Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Hypothetically - why Queen will not release 'Live at Knebworth'

forum rss feed
Author

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 07, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tell me your reasons - why Queen productions is not releasing gig which has been recorded with cameras if it hypothetically exist on master tapes?

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 07, 12:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ehm - because it does NOT exist ?

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 07, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The gig definitely existed...in 1986.

Come on, can we let this one go? The most we will get is audio from the concert, most likely as a crappy "top 100 bootlegs" release. The reason we won't get video has already been touched on in this thread.

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 07, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=gold>SMI<font color=1>TTY wrote:

The gig definitely existed...in 1986.

Come on, can we let this one go? The most we will get is audio from the concert, most likely as a crappy "top 100 bootlegs" release. The reason we won't get video has already been touched on in this thread.


I agree.

Also, I'm quite happy with the bootleg video filmed from the screen with the EX audience recording copy from the masters synched to it. No need for an official release IMHO.

A 70's release is what most fans want I think.
Hammy '79 would be great.




bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 07, 02:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

tell me your reasons - why Queen productions is not releasing gig which has been recorded with cameras if it hypothetically exist?


Haha haha hahahahahha. Hahahaha.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 07, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

theCro wrote:

tell me your reasons - why Queen productions is not releasing gig which has been recorded with cameras if it hypothetically exist?


Haha haha hahahahahha. Hahahaha.
what's so funny? go and suck your daddy's nipples


rofl

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 07, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hypothetically, if the entire multi-angle footage hadn't disappeared off SOMEONE's hard drive, we COULD have had it released....

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 07, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

theCro wrote:

tell me your reasons - why Queen productions is not releasing gig which has been recorded with cameras if it hypothetically exist?


Haha haha hahahahahha. Hahahaha.
what's so funny? go and suck your daddy's nipples


rofl


What's so funny?

BRIAN MAY: It wasn't recorded
GREG BROOKS: It wasn't recorded
THE CRO: So why hasn't it been released?


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 07, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why?

Because TheCro is a buffoon and continually bombards this board with ridiculously inane questions.

Just waiting for his next one:

"Why is Brian sometimes called Brian May and sometimes just Brian?"


Benn
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Aquillas user not visiting Queenzone.com
Omul invizibil
Aquillas
Bohemian: 613 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 07, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The fourth link is the best. :P


www.queenpedia.com - The Queen encyclopedia
theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 07, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aquillas wrote:

The fourth link is the best. :P
responses on that thread just show how some of Queen fans(if we can call them like that) are stupid, childish and immature

when i ask question i ask it because i dont know the answer and i'm not acting like some fucking idiots there...



Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 07, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

Aquillas wrote:

The fourth link is the best. :P
responses on that thread just show how some of Queen fans(if we can call them like that) are stupid, childish and immature

when i ask question i ask it because i dont know the answer and i'm not acting like some fucking idiots there...



I wasn't joking on that thread.


"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 07, 23:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.*.Messenger: Jake Pyndle.*. wrote:

theCro wrote:

Aquillas wrote:

The fourth link is the best. :P
responses on that thread just show how some of Queen fans(if we can call them like that) are stupid, childish and immature

when i ask question i ask it because i dont know the answer and i'm not acting like some fucking idiots there...



I wasn't joking on that thread.


ok sorry then, it wasnt meant to you

Roger's Beard user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 07, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Hypothetically - why Queen will not release 'Live at Knebworth'

Hmmm.If you mean "video" then maybe because they just don't have it?

Despite what Greg says, it's unlikely that the feed from the big screen was NOT recorded. However, it is very probable that the feed would have been recorded either straight to VHS (which will be languishing forgotton in Brian's loft) or on either lo-band or hi-band U matic videocassette: either way, these formats will NOT be of sufficient quality to ever merit a practical commercial release.

It IS more likely that we will get a CD release of the concert at some point, or even a 5.1 surround mix on an "extras" disc.
Budapest on disc one, Knebworth DVDA surround mix on disc two with what little broadcast quality footage survives.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 07, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn wrote:

Why?

Because TheCro is a buffoon and continually bombards this board with ridiculously inane questions.

Just waiting for his next one:

"Why is Brian sometimes called Brian May and sometimes just Brian?"

Not to mention when he decides to upload some mp3 files and insists on writing a disclaimer like "I don't have it in FLAC and fuck off if you like FLAC"


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 07, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

Aquillas wrote:

The fourth link is the best. :P
responses on that thread just show how some of Queen fans(if we can call them like that) are stupid, childish and immature

when i ask question i ask it because i dont know the answer and i'm not acting like some fucking idiots there...



We should have a race to find theCro's "I lost all my best mp3s, please resupply" thread, to prove what a wally he is....

mate, you ARE a fucking idiot, however much to would like to believe the contrary.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 07, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro uttered verbal diarrhoea:
tell me your reasons - why Queen productions is not releasing gig which has been recorded with cameras if it hypothetically exist on master tapes?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

because you are talking shit?


go deo na h√Čireann
thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Dec 07, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

tell me your reasons - why Queen productions is not releasing gig which has been recorded with cameras if it hypothetically exist on master tapes?


Because Roger had a particularly bad acid trip the night after the concert and ate the tapes. There, happy?


"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Dec 07, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

theCro uttered verbal diarrhoea:
tell me your reasons - why Queen productions is not releasing gig which has been recorded with cameras if it hypothetically exist on master tapes?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

because you are talking shit?
oh poor retard you go and suck your daddy's nipples ROFL

get a life, jerk