Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Roger and Brians big mistake

forum rss feed
Author

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i know they are bored and want to play music and not just sit home, the reason they did this paul rodgers thing.

But they cant possibly write as good material or be as big as Queen were without freddie and its also hurting the legacy a little.

What they should have done is to tour and just have freddie on the screen for a whole concert as they are doing with bohemian rhapsody now.

That way they are still Queen and it would have probably sold out stadiums. People who never saw freddie could at least see the next best thing being the band plus freddie on the screen.

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

cakebox. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How luvly.

Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let me guess.....

They should have picked you to sing? Better yet, the no talent ass clown from Europe?

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

But they cant possibly write as good material or be as big as Queen were without freddie and its also hurting the legacy a little.

Why couldn't they write as good material now as they did in the 70's? What's stopping them? They propably have learned a lot since the 70's. I think it's great they're still creative.

And I don't think that the purpose of this current Q+PR activity is to become the biggest band on the planet. Why can't we just let the old men have some fun and do some rocking and rolling. They're good at it. It's not hurting anybody. And talking about their legacy...

Treasure Moment wrote:

What they should have done is to tour and just have freddie on the screen for a whole concert as they are doing with bohemian rhapsody now.

Now, THAT would be embarrasing, and would REALLY hurt their legacy as one of the greatest live acts ever.

Also, if they did that, Queenzone would be filled with topics screaming: "STOP ROBBING FREDDIE'S GRAVE, YOU GREEDY BASTARDS!!"

Marknow user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hello
Marknow
Deity: 2878 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How in the name of fuck do u honestly think u have the right to come on here and tell a band like Queen what they should be doing? Are u drunk/stoned?

Enlighten me to your vast experiance in the music industry please.

Thanks
Mark.

Arse.

Phill the Thrill user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

not to mention, wouldnt that basically just be like watching a Dvd at home? Cause we all know there are only like 5 concerts that queen have recorded that are worth watching, thats why they keep re-releasing them.

but hey you could go to sydney and watch freddie perform in Wembley.

Yay

Queen+PR Vancouver 13/04/06 anyone? Please FIND and SHARE it!
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We're still talking about this? Wow... why?

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
gmhmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 171 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

i know they are bored and want to play music and not just sit home, the reason they did this paul rodgers thing.

That way they are still Queen and it would have probably sold out stadiums. People who never saw freddie could at least see the next best thing being the band plus freddie on the screen.

It´s certain that you have not seen them live...!

I think Brian, Roger, Paul and the rest of the band did really well on the 2005 and the 2006 tour...! Great music, great performances!

Do you know who John Deacon was?

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

What about John?

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
kenny8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 150 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 18:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm past caring what Brian & Roger do. The negative press has already started and there'll be more to come.

Treasure Moment

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 18:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhounski wrote:

Let me guess.....

They should have picked you to sing? Better yet, the no talent ass clown from Europe?

no you idiot, im not a singer and we dont play rip off europe, why dont you go to my page and listen to the 4 songs there and tell me exactly whats so europe about them..also get a brain

Freddie Mercury is God

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Hello
Marknow

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Haystacks Calhounski wrote:

Let me guess.....

no you idiot, im not a singer and we dont play rip off europe, why dont you go to my page and listen to the 4 songs there and tell me exactly whats so europe about them..also get a brain

Are you innuendo1990? Or whatever

Arse.

Treasure Moment

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

August R. wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Why couldn't they write as good material now as they did in the 70's? What's stopping them? They propably have learned a lot since the 70's. I think it's great they're still creative.

And I don't think that the purpose of this current Q+PR activity is to become the biggest band on the planet. Why can't we just let the old men have some fun and do some rocking and rolling. They're good at it. It's not hurting anybody. And talking about their legacy...

Treasure Moment wrote:

Now, THAT would be embarrasing, and would REALLY hurt their legacy as one of the greatest live acts ever.

