Posted: 27 Dec 07, 08:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Huh ! Why doesn't it surprise me ?
Some people should listen more of Freddie's music, e.g. "Stop All The Fighting"

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Part of me is shocked, and part of me saw it coming.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Part of me is shocked, and part of me saw it coming.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Assassination is never justified. In this case, I must however add "live by the sword, die by the sword" to that.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*opens first filing cabinet and inserts Benazir Bhutto into "jeez,never saw this coming" category behind Anna Nicole Smith and in front of the space reserved for Amy Winehouse*

*closes first filing cabinet*

*opens second filing cabinet and prepares the space for President Musharaf in the "when-shit+fan=chaos" section*

*leaves filing cabinet open*...

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 07, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I see all these countries coming out in support for Bhutto now. Perhaps they forgot about that last name for a few years.

Remember, her father was hanged for murdering his political opponent. Ask Aaron Burr how his life went after "The Duel". Then she decides to run a campaign for the people and is a shoo-in. Not long after, the scandals started and she lost the people. Kinda like Jimmy Swaggart. So she is arrested (twice this year!) and decides to start up her political career again.

And also, it didn't take much to get to her. That speaks volumes. They didn't investigate the previous assassination attempt on her life. They'll probably say she didn't get hit by a bullet at all! Heart attack? Concussion? Something.

So was this a suicide? Some are calling her a Martyr. I'd like to think my Martyrs are a little smarter than that!

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The key point here, however, is not what Bhutto was (a corrupt power-addict, IMHO), but how she is perceived. Factionalism is running free in Pakistan the last few years, and Musharraf is completely incapable of handling it. This assassination has come at such a critical time, as to raise mutual distrust between various groups to danger-levels, in effect bringing Pakistan to the brink of a civil war. Any minor incident could now trigger that.

Should a civil war occur, a very major threat is posed: Pakistan has nuclear weapons. Should these fall in the hands of any of a number of radical insurgent groups (call them "Taliban" or "Al Qaeda" if you wish; neither exists as anything more than a collective term for hardly related extremist cells), there are very real chances of them being used...

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was I who killed Benazir Bhutto.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

StoneColdClassicQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen
Bohemian: 775 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 13:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you wanna know, there is an article saying that she wasn't killed by the attackers. She was killed by a skull fracture caused by the wave of the bomb while she was trying to duck.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071228/ap_on_re_as/pakistan_investigation

Idon't know whether to believe this.

"When you make love to someone, use a condom."-Brian May

Paul Rodgers is Chuck Norris.
Lady Nyx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1172 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

The key point here, however, is not what Bhutto was (a corrupt power-addict, IMHO), but how she is perceived. Factionalism is running free in Pakistan the last few years, and Musharraf is completely incapable of handling it. This assassination has come at such a critical time, as to raise mutual distrust between various groups to danger-levels, in effect bringing Pakistan to the brink of a civil war. Any minor incident could now trigger that.

Should a civil war occur, a very major threat is posed: Pakistan has nuclear weapons. Should these fall in the hands of any of a number of radical insurgent groups (call them "Taliban" or "Al Qaeda" if you wish; neither exists as anything more than a collective term for hardly related extremist cells), there are very real chances of them being used...

ugh what a frightening thought!

"why pay the visit when the visit is free?"
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 07, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've only just recently heard about this, as I was traveling all day when this happend and thus pretty out of touch with reality. But I'm not surprised. It all ended far too well after the tensions between her and Musharaf a few months back. And how she died isn't relevent to any conversation...the point is she is dead. Whether it was the bomb itself or the injuries sustained trying to escape the bomb is a moot point.
This indeed creates a dangerous situation. Call her what you will, but there are now a mass of people willing to fight in her memory against whoever they deem responsible (most likely the government will be the recipient of blame). Musharaf, as stated before, hasn't been able to control the dangerous factions that are present in the country. I see civil war looming on the horizon...

Formerly MHG
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 31 Dec 07, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HistoryGirl wrote:

And how she died isn't relevent to any conversation...the point is she is dead.

Well, I didn't think so, until the facts started coming out. And then changing, and changing.

Yes, she's dead, but now we have factions fighting over who's responsible, what happened, pretty much utter chaos. This son, who is taking over his Mom's position, will either be killed or silently disolve his party. This was a successful governmental overthrow of the highest nature, plain and simple. Another display of a minority faction successfully controlling the will of the people. The U.S. (and other countries) would be wise to get out now. Iran & Pakistan should be able to wipe each other out for the next 500 years or so.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 07, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gotta love the Google ads...

BHUTTO RINGTONES!

Some people really love cashing in the dead with style.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 07, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people are dead. full stop. the why's and wherefores are now completely irrelevant.

the only thing that matters is the simple equation -
Pakistan has nuclear power, therefore
Pakistan + Nuclear Power = Iran with knobs on

go deo na hÉireann
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 07, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

people are dead. full stop. the why's and wherefores are now completely irrelevant.

the only thing that matters is the simple equation -
Pakistan has nuclear power, therefore
Pakistan + Nuclear Power = Iran with knobs on

Yep..sadly. If Pakistan has them I'm afraid they are going to be used and soon. I'm still hoping they do not really have them and are bluffing.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 31 Dec 07, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

If Pakistan has them I'm afraid they are going to be used and soon. I'm still hoping they do not really have them and are bluffing.

They've had 'em for nearly twenty years. Just like India. Sorry to worry you.

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 07, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was away for the holiday when this happened. I turned on the news for the weather just as the commentator said, "Benazir Bhutto is dead." The first thing I said was, "they killed her."

There was no question this was going to happen. She knew it and so did the rest of the world. How it happened - as a result of a bullet, shrapnel or blast from a bomb - is irrelevant. She was clearly with the West and spoke out against extremists. She was not a fan of Musharraf nor was he of her. She was murdered as expected and now Musharraf is in an even more difficult spot. I'm not a Musharraf groupie or anything, but I think it's fair to say he's been walking a fine line as it is with the combination of moderates and extremists in his country. That line is even finer now.

I've no idea what the answer might be, but as others have expressed here, I'm also afraid of the civil war possibility (probability?) and most importantly, the security of those weapons.

Just a few years ago, Y2K was the thing to fear. Who knows what the stroke of midnight will bring us this new year. The world we're living in is certainly a frightening place.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 07, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Settle down American chumleys. The world has always been a scary place, it's just that after 9/11 you can now find some of these places on the map.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)