Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Bohemian Rhapsody live

forum rss feed
Author

Darko user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 07, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What’s you opinion regarding Freddies performance (vocally) of Bohemian Rhapsody at the Budapest concert?

Posted: 15 Dec 07, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

your opinion

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 07, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

not bad.i prefer live at the bowl.

una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 07, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Darko wrote:

What’s you opinion regarding Freddies performance (vocally) of Bohemian Rhapsody at the Budapest concert?

Fantastic - however isn't it sped up a little.

Nonetheless i love the line - 'but now i've gone and thrown it all away' - he really gets it raspy and sounds so fucking fantastic, like i wish i could sing like him.

Then the line - 'gotta leave you all behind and face the - truth' - love the way he pauses and hits the word truth on a high note - what voice control, it's just amazing....

Then the rock bit is standard, but i love the line...'nothing relly matters' - he really digs in on the word 'Nothing'

Overall a great performance of the song, especially the intro, it sounds so energetic

Posted: 16 Dec 07, 09:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

una999 wrote:

Darko wrote:

Fantastic - however isn't it sped up a little.

Nonetheless i love the line - 'but now i've gone and thrown it all away' - he really gets it raspy and sounds so fucking fantastic, like i wish i could sing like him.

Then the line - 'gotta leave you all behind and face the - truth' - love the way he pauses and hits the word truth on a high note - what voice control, it's just amazing....

Then the rock bit is standard, but i love the line...'nothing relly matters' - he really digs in on the word 'Nothing'

Overall a great performance of the song, especially the intro, it sounds so energetic

I thought it was a very good version of Bohemian rhapsody, very enjoyable. It was one of the best versions from that tour in 1986.