Forums > Sharing The Music - Request > request: Brian May's vocal version of Too Much Love Will Kill You

forum rss feed
Author

Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Dec 07, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i was wondering if anyone had on mp3 Brian's vocal version of TMLWKY. (the version that he sings.)

and i know it would be illegal to share this on this site, so my email address is katastrophe.mercury@yahoo.com. i'd love it if it were uploaded to mediafire or sendspace, and just as an mp3. (i don't know how to "seed" files or whatever.)

i'd really appreciate it. thanks.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Dec 07, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What have you got against buying the album?

Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Dec 07, 20:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

haven't the money. i didn't even have a tree or decorations for christmas. i just want that one song for the moment.

David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Jan 08, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But you've got the money to pay for internet access?


"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Jan 08, 08:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katastrophe Mercury wrote:

haven't the money. i didn't even have a tree or decorations for christmas. i just want that one song for the moment.

I want a Ferrari, but I don't have the money. Will you help me ?

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Jan 08, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katastrophe Mercury wrote:

haven't the money. i didn't even have a tree or decorations for christmas. i just want that one song for the moment.


Get a job. It's what everyone else does to pay for things they want.

Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jan 08, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*rolls eyes* y'know what, never mind. had i known i was going to get the freaking spanish inquisition for requesting a song that everyone seems to have, i wouldn't have bothered to ask.

and for your information, *my parents* paid for six months in advance when they signed up for my internet, thank you very much. i'm seventeen and i'd absolutely love to get a job if i weren't already a student and going to physical therapy three times a week due to four spine deformities.

you guys act like i'm asking for a miracle or something...

David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 08, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not a miracle, but something we can't do on this site. You even know that yourself, so why ask?

Why not ask your parents to buy you the Back To The Light album? Maybe for your 18th birthday. It really is a good album.


"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 08, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katastrophe Mercury wrote:

*rolls eyes* y'know what, never mind. had i known i was going to get the freaking spanish inquisition for requesting a song that everyone seems to have, i wouldn't have bothered to ask.

and for your information, *my parents* paid for six months in advance when they signed up for my internet, thank you very much. i'm seventeen and i'd absolutely love to get a job if i weren't already a student and going to physical therapy three times a week due to four spine deformities.

you guys act like i'm asking for a miracle or something...


Right. I'm not having this. Students can work, and if your spinal problems prevent you working, what are you planning to do once your education is complete? What will your source of income be when the day (eventually, far in the future) comes that your parents aren't around?

Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 08, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Katastrophe Mercury wrote:

*rolls eyes* y'know what, never mind. had i known i was going to get the freaking spanish inquisition for requesting a song that everyone seems to have, i wouldn't have bothered to ask.

and for your information, *my parents* paid for six months in advance when they signed up for my internet, thank you very much. i'm seventeen and i'd absolutely love to get a job if i weren't already a student and going to physical therapy three times a week due to four spine deformities.

you guys act like i'm asking for a miracle or something...


Right. I'm not having this. Students can work, and if your spinal problems prevent you working, what are you planning to do once your education is complete? What will your source of income be when the day (eventually, far in the future) comes that your parents aren't around?


not that it's any of your business, but i wouldn't depend on my parents to save my life. come adulthood i'll be done with physical therapy and be able to hold my own - aside from the fact that spine surgery is imminent for me. not only that, i have friends who are almost begging for me to let them help me. and what my future career will be is NONE of your concern.

speaking of my lovely friends, because of the bullshit i've been put through here, i have a friend in finland who bought BTTL and is giving it to me as a present.

really, what do my spine deformities have to do with a Brian May song anyway? and why do you care? you obviously didn't care enough to share the stupid song, so don't tell me you care now.

Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 08, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hmm you could give him the demo version.. I mean it has Brian on vocals.


Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 08, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hemmm... dear Queen archivists someywhere... I am ready to bruise my own bones and tragically smash my head on the floor a dozen times, and why not break my teeth also (what about cutting my right arm just under the shoulder ?) if you give me the Queen boxsets promised some times ago...

