Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Say It´s Not True - new mix?????

forum rss feed
Author

rmp user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 26 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Dec 07, 08:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone,

today I drove 60 kilometers to get the "new mix" of SINT on single cd.
Perhaps I´m def, but the physical release sounds exactly the same as the free download version.

This "new version" thing seems only to be a marketing strategy....

Not only a physical release, also a physical Verarschung (I can´t translate this word into english)

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 07, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Isn't it only a Luxembourgh-only version ?

Verarschung - maybe "shitting" ?

vonkeil user not visiting Queenzone.com
vonkeil
Bohemian: 241 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 07, 10:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Couldn't make out any differences to the download version either!!??
At least I was hoping they would leave out the flanger effects..

Guten Morgen, sie wünschten geweckt zu werden.

Posted: 28 Dec 07, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, shitting may be the right word.

The cd version sounds exactly the same, there´s still an echo on Roger´s and Brian´s voices, absolutely no differences. I was hoping for an other end of the song, because I think it ends too soon. A guitar outro by Brian in typical Red Special style would have been the better thing than this fading keyboard sound.

steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this supposed to be released on December 31, 2007? How could you guys possibly purchase the single if it hasn't been released yet?

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 02:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=FF0033 face=symbol>Freddie wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this supposed to be released on December 31, 2007? How could you guys possibly purchase the single if it hasn't been released yet?

That's what I was thinking.
Could they have gotten a pirated copy?

Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 02:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fake possibly?

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
vonkeil user not visiting Queenzone.com
vonkeil
Bohemian: 241 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 03:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Germany released the single a little earlier, on Dec. 28th.

Guten Morgen, sie wünschten geweckt zu werden.

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 04:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No fake!

Germany releases discs on Fridays! Official German release date was 28 th December.

And guys, please notice: I wrote that I drove 60 kilometers to get the single cd, so I don´ think they´re selling fake disc at SATURN, one of the biggest German hi-fi shops.

Here are too many people who are absolutely negative! Everything they don´t know is a fake...

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's why I asked if it isn't only a "localised" version, released specially for your country.
It was pretty common for Queen to release different song versions for some countries

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

That's why I asked if it isn't only a "localised" version, released specially for your country.
It was pretty common for Queen to release different song versions for some countries

Name one example. Yes, they had different edits for some countries, but no completely different mix.

steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never knew Germany or any other country had special privileges. I'm not doubting the alleged truth of the matter, but I am quite skeptical as I have not once read a notice on the Queen website about earlier release dates for other specific nations. It would be safe to assume, as with any other non-German on this thread, that the single that is spoken of is indeed a fake. In fact, by what has been said I would be VERY sure in saying the release is a fake. According to the owners of this mix they all complain not much if anything has changed with the song, when Queen specifically promised us a new mix with additional treatment. But, as I said before, I'm not rejecting the alleged claim, I'm simply skeptical of it.

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I seriously doubt a bootlegger would release a track by QPR and sell thousands of copies of it to a huuuuge chain of stores in Germany.

Walter B. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 741 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=FF0033 face=symbol>Freddie wrote:

I never knew Germany or any other country had special privileges. I'm not doubting the alleged truth of the matter, but I am quite skeptical as I have not once read a notice on the Queen website about earlier release dates for other specific nations. It would be safe to assume, as with any other non-German on this thread, that the single that is spoken of is indeed a fake. In fact, by what has been said I would be VERY sure in saying the release is a fake. According to the owners of this mix they all complain not much if anything has changed with the song, when Queen specifically promised us a new mix with additional treatment. But, as I said before, I'm not rejecting the alleged claim, I'm simply skeptical of it.

German release date:
http://www.emimusic.de/produkt/5099952016929#1

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/hnum/8553818?rk=poprock&rsk=hitlist

Please read the press release from December 12th - http://www.queenonline.com/news/607/

excerpt:
Queen’s first new studio recording in ten years and Paul Rodgers’ first in 7 years, the track is being rush-released by Parlophone/EMI throughout the world excluding North America to be available by the end of the year

In South Africa, where the December 1 World Aids Day 46664 concert took place, the single will be on sale within a matter of days.

I haven't been able to find the South-African releasedate though.

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 12:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First: This thread has turned into little to do with Queen, but with distribution instead.
How distribution works, is that a collaboration of companies agree to release a product on a given date. This date is not law - but a retail recommendation or agreement.
So Disney for example set a date (eg: Monday 7th April 2007) to release 'Ratatouille' on DVD.

Prior to this date they need to stamp 100,000 DVDS, and deliver all these stocks to individual shops or suppliers. To 'buffer' any problems, most stores would have their stock copies for the previous Thursday (3rd April) - ready for public sale on the Monday (7th April).

That is why stores can sell 'Harry Potter' at the stroke of midnight, because the merchandise has been sitting in the store for the last few days.
Now, this is only an agreement, and some stores (usually big chains) can do as they please - and sell stock early (the Saturday before the Monday) - as they know that they are too big a chain for Disney to penalise.
This also frequently happens with Play.com. They send out parcels on Friday PM to guarantee arrival by the Monday morning, but sometimes, if one is lucky, the parcel will arrive on the Saturday - two days full days BEFORE the release date.

Second: So personally, I believe that the 'German guys' have not only bought official versions early, but that these versions will be the CD versions of the official download.
I guess there will be a minimum of difference to Keep QPL on the correct side of the law - but, by announcing this slight change as a remix will not be viewed as a public con - but as a great and positive marketing strategy - in that we have all gone out and bought the same tat twice.

Brilliant!

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don´t konow where´s the problem for some people here?????

ALL new releases of music are released in Germany on Fridays.

So, of course, in Germany you´ll get the music a few days earlier, not one week later, because Germany is one of the biggest music-markets in Europe.

And again, it´s no fake, I went to the shop and bought two of this absolutely real single-cd with it´s ugly black cover as shown on Queenonline.com... Price: € 2,99

And again: It´s the same version as given for free from Queenonline.com. The sound is better, because it´s no MP3.... (no, I´m not a flac-freak!!!!!!!!!)

I started this discussion because I wanted to know if other people think the same about the offered "new" version.

But the only thing that happens is that other people claim that I buy illegal discs or grab music from the net?

Please take a look at this picture and believe! Believe guys, believe!!!!!

In the background you see an other nice item of mine. Also no fake.

http://rapidshare.de/files/38158141/BILD0632.JPG.html

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://rapidshare.de/files/38158202/BILD0632.JPG.html

Sorry, here´s the correct link

John S Stuart

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rmp wrote:

I started this discussion because I wanted to know if other people think the same about the offered "new" version...

I believe you, I believe... but your link does not work.
Can you change it to one which does?

John S Stuart

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rmp wrote:

I started this discussion because I wanted to know if other people think the same about the offered "new" version...

I believe you, I believe... but your link does not work.
Can you change it to one which does?

EDIT:
Downloaded the new link. What a depressing cover. With the artists and song title set in different fonts - it now reads as a criticism of the CD - ie - Brian May, Roger Taylor, Queen and Paul Rodgers: 'Say It's NOT true' (as in please God - say it's not true!)

Posted: 29 Dec 07, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It´s true!!!!

But as long as they make good music their name could be "Spitney Brears" or whatever....it doesn´t matter to me.

PS: I also bought the song at i-tunes hoping for a new version. But it´s also the same one....

So I did something for the charts three (!)times, but only one time for me (...). I´m very angry about the release-poltics of our favourite band!

Maybe we´ll get a brilliant blues album (aaaaarggghhh). Who knows.....?