Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > What was the best item shared in this forum in 2007?

forum rss feed
Author

Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 04:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The choices are many:
Drammen '82
Face it Alone
Sail Away Sweet Sister demo
Sandbox
Khashoggi's Ship demo

All in all, a wonderful year to be a Queen fan. Thanks to all those who shared their rare stuff this year. I am very grateful, and I am sure many others are as well.

Man Made Paradise
Olavi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 04:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Face it alone, the two versions from the convention.

Mean Mr. Ketchup user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mean Mr. Ketchup
Bohemian: 234 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would say Drammen 1982, simply because it's unique. The Rainbow 1974 share was good too :P

"Come in," she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"
DavidRFuller user not visiting Queenzone.com
DavidRFuller
Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 09:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saaannndddbbboooooxxxx! ;)

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shane Jazz wrote:

The choices are many:
Drammen '82
Face it Alone
Sandbox
Khashoggi's Ship demo

All in all, a wonderful year to be a Queen fan. Thanks to all those who shared their rare stuff this year. I am very grateful, and I am sure many others are as well.

***** Controversy alert *****

On paper, I see nothing wrong with 'Shane Jazz's' choice of Queenzone's 2007's hottest releases, but it is very much a poor-man's '...never mind the quality, feel the width' approach to collecting music, something which I personally stand diametrically opposed to.

So without trying to enforce my own FLAC quality control mentality, how can one SERIOUSLY compare lossless sessions like '1984's Thames TV demos', 'The Call studio version', pittrek's best ever 'Huston '77', 'Young Nobles of Rock (Stark remaster), Dogwithabones' Brian May - Since You've Been Gone (rehearsal)- or even my own Brian May 'Who Wants To Live Forever' demos - against these degenerated low-fi MP3 pirated convention eves-dropping clips?

Do not get me wrong, I think everyone should be entitled to his or her own opinion, but personally, I think that opinion should be based upon the quality and listenabilty (overall repeated enjoyment factor) rather than rarity for its own sake - or something (because of the poor audio reproduction) which will never really be listened to again.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally I will never forget the incredible gift from pow pow, who sent a couple of people a copy of his Houston DVD.
John S. Stuart is correct as always, but unfortunatelly he / we can't change other people's minds and habbits

John S Stuart

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

Personally I will never forget the incredible gift from pow pow, who sent a couple of people a copy of his Houston DVD...

As noted above...

John S Stuart wrote:
...how can one SERIOUSLY compare lossless ... pittrek's best ever 'Huston '77'...

Many of us here in Queenzone are indebted for these 'quality shares' - so to Mr. Pittrek, (pow wow) and everyone else (whom I do not mean to offend from omission - but the list is far too long to write everyone's name personally - but you know who you are) who made it a valuable year - thank you.

EdFredrick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was a new year for me. I just found and joined the site this summer, and had also gotten faster internet to download with. It's hard to pick from all the wonderfull things i've gotten. "I thank you all"!!

Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone !
Happy to join in the discussion.
Well, for me 2007 has been the year when I became more active on Queenzone, for the previous years I was only a "watcher". I began downloading in 2007, after learning about the Flac thing (no more comments on it here) and the good thing it was as far as quality (not that much the quality of the listening but the preservation of the music as it is lossless). So in the (almost-finished) year I really started to learn about Queen live (thanks Bob for the wonderful and promising site www.queenlive.ca and to every other webmaster on the web who dedicated themselves to this live side), ans I discovered some things I hadn't noticed before in the official releases. I'm now more interested in the Queen live side than before, and thanks to the Queenzoners here I was glad to download some very good concerts in perfect quality, and moreover I participated (at my own little level) in that great sharing community by reuploading files for which the download links were broken. I am very happy to see the number of people downloading the Knebworth 'Thank You All' bootleg I just reuploaded some times ago, it makes me feel that I participate the right way. You would of course prefer if I uploaded new things but I don't have for the moment ! And maybe I would prefer another website where only lossless would be agreed, but that's another debate. So thanks to you, I was happy to download a rough 50 concerts in the last months (I don't choose one in perticular but the nice thing that all these files were quite easily downloadable), and I was happy too to see that such great men among you started to convert torrents into rapidshare and mediafire (or else) links, which is in my opinion the best way for everyone to have access to the files (the fact that you have to wait between downloads on rapidshare if you don't pay a little sum, don't remember how many, for a year is not really a problem in my opinion, it still allows everyone to download, which is not the case as far as torrents are concerned). So many thanks to those who had this habit to think about everyone here, I will continue to ask for these conversions in 2008 not only for my own personal pleasure but for everyone ! And I am quite glad anyway to see that this move is more and more made by some of you. THAT's sharing !
Have a good end of year everyone, see you next, and enjoy yourself !!

