Forums > Queen - General Discussion > seven seas of rhye

forum rss feed
Author

ilovebooks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 08, 05:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it didnt have vocals on their first album but on the second it did. weird anyone know why?


ilovebooks
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 08, 06:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the first one was really just a "W.I.P.", and also a nice way to close the album...




go deo na hÉireann
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 08, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ilovebooks wrote:

it didnt have vocals on their first album but on the second it did. weird anyone know why?


If you really DO love books, you must know a bit about redrafts and works in progress and beginnings and endings and sequals...?
I am guessing that you also know about the circular nature of themes in art and literature (leitmotif in music)?

Then again, from a self proclaimed book lover who can not write in proper sentences or use punctuation correcty: I guess most of the above answer has been enlightening.


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 08, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The second album was meant to lead with the completed Seven Seas of Rhye but Brian cocked it all up by writing a better intro. Fool.

rockthecosmos2008 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 71 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 08, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

ilovebooks wrote:

it didnt have vocals on their first album but on the second it did. weird anyone know why?


If you really DO love books, you must know a bit about redrafts and works in progress and beginnings and endings and sequals...?
I am guessing that you also know about the circular nature of themes in art and literature (leitmotif in music)?

Then again, from a self proclaimed book lover who can not write in proper sentences or use punctuation correcty: I guess most of the above answer has been enlightening.


HERE WE GO AGAIN, DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF SOMEONE MISSES OUT A COMMA, OR FULL STOP?


Come On Down let's Rock This Place....Suck It To Me!!!
ilovebooks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 08, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i see. im a born again Queen fan and some things are still in my head some are not
and john dont be a grouch its the internet i can write however i want


ilovebooks
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 08, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tilltheendoftime: "HERE WE GO AGAIN, DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF SOMEONE MISSES OUT A COMMA, OR FULL STOP?"

No need to shout - I am not deaf - thank you, but to politely answer your question:
ONLY if you use a name like "ilovebooks".

I mean; if I chose a name like 'JohntheBeatleslover', I think it would only be fair for YOU to expect me to know the names of at least a few Beatles tracks? Or how about 'Johnperfectspeller'?
Surely you would expect me to be above glaringly obvious spelling errors?

Likewise: if you are brave enough to give YOURSELF the nickname "ilovebooks", then I think it is only fair to live up to the expectations and conventions which the name itself suggests?

ilovebooks: "...its the internet i can write however i want..."

See above. If you are not au fait with the conventions of book writing why not call youreself 'itstheinternetsoicanwritehowilike'? Because if you REALLY LOVED books, I would expect you to honour and follow their conventions, instead of degrading their beauty and majasty into some sort of chav-speak.


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
phish food user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 08, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

christ. threads get off-topic fast around here, huh? ;)

castaway_girl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tilltheendoftime wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

ilovebooks wrote:

it didnt have vocals on their first album but on the second it did. weird anyone know why?


If you really DO love books, you must know a bit about redrafts and works in progress and beginnings and endings and sequals...?
I am guessing that you also know about the circular nature of themes in art and literature (leitmotif in music)?

Then again, from a self proclaimed book lover who can not write in proper sentences or use punctuation correcty: I guess most of the above answer has been enlightening.


HERE WE GO AGAIN, DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF SOMEONE MISSES OUT A COMMA, OR FULL STOP?


I sorta agree with you... i mean its just a stupid forum where people ask stupid questions (including me). who cares if there is a comma out of place?! jeez...


Roger: Can i go to lunch now?

Brian: No you can't.
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

okay then...but you have to remember that some people on here can type whole paragraphs without punctuation. this shows a lack of consideration for the reader.

even if the topic starter couldn't use any different word, they could've at least attempted some punctuation. there are several possibilities as to how the "sentence" could have been typed:

LAZY VERSION: it didnt have vocals on their first album but on the second it did. weird anyone know why?

A LITTLE EFFORT VERSION: it didnt have vocals on their first album, but on the second it did. weird. anyone know why?

CORRECT ENGLISH VERSION: On the first Queen album SSOR was an instrumental version, yet on Queen II the song has vocals. Does anyone know why they are different?

and before you attack me - i was the ONE person who answered the poster. However, I agree with John - If you call yourself "ilovebooks" then at least let your use of English and grammar display that you love books for reading and not as toilet paper.





go deo na hÉireann
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

castaway_girl wrote:

tilltheendoftime wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

ilovebooks wrote:

it didnt have vocals on their first album but on the second it did. weird anyone know why?


If you really DO love books, you must know a bit about redrafts and works in progress and beginnings and endings and sequals...?
I am guessing that you also know about the circular nature of themes in art and literature (leitmotif in music)?

Then again, from a self proclaimed book lover who can not write in proper sentences or use punctuation correcty: I guess most of the above answer has been enlightening.


HERE WE GO AGAIN, DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF SOMEONE MISSES OUT A COMMA, OR FULL STOP?


I sorta agree with you... i mean its just a stupid forum where people ask stupid questions (including me). who cares if there is a comma out of place?! jeez...


You completely miss my point. So let me simplify:

Either keep the name 'ilovebooks' and stick to the book loving conventions YOUR chosen name suggests, or change your name to 'itstheinternetsoicanwritehowilike'.

