forum rss feed
Author

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 00:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why? Because we Democrats are idiots. Do you really think the jerk-offs who voted for Bush last time are ready to vote for a female? A mixed race dude? Sure, we will, but these narrow-minded conservatives need a safe candidate to swing them to our side. And we need them to swing over.

So we're fucked. We're throwing it away. Mark my words. Four more years... it's a long time, but hey, maybe their choice will at least have a brain this time.

Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 00:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

this country was bought, paid for, and sold a long time ago.

we're finished and im just gonna laugh about this.

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any campaign where Oprah isn't laughed off of the candidates stage is obviously fucking flawed to being with.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 05:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I'm sure every poll in existence is lying. The Republicans will win, despite the complete lack of objective evidence that suggests it.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Any campaign where Oprah isn't laughed off of the candidates stage is obviously fucking flawed to being with.

Think about it, the woman is like the moon influencing the tides; just look at the power of her book club and 'favourite things' list! You may not like her, but you have to admit, Oprah holds one hell of an influence over a lot of people.

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow...the lack of any kind of logical connection here is truly outstanding.
For the record, you are right about the conservatives not voting for a woman or a man of mixed race. But they wouldn't even vote for anyone other than a republican to begin with so you point in not valid. They are the minority of the republican party. The noisy minority, but the minority none the less. Do not commit the logical fallacy of division (where you apply individual characteristics to EVERY member of a group); not all republicans are extreme conservatives a la Anne Coulter.
There are more democrats in the country than republicans by self-declaration, the biggest problem the democrats have is that their numbers are strong in the 18-35 age bracket, which is also the bracket that votes the least.
If anyone needs to be "won over" to the democratic cause, it's swing voters who aren't loyal to either party (thus, their definition as a "swing" voter).

Formerly MHG
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not that I have the attention span for intelligent political conversation, but I'll make this observation about 'voters', using my own country as an example.

A televised debate between the two candidates in our last federal election features a real-time 'worm' at the screen bottom, that jumped up and down depending on peoples approval of what was being said by either candidate.

And what do you know? The 'new' guy (as opposed to our leader of 11 years) consistently got much higher approval - EVEN WHEN HE HADN'T SAID ANYTHING YET.

People voted him in overwhelmingly, for the simple reason that he wasn't the other guy. Voters are, by and large, complete morons.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of sheep-like voters followed whatever Oprah said. Fools, the lot of them...

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The prophet's song wrote:

Oprah holds one hell of an influence over a lot of people.

Yes, but "those people" aren't gonna vote. Too bad Obamba doesn't realize that.
But then he really hasn't been "those people" for a long time now.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oprah and Obama were in Columbia Sunday. The rally was going to be held indoors, but because Oprah was there they had it in the football stadium. I'd be willing to bet at least half of the people that turned up won't be voting.

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I bet more people showed up because they thought they might get something free from Oprah or a T-shirt. I guarantee you a few of them felt underneath their seat for a key to a new car or something!!!

Maybe they could get that guy who wrote that book that turned out to be all lies to be their Secretary of State.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I personally was considering voting for Barack Obama, but after seeing Oprah freak show hailing him as "the one" as if he was fuckin' Neo liberating the human race from The Matrix, I'm strongly thinking otherwise.

I have a lot of respect for Barack Obama, but Oprah's antics along with her double standard views and holier than thou attitude truly piss the shit out of me.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone But Hillary....

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

I personally was considering voting for Barack Obama, but after seeing Oprah freak show hailing him as "the one" as if he was fuckin' Neo liberating the human race from The Matrix, I'm strongly thinking otherwise.

But if Oprah says so, it MUST be true! Right?

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

I bet more people showed up because they thought they might get something free from Oprah or a T-shirt. I guarantee you a few of them felt underneath their seat for a key to a new car or something!!!

Probably!

LOL @ the Neo remark, Jangles. ;-)

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Mr.Jingles wrote:

But if Oprah says so, it MUST be true! Right?

Oh oh!

I should have thought twice before contradicting Oprah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EBpQ6L_lkw

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Legy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 433 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Maybe they could get that guy who wrote that book that turned out to be all lies to be their Secretary of State.

LOL!

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched the 12 longest minutes of this day on YouTube: Oprah Winfrey campaigning for Obama without making a single politically relevant statement. Not once did she say: vote for Obama because he will introduce stem cell research or something - all she did was praising the guy like he was the Messiah. I wonder how people with more than 2 brain cells can stand such totally stupid and senseless campaigning.

I do not want any google ads here.

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

EllieTheQueen wrote:

Thank bloody God Bush is going

Ditto - though it's eight years too late.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 07, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Oprah holds one hell of an influence over a lot of people.

Yes, but "those people" aren't gonna vote. Too bad Obamba doesn't realize that.
But then he really hasn't been "those people" for a long time now.

Ah well, if anything it's generated publicity. I just read Clinton has Madonna on board, what are your views on that?

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 12 Dec 07, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah well, if anything it's generated publicity. I just read Clinton has Madonna on board, what are your views on that?

Well, if they make a video or a slutty coffee table book, then I'm changing my vote to Hilary.

I'm sure Madonna is a political adept, with all the education she's been thru over the years. Are you kidding me??!!?? She also has Gennifer Flowers on board (source: CNN), so all these women who would #$@! to get ahead are backing Hilary. What does that tell me about Hilary? That she'd probably @#$! me too!!!

Why can't we have a "hot" as a first lady or president?
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2007/12/12/002.html