Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen live - Past versus Now

forum rss feed
Author

una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 07, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Take Bo Rap - end bit after guitar and piano runs...say 1986 tour it sounds fantastic - full sounding, class, perfect.

Listen to the Q+PR tour and it sounds lacking - vacant sound, singular, weak. (for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-TR29MROM&feature=related)

Why the hell is that!? I mean Brian and Roger are still there?

I suppose it's Freddie that's missing - but still, take the end of Bo Rhap in that link, it drags on, the sense of urgency that Freddie had is gone for some reason. Queen must have sounded fab in 86 with the sound they had then, because IMO i think it's better than the sound 20 years later.

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 07, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think they sound damn fine for men nearing their 60's.

dobo user not visiting Queenzone.com
dobo
Bohemian: 899 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 07, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For blokes there age they are sounding amazing live, possibly the best they have ever sounded, take for example Brian and Roger's solo tours yeah they sounded good but take the 2005/06 world tour they sounded amazing, they have found someone equally tallented as Freddie yet completley different they arn't alike in almost any way. This shows as Brian and Roger are making new music and are fully motivated for the first time in almost 10 years


Visit The Official Kings of Queen Myspace Which I Run: http://www.myspace.com/kingsofqueenfanpage



Trade List: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56176
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 07, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

una999 wrote:

Take Bo Rap - end bit after guitar and piano runs...say 1986 tour it sounds fantastic - full sounding, class, perfect.

Listen to the Q+PR tour and it sounds lacking - vacant sound, singular, weak. (for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-TR29MROM&feature=related)

Why the hell is that!? I mean Brian and Roger are still there?

I suppose it's Freddie that's missing - but still, take the end of Bo Rhap in that link, it drags on, the sense of urgency that Freddie had is gone for some reason. Queen must have sounded fab in 86 with the sound they had then, because IMO i think it's better than the sound 20 years later.


If you think the Magic tour shows Queen sounding perfect, I think your whole point's gone down the toilet.


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 07, 01:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

If you think the Magic tour shows Queen sounding perfect, I think your whole point's gone down the toilet.


Mostly agreed, but you've got to love the "grand finale" Bo Rhap got during that tour instead of the gong hit. I still rate Wembley as a great show, even though Freddie's voice wasn't in top form. There's just something magical about it.


"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 07, 05:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It has all to do with timing/concentration etc. Queen were a well olied machine back in 1986 playing there asses of on every concert. When you are 60 or nearly sixty and playing these kind of exhaustic songs, day after day, your body gets tired and weak. If you compare the first shows at Brixton on 2005 with Hyde PArk, there is a lot more speed and timing.


You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 07, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thunderbolt<br><h6>Courtesy of God wrote:

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

If you think the Magic tour shows Queen sounding perfect, I think your whole point's gone down the toilet.


Mostly agreed, but you've got to love the "grand finale" Bo Rhap got during that tour instead of the gong hit.

I prefer the gong, but I have to say I love the grand finale...

...But then, I don't think it sounded any worse or weaker on the 2005/06 tour.



We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 07, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

Thunderbolt<br><h6>Courtesy of God wrote:

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

If you think the Magic tour shows Queen sounding perfect, I think your whole point's gone down the toilet.


Mostly agreed, but you've got to love the "grand finale" Bo Rhap got during that tour instead of the gong hit.

I prefer the gong, but I have to say I love the grand finale...
Agreed, I prefer the gong to the Big Finish every time. Same thing w/ Save Me. I never liked the big crashing ending they did live. It's unnecessary.

...But then, I don't think it sounded any worse or weaker on the 2005/06 tour.



"Take care of those you call your own"
bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 07, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought they sounded great. Even better than on the Magic tour.

I was especially impressed with Roger. For a man his age to be able to sing and drum as he did on "I'm In Love With My Car" is amazing!

V.



I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 07, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In my opinion a lot of the stuff they do now sounds MUCH better then in the early days. For example the vocal harmonies weren't very good back in the days. Except in some songs like '39 and Bicycle Race. (i'm talkinga bout live ofcourse)





"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."



(Genesis 1:1)
Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Dec 07, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken<br><font size=1>The Almighty</font> wrote:

In my opinion a lot of the stuff they do now sounds MUCH better then in the early days. For example the vocal harmonies weren't very good back in the days. Except in some songs like '39 and Bicycle Race. (i'm talkinga bout live ofcourse)



Shame on you!
You just made Freddie shed a tear in heaven.

ANd you call yourself a Queen fan?

pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Dec 07, 06:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Knute wrote:


Shame on you!
You just made Freddie shed a tear in heaven.

ANd you call yourself a Queen fan?


1) Who is Freddie ? Krueger ?
2) I agree that the vocal harmonies are now much better, so why do you attack somebody with an different oppinion ?

Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Dec 07, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

Knute wrote:


Shame on you!
You just made Freddie shed a tear in heaven.

ANd you call yourself a Queen fan?


1) Who is Freddie ? Krueger ?
2) I agree that the vocal harmonies are now much better, so why do you attack somebody with an different oppinion ?

Because I am portraying the typical idiot you see on messageboards. :)