Or, am I the only one who can see the irony in all of this?


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brenski wrote:


...If you call yourself "ilovebooks" then at least... love books for reading and not as toilet paper.


Perhaps the best bit of advice ever seen on Queenzone.
I really, really wish I had said that!


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Brenski wrote:


...If you call yourself "ilovebooks" then at least... love books for reading and not as toilet paper.


Perhaps the best bit of advice ever seen on Queenzone.
I really, really wish I had said that!

sorry mate, my tagline mentions turds...so i suppose my brain is lodging in toilet humour


go deo na hÉireann
ilovebooks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

joni i dont know if its that time of the month for you or you have ocd. where everything has to be shipshape..
i dont know whether to feel sorry for you or to be flattered that you wrote all that just for me

idk..thanks?
ps i still love books!


ilovebooks
Stoner user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 08, 03:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

tilltheendoftime: "HERE WE GO AGAIN, DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF SOMEONE MISSES OUT A COMMA, OR FULL STOP?"

No need to shout - I am not deaf - thank you, but to politely answer your question:
ONLY if you use a name like "ilovebooks".


What an asshole. I have read quite a few books with no words in them at all John S Stuart.
And as for the name you chose for yourself, according to your theory you should be quite acquainted with my family on my maternal great grandmother's side, last name Stuart. The whole lot of them perished in the Jonestown massacre. Did you know that John S Stuart?

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 08, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stoner wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

tilltheendoftime: "HERE WE GO AGAIN, DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF SOMEONE MISSES OUT A COMMA, OR FULL STOP?"

No need to shout - I am not deaf - thank you, but to politely answer your question:
ONLY if you use a name like "ilovebooks".


What an asshole. I have read quite a few books with no words in them at all John S Stuart.
And as for the name you chose for yourself, according to your theory you should be quite acquainted with my family on my maternal great grandmother's side, last name Stuart. The whole lot of them perished in the Jonestown massacre. Did you know that John S Stuart?


Stoner: I may well be an asshole, but at least I am an educated asshole, so I know that any 'real book lover' would at least attempt to write in a formal fashion, but, from polite courtesy - let me answer your questions in sequence.

First: “I have read quite a few books with no words in them at all...”
Unless you read D.H. Lawrence, pornography does not usually count as literature.

Second: “...as for the name you chose for yourself”
Actually, I did not choose this name for myself; my parents chose it for me. Therefore, for better or worse, I am stuck with it.

Third: “...you should be quite acquainted with my family... Stuart. The whole lot of them perished in the Jonestown massacre”.
No, I have never heard of them. As alluded to above, I must come from the intellectual side of the family.



"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
wilk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 08, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perhaps they didn't know if they'd get the chance to make Queen II so put it out unfinished.

Stoner user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 08, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Stoner wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

tilltheendoftime: "HERE WE GO AGAIN, DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF SOMEONE MISSES OUT A COMMA, OR FULL STOP?"

No need to shout - I am not deaf - thank you, but to politely answer your question:
ONLY if you use a name like "ilovebooks".


What an asshole. I have read quite a few books with no words in them at all John S Stuart.
And as for the name you chose for yourself, according to your theory you should be quite acquainted with my family on my maternal great grandmother's side, last name Stuart. The whole lot of them perished in the Jonestown massacre. Did you know that John S Stuart?


Stoner: I may well be an asshole, but at least I am an educated asshole, so I know that any 'real book lover' would at least attempt to write in a formal fashion, but, from polite courtesy - let me answer your questions in sequence.

First: “I have read quite a few books with no words in them at all...”
Unless you read D.H. Lawrence, pornography does not usually count as literature.

Second: “...as for the name you chose for yourself”
Actually, I did not choose this name for myself; my parents chose it for me. Therefore, for better or worse, I am stuck with it.

Third: “...you should be quite acquainted with my family... Stuart. The whole lot of them perished in the Jonestown massacre”.
No, I have never heard of them. As alluded to above, I must come from the intellectual side of the family.


I was only joking about that. I like you anyway!

Stoner user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 08, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=space>sweden_man wrote:

Does anyone else remember the old days when people could ask questions, whether they were stupid or not, without people reprimanding them just because they consider themselves superior, even though the idea of the board is so that you can have your questions answered no matter how stupid they are? (Sarcasm) Man, we must have been idiots back then, huh? (\Sarcasm)


I agree with you but there are alot of people on here, and on message boards across the internet, who are *pseudo-sophisticates* -- people who think they are wiser than anyone else and get a high, almost like what I imagine 'ecstasy' would feel like, by cutting everyone else down. It gives them a real boost to their ego. Although in real life I would imagine they simply don't get enough attention.
We all have a little stupidity in us. It's better to act stupid and get all that craziness out on Queenzone and save the 'brainy intellectual' stuff for real life.
Like me, for instance. I'm an ace speller, I excel in grammar and punctuation -- and I have a pretty big build up of words in my vocabulary.
Occasionally I just want to satisfy my inner retard. Sometimes this can only be accomplished by missing a few periods ( *blush*)leaving out a couple of commas and replacing them with asteroids, and making statements that make no sense.