Rock on,

Olivier,
France.

wanna trade ?
Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I understand your point completely, JSS. In terms of sound quality, I couldn't agree with you more. I should have phrased my question more clearly. I meant: what was shared in this forum in 2007 that you had never heard before that excited you most? I simply meant hearing things like Sandbox (even with the annoying Property of Queen Productions inserts) and Face it Alone, that most Queen fans hadn't heard before. I was just trying to gauge that good old fashioned "rush" that a fan can get when they hear something for the first time. My vote goes to Sandbox, I enjoyed the raw energy in it.

Man Made Paradise
SCOM user not visiting Queenzone.com
SCOM
Bohemian: 339 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Young Nobles Of Rock.

"Thank You All" is from 2007? I have bad memory lol.

John S Stuart

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shane Jazz wrote:

I understand your point completely, JSS. In terms of sound quality, I couldn't agree with you more. I should have phrased my question more clearly. I meant: what was shared in this forum in 2007 that you had never heard before that excited you most? I simply meant hearing things like Sandbox (even with the annoying Property of Queen Productions inserts) and Face it Alone, that most Queen fans hadn't heard before. I was just trying to gauge that good old fashioned "rush" that a fan can get when they hear something for the first time. My vote goes to Sandbox, I enjoyed the raw energy in it.

I do see your point, so I do (to an extent) agree with you - but wouldn't it be great for 'Sandbox' to appear in studio quality?

We do know it is 'out there' - so 'One day, some day'?

FEEL THE FORCE 2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For me Vancouver 78

REAL ZARAGOZA
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Shane Jazz wrote:

The choices are many:
Drammen '82
Face it Alone
Sandbox
Khashoggi's Ship demo

***** Controversy alert *****

On paper, I see nothing wrong with 'Shane Jazz's' choice of Queenzone's 2007's hottest releases, but it is very much a poor-man's '...never mind the quality, feel the width' approach to collecting music, something which I personally stand diametrically opposed to.

So without trying to enforce my own FLAC quality control mentality, how can one SERIOUSLY compare lossless sessions like '1984's Thames TV demos', 'The Call studio version', pittrek's best ever 'Huston '77', 'Young Nobles of Rock (Stark remaster), Dogwithabones' Brian May - Since You've Been Gone (rehearsal)- or even my own Brian May 'Who Wants To Live Forever' demos - against these degenerated low-fi MP3 pirated convention eves-dropping clips?

Do not get me wrong, I think everyone should be entitled to his or her own opinion, but personally, I think that opinion should be based upon the quality and listenabilty (overall repeated enjoyment factor) rather than rarity for its own sake - or something (because of the poor audio reproduction) which will never really be listened to again.

Perhaps because 1984 was a pretty crap band with poor songs, and the BM skip demos, while interesting, were musically worthless?

I'm not a serious collector so just becasue it's rare doesn't mean much to me. I would rather have a non-rare, good quality concert (or demo) than, say, Drammen, which has very litle going for it.

ps I appreciate that people will feel the exact opposite to me.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
John S Stuart

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 14:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

Shane Jazz wrote:

The choices are many... Thanks to all those who shared their rare stuff this year. I am very grateful, and I am sure many others are as well.

..I think that opinion should be based upon the quality and listenabilty (overall repeated enjoyment factor) rather than rarity for its own sake...

... I would rather have a non-rare, good quality concert (or demo) than, say, Drammen, which has very litle going for it...

Aren't we in agreement - and saying the same thing?

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

Shane Jazz wrote:

The choices are many... Thanks to all those who shared their rare stuff this year. I am very grateful, and I am sure many others are as well.

..I think that opinion should be based upon the quality and listenabilty (overall repeated enjoyment factor) rather than rarity for its own sake...

... I would rather have a non-rare, good quality concert (or demo) than, say, Drammen, which has very litle going for it...

Aren't we in agreement - and saying the same thing?

Yes, sorry, I need to pay more attention sometimes. :)

All the best.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FEEL THE FORCE 2 wrote:

For me Vancouver 78

Vancouver 78 was actually first shared on The Traders Den in November 2006....

Marknow user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hello
Marknow
Deity: 2878 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.....ASSDUDE...... wrote:

Penitration Guru had photos of his mum on the net under Maure gang bangs, that was good.

And Fairy Fag had photos of his mum under Old Hoe's Love young Cu#.

Not sure if that counts, but... Made us all laugh.

And so ends another thread.

Arse.

Hello
Marknow

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=993300>bitesthedust<h6>¿Qué? wrote:

FEEL THE FORCE 2 wrote:

For me Vancouver 78

Vancouver 78 was actually first shared on The Traders Den in November 2006....

The audio for Vancouver 1978 is the best show ever shared for free.

Arse.

Hello
Marknow

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Marknow wrote:

Penitration Guru had photos of his mum on the net under Mature gang bangs, that was good.

And Fairy Fag had photos of his mum under Old Hoe's Love young Cu#.

Not sure if that counts, but... Made us all laugh.

And so ends another thread.

ehehe Sorry, I couldnt help my self... I know its annoying and no one likes it....

Dont get me wrong, we all like a bit of humor. But try and keep it topic related too.

Arse.