Also, if they did that, Queenzone would be filled with topics screaming: "STOP ROBBING FREDDIE'S GRAVE, YOU GREEDY BASTARDS!!"

well yeah, i suppose they can write good songs although it will never be the same level as original Queen songs. I just think that have such a legacy being the best and biggest band on earth, they should just let it be.

i dont think a concert with freddie on the screen would hurt their image as the best live band ever because you would still see freddie running around on the stage and all that.

People already know how good they were and now the younger people who never saw Queen live could see the next best thing. Of course it would be awesome if john was in it too.

Freddies impact on people is SO BIG that it would be enough just to see him on the screen and hear his voice loud in a stadium.

And its not like watching a dvd, its much more. Here you could see the surviving members and their reaction to playing with freddie on the screen. It would be a very emotional experience for the band and the fans.

Freddie Mercury is God

Treasure Moment

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Marknow wrote:

How in the name of fuck do u honestly think u have the right to come on here and tell a band like Queen what they should be doing? Are u drunk/stoned?

Enlighten me to your vast experiance in the music industry please.

Thanks
Mark.

no, i just know how to use my mind right

Freddie Mercury is God

Treasure Moment

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Phill the Thrill wrote:

not to mention, wouldnt that basically just be like watching a Dvd at home? Cause we all know there are only like 5 concerts that queen have recorded that are worth watching, thats why they keep re-releasing them.

but hey you could go to sydney and watch freddie perform in Wembley.

Yay

hearing freddies voice loud in a stadium and seeing him on a big screen + the surviving members live is NOT the same thing as watching a dvd at home and its also 100 times better than having paul rodgers sing it, no offence to paul but no one can ever come close to Freddie :)

Freddie Mercury is God

Treasure Moment

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gmhmagic wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

I think Brian, Roger, Paul and the rest of the band did really well on the 2005 and the 2006 tour...! Great music, great performances!

of course i know, im a VERY big Queen fan and i believe you when you say that their performances with paul have been good, im just saying it would have been even better if john was with them and they had freddie on the screen and no one else singing.

Freddie Mercury is God

Hello
Marknow

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

gmhmagic wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

of course i know, im a VERY big Queen fan and i believe you when you say that their performances with paul have been good, im just saying it would have been even better if john was with them and they had freddie on the screen and no one else singing.

Retard.

Arse.

Treasure Moment

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Marknow wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

gmhmagic wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Retard.

retard is your middle name idiot! you are extremely dumb, i feel sorry for you

Freddie Mercury is God

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Elvis Presley's old band and back-up singers actually did this - went on tour and played live to old footage of Elvis singing. It was pathetic and the tour was a miserable failure. If Brian and Roger had done that, they might as well have called it the "we are creatively bankrupt, have nothing new to offer, and desperately want to ride the coattails of a dead man all the way to the bank" tour. If people want to watch old film of Freddie Mercury, they can do that quite easily at home.

And having looked at your MySpace page, its obvious that whichever member of your band posts here is one of those "Queen was Freddie Mercury's stage name and the other three were little better than hired session players" fans, so I don't really take you very seriously. And your band isn't very good either. It sounds like Trans-Siberian Orchestra with whiny vocals. Take some voice lessons.

Treasure Moment

Posted: 21 Dec 07, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Faron Hyte wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Elvis Presley's old band and back-up singers actually did this - went on tour and played live to old footage of Elvis singing. It was pathetic and the tour was a miserable failure. If Brian and Roger had done that, they might as well have called it the "we are creatively bankrupt, have nothing new to offer, and desperately want to ride the coattails of a dead man all the way to the bank" tour. If people want to watch old film of Freddie Mercury, they can do that quite easily at home.

And having looked at your MySpace page, its obvious that whichever member of your band posts here is one of those "Queen was Freddie Mercury's stage name and the other three were little better than hired session players" fans, so I don't really take you very seriously. And your band isn't very good either. It sounds like Trans-Siberian Orchestra with whiny vocals. Take some voice lessons.

im not the singer and i dont think Queen was only freddie BUT he was the major force in it, the most dominant and strongest. I dont care what you think of my band, its better than all the talentless crap out there and you could never compose a song like ours.

Freddie Mercury is God