks performed at 46664 in 2003 were recorded in the studio.

Walter B. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 741 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 11:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seems that there will be a physical release December 31:

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=422658

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the News section:

Brian May announces Charity single to be released on assumably CD format
As we know, Say its not true was released last week as a free download from Queenonline.com
Brian has now announced the single to be relased in physical form.
I have started a discussion off in serious discussion.

www.myspace.com/joonrock
The best new melodic rock band on the planet - The next Queen!!!

Submitted by: olly1988

Shameless!

Killed by drones.
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Fairy King, re:

>>Shameless!

I don't see how.

It was originally released in order to highlight the AIDS cause but they clearly think it's generated enough interest to be able to release it therough EMI / Parlophone officially and, thus, generate money for either MPT or any other AIDS charity they choose.

There have also been numerous complaints about the "quality" of the download, so we will now be able to *PROPERLY* assess the quality of the music and the individual performances.

Let's hope that the official version isn't as bad as the download.

Benn
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope they remix it cause maybe it's just me, but the volume of things really hurt my ears and I had to turn it down. I don't do that with other music! And yeah, general feeling that the phaser on the voices was just too much - even to the point that some thought it was a vocal tuning effect! Oh dear...

Anyway, I welcome the release because it'll be nice to get a high quality version on cd with some other sprinklings of tracks.

Adam.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tero wrote:

Great, just what I needed was a physical release of a track I don't want to hear. And most probably it will be coupled with three different live versions of WWRY. :P

Yes, because they're forcing you to buy it...

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

Tero wrote:

Yes, because they're forcing you to buy it...

Not really. They haven't even forced me to hear the new version.

What it is going to be is a missed opportunity.
The first single of the band, which sets the expectations for what the band is going to be like.

Mark my words. ;)

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I feel they are really doing the wrong thing here. They will find it very hard to come back with something if this goes flat on its arse which it probably will. Was a nice taster of things to come, not THE thing to come.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn wrote:

The Fairy King, re:

>>Shameless!

I don't see how.

For including this in the article:

www.myspace.com/joonrock

:P

Killed by drones.

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Fairy King
Posted: 12/6/2007 1:08:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benn wrote:

The Fairy King, re:

>>Shameless!

I don't see how.

For including this in the article:

www.myspace.com/joonrock

:P

I have balls dont I. lol. Do you agree about the band though? Miles Better than all the other shit about at the moment. I know this is off subject but its better than name calling if anything, which is what seems to happen a lot on here.

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope they release a 7" single as well. Otherwise I don't think i'm going to buy it...