Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Are there any music videos of "Queen" that you find kind of creepy???

forum rss feed
Author

Barbie Jupiter user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 162 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guys I'm really sorry but i can't help!!! Some of their videos made me really... shiver..XD
What about you?
You know, i really LOVE song "Love kills", but the video to this song partially disgusted me to the song, though i really just adore it!
Some of elements of "Radio Ga Ga" are really creepy, too(that crazy guy-scientist or sth, for ex.).

Ah, when i've watched video to "Seaside Rendezvous" it kind of freaked me out, too! I donnow, there's just sth weird in the video.

Totally opposite thing happened with "I'm going slightly mad", it is meant to be kind of creepy, but even if it is, I LOVE IT!!!!

So mates what about you?

StoneColdClassicQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen
Bohemian: 775 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think there was even a video for Seaside Rendezvous. None of the Queen creep me out.

"When you make love to someone, use a condom."-Brian May

Paul Rodgers is Chuck Norris.
Miss Multiples aka colfarrell1 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miss Multiples aka colfarrell1
Bohemian: 411 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

StoneColdClassicQueen wrote:

I don't think there was even a video for Seaside Rendezvous. None of the Queen creep me out.

On the ANATO-30th Anniversary dvd,there is a video of Seaside Rendezvous..

I don't see why it's creepy though..

I love you,Beata!
david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes.but not music.john trying to speak to a kid next to the river.now that was creepy.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

galashiels wrote:

yes.but not music.john trying to speak to a kid next to the river.now that was creepy.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DXfD-wFY0dQ

If you're talking to this snippet from Budapest, I agree. :P

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Jazz 78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Calling All Girls was creepy to me when I first saw it aired on MTV in '82. Then it got even worse when we were subjected to It's A Hard Life in '84.

Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Both Radio GaGa and Love Kills use footage from the 1928 movie "Metropolis". It's meant to be a bit creepy.

I always thought there was a certain darkness about the video for Innuendo. The whole theatre where it takes place is a bit spooky.

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

galashiels wrote:

Creepy, yes.

Also cute.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aghhh you bitchy boys!!! Always teasing
Wahh
Fireplace, thank you for information!! That's a pretty OOooold movie, wah! Now it's clear why it looks so creepy!... Ohhhh when i saw the clip, i couldn't listen to the song for some time:S

Ohh now watched "Calling all girls", all band appears in the vid and they all look REALLY GREAAAT!! So handsome:]
Does it have any "hidden" meanings? Can you explain?

Fireplace, yeah i agree "Innuendo" is bit spooky too... But i can stand it. You know i mean not that i don't like it, but i think it's really...ehh.. very unique, there are no other like "Queen", you need to be kinda sophisticated too to receive some of their videos well.

OHhh that video with John in Budapest is very sweet!! I love to hear JOHn speaking. He is the cutest member of "Queen"XD

Jazz78, are you serious about "It's a hard life"?..

Nevermind user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 102 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I always find these are the days of our lives creepy prob cos Freddie looked so ill. I think that was becuase I found it creepy as a child and I didn't understand the reason then.

Me and JJ have decided. Roger Taylor's nipples are hot! http://bebo.com/NeVeRmInD1991 <---- Moi

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ohh, Nevermind, i feel sorry for you!!:S I believe it might touch you in childhood!
I saw it quite recently, about year ago, it frightened me, but fortunately i understood why he looks like that. I was really shocked, i just couldn't recognise Freddie, his moves are sooo sooo slow there(in comparison..), and himself is SO Sooo tiny(real skeleton) and exhausted there, yeah.. But now i'm used to it and i very like the video. "These are the days of our lives" is perhaps only "Queen" song so far that i'm not bored of at all!!! I listen to it every dayXD

EdFredrick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fireplace wrote:

Both Radio GaGa and Love Kills use footage from the 1928 movie "Metropolis". It's meant to be a bit creepy.

I always thought there was a certain darkness about the video for Innuendo. The whole theatre where it takes place is a bit spooky.

I've never seen a "Love Kills" video. Was it specialy made with Freddie or was it just clip from things?

saltnvinegar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 312 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'I'm going Slightly Mad' is definitely a little spooky but that was its intention, I'm sure. I also don't really like Freddie's hair, outfits and make-up for Bohemian Rhapsody when he's at the piano, the others are ok. The 'galileo' section is easier on the eyes but it's not a video I watch too much. Visually, I prefer the live versions.

Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I confess to being creeped out by all of those last videos...I find it difficult to see Freddie in such poor condition.

saltnvinegar wrote:

'I'm going Slightly Mad' is definitely a little spooky but that was its intention, I'm sure. I also don't really like Freddie's hair, outfits and make-up for Bohemian Rhapsody when he's at the piano, the others are ok. The 'galileo' section is easier on the eyes but it's not a video I watch too much. Visually, I prefer the live versions.

It is all random
coops user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 08, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anytime freddie wore tights and a ballet costume was creepy

Stoner user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 256 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 08, 05:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only video that freaked me out from Queen was "Im going slightly mad". That video is more than slightly bad. I HATE Freddie in that corpse makeup. It doesn't even look like him. That's the sickest video from Queen that I saw.
All the rest of their videos, I love. Except for "I want to break free." I kind of hate that one, but it's not as bad as "Slightly mad."

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 08, 05:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The creepiest bit is at the end of Headlong when it freeze-frames on Freddie's spooky face.
My nephew was watching that bit in horror and I grabbed him from behind and shouted "THE FUCKING GHOST IS HERE TO GET YOU!!!" and he ran for his mummy.
Yep. Scariest bit by far, is when the ghost of Freddie Mercury is looking at you with his tongue hanging out.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 08, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stoner wrote:

I HATE Freddie in that corpse makeup.

I got news for you; that isn't corpse makeup. They made that video after he died. They strung him up like a puppet.

The funniest thing is, they had the same technology devised for the Traveling Wilburys video of "End of the Line", so that Roy Orbison could join the band on screen. Unfortunately his widow vetoed the idea and it's a great pity. Would've been good to see the Big O do one last jig.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 07 Jan 08, 06:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't like Freddie in any kind of makeup. And I don't like the mustache. I love him with long hair and NO makeup. His eyes are too beautiful anyway, so with eyeliner it just makes his eyes look sexy but too overpowering. I also love him with short hair and NO mustache. Like in the "Save Me" video. That is my most favorite video, because he looks so masculine and healthy and sweet in that video. :)

Posted: 07 Jan 08, 06:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Stoner wrote:

I HATE Freddie in that corpse makeup.

I got news for you; that isn't corpse makeup. They made that video after he died. They strung him up like a puppet.

Well, if Freddie was dead in that video, then I guess that makes it corpse makeup. The kind they put on corpses. I don't care what you call it. I hate the video.