Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Tie Your Mother Down Demo - Brian on vocals... WTF?

forum rss feed
Author

bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seriously - is this genuine? It sounds to me like a fake. As if someone mixed the instrumental version of TYMD with a live performance with Brian on vocals (possibly from Live at Brixton) and just phased the recording - a lot!

http://sharebee.com/1aedad69

Any comments will be most appreciated.

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 07, 22:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bigV wrote:

Seriously - is this genuine? It sounds to me like a fake. As if someone mixed the instrumental version of TYMD with a live performance with Brian on vocals (possibly from Live at Brixton) and just phased the recording - a lot!

http://sharebee.com/1aedad69

Any comments will be most appreciated.

V.

About Sharebee: Status: We sincerely apologise for the downtime, we are doing our best to prevent this from happening. - Dedicated Server Hosting by H5.
404 - Page not found.

However, without even listening, you're probably right ;)

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 07, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is a genuine one floating around, as I recall, but I can't get this thing working to tell you whether this is it or not.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2258 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 07, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This does not sound like a demo, but I would say Cozy Powell is drumming, so this would be one of the files from the rehearsals for the Back to the Light Tour that circulated here some weeks ago?

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows