Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Say It´s Not True - Fantastic Chart Success

forum rss feed
Author

rmp user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 26 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 02:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi, I´m very pleased to announce a fantastic no. 82 at the German single charts!

Be careful! Sarcasm!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 06:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rmp wrote:

Hi, I´m very pleased to announce a fantastic no. 82 at the German single charts!

Be careful! Sarcasm!

Yeah, pathetic isn't it!
By the way, I didn't happen to catch where your single is at currently. Exactly how much further up are you?

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 07:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

rmp wrote:

Be careful! Sarcasm!

Yeah, pathetic isn't it!
By the way, I didn't happen to catch where your single is at currently. Exactly how much further up are you?

he's further up his own bottom ;-)

go deo na hÉireann
rmp user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 26 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very nice! This website should called www.superclowns.com!!

Danne user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why do we even care? Why do we judge music by how many buyers there are? Most of the music I listen to nowadays doesn't chart! Does that make it inferior music? No, it just means it doesn't appeal to quite as many as some other music...

We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 11:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Danne wrote:

Why do we even care? Why do we judge music by how many buyers there are? Most of the music I listen to nowadays doesn't chart! Does that make it inferior music? No, it just means it doesn't appeal to quite as many as some other music...

Exactly! As a matter of fact, the Queenonline web site had 100,000 downloads over 1 weekend. That's why it has been released as a single!

So many hits for a free download I suppose.

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Danne wrote:

Not to mention the charts are filled with crap...

When people like Akon, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake hit a certain chart, I don't this this chart counts at all as an efficient way to estimate a song's quality.

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rmp wrote:

Be careful! Sarcasm!

It was given away, for free, for four weeks before it was commercially released. Anybody expecting it to top the charts a month after it was given away was retarded - or grinding an axe.

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another reason why it wont sell much is that this generation is brainwashed into listening to talentless crap. They are used to garbage songs from britney spears etc so this wont appeal to most.

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Stop this noise!
Raf

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Another reason why it wont sell much is that this generation is brainwashed into listening to talentless crap. They are used to garbage songs from britney spears etc so this wont appeal to most.

For once I have to agree with TM. :)

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Danne wrote:

you should care...for one simple reason....when bands "repeatedly" fail to chart, record companies don't renew contracts, then bands no longer make music

go deo na hÉireann
fantasticcircus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think also, another factor is that this, is just the single and there is no album to back it up at this time. Plus the fact that the single isn't released in the US. I think that once the new album comes out that it will chart higher. It won't be #1, but like you guys said, unless it's rap or something like that, it won't be. I would imagine that it will do about as well as The Who's Endless Wire album, which I think got up to #8 or so... which isn't bad at all for an act that has has a few personel changes. :)

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Like Queen are going to be dumped by EMI. The DVD's Queen released have all sold really well, the Platinum Collection still does well around the world etc. Queen made/make a lot of money for EMI/Parlophone - they won't get dumped if they're not in the charts with their new music. EMI will just release another quick cash-in: Queen #1's or something similar compiling the best of the 3 GH albums.

Stop this noise!
Raf

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

EMI will just release another quick cash-in: Queen #1's or something similar compiling the best of the 3 GH albums.

That's pretty much what was done here in Brazil to remind us that Queen exists... Except it's the best of the 2 GH albums

vadenuez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 263 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gimme a break and please don't play the "I don't give a damn about charts" card.... If SINT would've been a sold out single, we'd have a hundred threads praising its high chart position.

Stop this noise!
Raf

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

vadenuez wrote:

Gimme a break and please don't play the "I don't give a damn about charts" card.... If SINT would've been a sold out single, we'd have a hundred threads praising its high chart position.

Selling out doesn't mean it's good, but it's always a good reason to celebrate when the music you like is high on the charts, because then it gets more airplay, the artists get more attention, etc.

Bohemian Rhapsody would be brilliant even if it hadn't been released as a single. March Of The Black Queen and The Prophet's Song are. But it was it's incredible chart success that made a certain pretty new band with some success in the UK get their "worldwide legend" status.

vadenuez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 263 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually I can't agree with you more. It's simply that for a fact, everyone bashes the things that are against their tastes, yet they happily praise it if they are fully in agreement. In the end, isn't it a little what we all do in a forum like this?

That's the human nature I think ;-)

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

Like Queen are going to be dumped by EMI. The DVD's Queen released have all sold really well, the Platinum Collection still does well around the world etc. Queen made/make a lot of money for EMI/Parlophone - they won't get dumped if they're not in the charts with their new music. EMI will just release another quick cash-in: Queen #1's or something similar compiling the best of the 3 GH albums.

then again this band is NOT Queen.

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That song is so lame.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

kenny8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 150 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 08, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Material by Queen WITH Freddie still sells.

If anything it says the record buying public aren't interested in this cynical exercise.

Part of Queen's undeniable legacy was their phenomenal success. Now that is beyond them without their most celebrated member it's churlish to try and suggest the charts today are filled with crap. They have always been filled with crap. Queen rose above that through sheer power of their songs.

The magic is over.