Welcome to charity-land....
Dear Mr Katastrophe (what a name)... 17 year-old or not, troubled with spine problems or not, whatever the problem is, there is one thing to understand here... We are on a fan community, not created to share files in the first move if I'm right, but more to have a talk between fans. It evolved in sharing files with the fanclub (so let's say the band itself) giving its approval... But only if no official material is shared here. That's a fact. You request a demo, so maybe that could be OK. Not really a problem of official or not here anyway.
The thing is that we must keep this website alive by not breaking the rules.
BUT there is a second point. Here we can find very different sort of fans. Those who like you want to discover the band in a new way (we were all like this one day), but don't know a lot of things about that, and on the other extreme the fans who have some things to share that are of some interest for the other fans. In between there are of course a lot of other fans, growing in their knowledge of the band and so on. The magic side of Internet made that these people could gather and share quite easily. Personnally, I would not mind sharing my oh so treasured hidden demos (if I had some) with the other fans on request, and share this with passion. But I think if too many people react like you do, asking things with a pleading tone and showing a lot of misery to provoke pity, well I think those "suppliers" could get irritated by such a reaction and Queenzone could lose some credibility.
Moreover, for my part, I think you are just lying, that's my own opinion, but you can benefit from the doubt, and we can say you're right. OK, so you're right, and you are suffering a lot and so on. Well, that doesn't make you more lovely here, and that doesn't change anything about the fact that there are many other ways to ask for something.
Now, let's think about people that are really ill, more than you can be, and never say anything here in order to get more things (take example with Freddie who recorded until his body could not do anything, if you don't know the story then buy some books or ask to fans). That's more correct I think. Not that we don't care about your spine problems, but that has nothing to see with sharing files and that's not a way you can force the Queenzoners to give you what you want. That's how your reaction can be understood, reading your posts.

I fould myself quite intolerant in this post, which is not my usual behaviour, but reading you was shocking me. So my apologies to you, and if I was wrong and misunderstood you, then sorry. But if I did, others could have done too.
So just one little advice, don't plea to have something (for you and everyone else wanting to do so), just ask kindly, without making too much fuss, if no response then try again later, always kindly. In the end it works better ! I personnally ask from time to time for people to convert torrents onto mediafire or rapidshare (my speciality these days !) and now this is regularly done by some of the kind users here. That's my own experience, maybe others could tell you the same. Of course it doesn't work all the time, given that we can't ask for everyone to work for us and pretending that this due to us. Queenzoners take the time to do so, if they can.

We have to respect the website we use, if we don't want it to disappear ! We are not always agree with everything, but we can discuss things if we keep cool and polite and so on.
Respect the website and don't try to get something using such attitude. If you don't like the way it works, then wait for another one that suits you more, and keep the disc


wanna trade ?
Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 08, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...why do you people here think i'm a bloke? i'm a girl. :/ honestly, a guy called Katastrophe? really?

i DO understand what you said, ruth.oliver, but i just wanted one simple song until i was finally able to buy BTTL. if i'm getting this reaction because people here don't want me to rip Brian off, then they're very much mistaken. a friend of mine out of gracious charity burned me a copy of A Day At The Races a long while back because i couldn't find it anywhere in stores. getting it online at the time wasn't a good idea either but i still wanted to buy it because it seemed more AUTHENTIC to me. and like i said earlier, a friend has bought me a copy and is mailing it to me, so Brian WILL be getting his pay.

aside from that, i even made it clear that i knew the rules and asked for it to me emailed to me instead of shared on this site, which was unallowed. forgive me, but i've seen the same thing done here before and they never got their asses flammed like mine has been.

and you think i'd make some shit story up to get a song that i could clearly get from pretty much anyone? are you kidding me with this? i do love music and all but i wouldn't be stupid enough to make up a story about having spine problems so i could download ONE LITTLE SONG. it's not like i announced it as soon as i asked for the song.

maybe other morons here would, but i wouldn't. i don't want your pity. nor your songs now, considering the treatment here. i mean come on, this is a REQUEST forum, i request something simple and i get in return a bunch of crap? when other people here request things, either someone will share the product by the first topic reply or no one replies and lets the topic go to rot. if you people weren't going to share the stupid song in the first place, then why bother flamming me, huh?

it's just pathetic and highly unimpressive. kinda makes me wonder how many other Queen fans out in the world are complete right arses.

Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 08, 04:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pathetic ? and talking about spine problems and shortage of money is not pathetic ?
Come on, the problem was more into the way you asked for this. The request forum is what it is, it was the right place to do so. No problem with that. And still, I hope someone will email you soon.
That doesn't change my point of view. Take care when you ask for something, or people can start considering Queenzone as a strange place where people have to be seriously ill to get a file. It is not the case, people here are usually very kind and share happily when asked politely and correctly.
For example, if you think that the Queen fans are right arses, this is not polite. If you think so then join the Metallica fans.

Regards,

Olivier,
France.


wanna trade ?
Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 08, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

uh, yeah...the only reason my "pathetic" problem was brought up was cos someone asked me "what do you have against buying the album?" and i simply said i didn't have the money and SUDDENLY i'm being bombarded with comments such as "but you can pay for internet?" or "i want a ferarri but i can't afford it, will you help me?" so DO NOT turn this on me. if THESE people here were as polite as you claim then they wouldn't have been bullying me like that.

so i only brought that up to emphasise how i can't get a job at the moment to buy the BTTL album right now. and aside from that, i didn't even bring it up until these arses started attacking me here! haven't you read this thread at all? if i was trying to garnish sympathy from you people here i would have spilled my guts when i started this thread. OBVIOUSLY I DID NOT. ergo, i'm not out to gain anyone's sympathy. i only asked for one song, seeing as this is a *request* forum, so i broke no rules.

right now, the only thing i want is for you people to get your heads out of your asses and stop buggering me.

my mind boggles at the very idea that you thought i was trying to gain your pity...honestly, it makes me laugh. and you obviously didn't read the opening topic post because i didn't even MENTION anything out of my personal life until what, half way down the thread after being practically harassed and bullied?

and i'm also boggled as to why you think i should be a Metallica fan if i don't even listen to metal. i DIDN'T say ALL QUEEN FANS were arses, just the ones i've run into here.

really, do you only read HALF of what i say?

Miss Moonstruck user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 08, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Alright. I knew I wasn't going to come to this wretched site, but since you all think it's fun to pick on Miss Katastrophe Mercury for a request on a fucking REQUEST forum I have to step in.

First off, why do you think she's lying about her spinal deformaties? Who the hell would lie about that and just for ONE song she just wants to at least LISTEN to before she can get money to buy the album? Do you all have to be pricks? Yes I know her, and she isn't lying. And using her spinal deformities to use against her is just low, and very, very awful. To think that Queen fans could be like this.

She asks for a request politely, and all of you "Queen" fans bitch at her for it! Well all of you can eat shit.



Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 08, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miss Moonstruck wrote:

Alright. I knew I wasn't going to come to this wretched site, but since you all think it's fun to pick on Miss Katastrophe Mercury for a request on a fucking REQUEST forum I have to step in.


Fine I can take you on as well.


First off, why do you think she's lying about her spinal deformaties? Who the hell would lie about that and just for ONE song she just wants to at least LISTEN to before she can get money to buy the album?.


Nobody said she was lying.

Plenty of people lie about things on the internet. I have a small penis.

If she wants to LISTEN to it, she can do so on YouTube.


Do you all have to be pricks? Yes I know her, and she isn't lying. And using her spinal deformities to use against her is just low, and very, very awful.

Hold on a second. SHE played that card, and it's the card (to stretch the metaphor) that's being used against her, not the condition itself.


To think that Queen fans could be like this.

Ah, you're one of those fantasists who believes that there's a unique sub-species of the human race who do no wrong. Two words - Barry George.

She asks for a request politely, and all of you "Queen" fans bitch at her for it!

***EXTREME EXAMPLE***
If I asked you politely to steal a car for me, would you?
***EXTREME EXAMPLE TO ILLUSTRATE LACK OF LOGICAL INHERENT IN ORIGINAL STATEMENT***

Well all of you can eat shit.

Well, since we're lowering ourselves to this level, eat your own - you're producing enough...

Spork user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 08, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look you guys, this was clearly just one huge misunderstanding. She was using her spinal problems to answer a question, while many of you thought she was saying it to get sympathy. Thats all :)

Miss Moonstruck user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 08, 00:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Miss Moonstruck wrote:

Alright. I knew I wasn't going to come to this wretched site, but since you all think it's fun to pick on Miss Katastrophe Mercury for a request on a fucking REQUEST forum I have to step in.


Fine I can take you on as well.


First off, why do you think she's lying about her spinal deformaties? Who the hell would lie about that and just for ONE song she just wants to at least LISTEN to before she can get money to buy the album?.


Nobody said she was lying.

Plenty of people lie about things on the internet. I have a small penis.

If she wants to LISTEN to it, she can do so on YouTube.


Do you all have to be pricks? Yes I know her, and she isn't lying. And using her spinal deformities to use against her is just low, and very, very awful.

Hold on a second. SHE played that card, and it's the card (to stretch the metaphor) that's being used against her, not the condition itself.


To think that Queen fans could be like this.

Ah, you're one of those fantasists who believes that there's a unique sub-species of the human race who do no wrong. Two words - Barry George.

She asks for a request politely, and all of you "Queen" fans bitch at her for it!

***EXTREME EXAMPLE***
If I asked you politely to steal a car for me, would you?
***EXTREME EXAMPLE TO ILLUSTRATE LACK OF LOGICAL INHERENT IN ORIGINAL STATEMENT***

Well all of you can eat shit.

Well, since we're lowering ourselves to this level, eat your own - you're producing enough...


Blah blah blah. Get over it and leave her alone.

River user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 08, 02:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Funny how it's incredibly heinous and time stops if anyone dares to utter the D word...DOWNLOAD OH NOES...but it's fine to illegally upload content to Youtube and watch it there.
Give her a break, guys, she just asked a question.


My artworks, including a couple of Freddie pics: http://river-grace.deviantart.com.