Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Cutts and overdubbs in Queenconcerts

forum rss feed
Author

BradJarre user not visiting Queenzone.com
BradJarre
Royalty: 1086 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 08, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Heey,This might be an stupid Question but in wich concerts did you heared overdubbs or wich concert is so badly cut that you shouldnt watch it?

And on wich bootleg or concert does freddie sound the best and on wich one the worst?

IF ANY ONE WANTS MY MSN ITS TOPGEAR1990@HOTMAIL.COM

I love cool edit pro.

Working on a tribute cd and need some input for songs from you:D

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 08, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

innuendo1990 wrote:

Heey,This might be an stupid Question but in wich concerts did you heared overdubbs or wich concert is so badly cut that you shouldnt watch it?

And on wich bootleg or concert does freddie sound the best and on wich one the worst?

As the answer to this question is subjectively (and not factually) based - the only way to discover this sort of information - is to listen first, then make your own personal choices later.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Freddie May user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 08, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And wicho of your post is the most stupid Innuendo1990 ?

BradJarre

Posted: 23 Jan 08, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That must have been a while ago when i said that i was gonna leave you(you ecpect that i responded back did you?)

I love cool edit pro.

Roger Meadows Tailor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 330 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 08, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

innuendo1990 wrote:

They never did any overdubs on any of their official live releases.

Best Freddie performance.Close between Command Performance,Houston 77 and Knebworth 86.
Cant think of a bad performance.

Memories my memories

How long can you stay

to haunt my days.
earwig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 273 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 08, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You've obviously never heard One Vision off Live Magic then?! Put some headphones on and listen to Brian...

Dead Daddy Long-legs. I'm still drinking it.
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 08, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

innuendo1990 wrote:

Which sentence is so badly writ that you couldn't read it?

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 08, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger Meadows Tailor wrote:

Don't spread bullshit. Either you're trying to be funny or you have no idea what you're talking about; in either case, stop it!! There are nitwits out there who will read your post and actually believe it.

Compare the two versions of "One Vision" from the 2nd night at Wembley; the version off of the radio, and the one you have on your DVD. Very noticable differences. Fumbled notes by Brian were replaced, and some high notes from Freddie were added in later.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 08, 23:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Don't spread bullshit. Either you're trying to be funny or you have no idea what you're talking about; in either case, stop it!! There are nitwits out there who will read your post and actually believe it.

Compare the two versions of "One Vision" from the 2nd night at Wembley; the version off of the radio, and the one you have on your DVD. Very noticable differences. Fumbled notes by Brian were replaced, and some high notes from Freddie were added in later.

Stop attacking the newbies. Just because they're ignorant doesn't mean that someone more informed should feel obligated to correct them.

The truth is, the version of One Vision on the radio broadcast was overdubbed with poorer vocals and guitar parts from the soundcheck.

;)

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
bobo the chimp

Posted: 24 Jan 08, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

Stop attacking the newbies. Just because they're ignorant doesn't mean that someone more informed should feel obligated to correct them.

The truth is, the version of One Vision on the radio broadcast was overdubbed with poorer vocals and guitar parts from the soundcheck.

;)

You're absolutely right,
what I meant to say was ; The whole show was mimed anyway!
:P

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Roger Meadows Tailor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 330 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 08, 02:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

So you can spot sarcasism.Clever you!!!

Actually. there's quite a few instances where they've overdubbed.Live Aid and Milton Keynes to name but a few

Memories my memories

How long can you stay

to haunt my days.
bobo the chimp

Posted: 24 Jan 08, 09:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sarcasm isn't safe on Queenzone. What if innuendo1990 reads this thread? He'll think every concert release is as it was on the big day!

Champipple user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 245 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 08, 10:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Rainbow concert seems heavily overdubbed to me.

Live Killers apparrently doesn't have overdubs, but was hacked from so many shows (even within the same song) that it's a frankenstien's monster.

BradJarre

Posted: 24 Jan 08, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The rainbow concert was indeed almost 50%re-recorded in the studio,And has got millions of cuts in it.

I love cool edit pro.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 24 Jan 08, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, you only have to watch In The Lap of the Gods to know that the Rainbow video is hardly a verbatim representation of the night...

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 08, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should have held Freddie's false note in Fat Bottomed Girls on the MK DVD. I dunno, I just love that note.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 08, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

innuendo1990 wrote:

The rainbow concert was indeed almost 50%re-recorded in the studio

On what grounds are you making such a bold statement?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
ezee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 56 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 08, 12:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Technicaly speaking the Rainbow gig wasnt "re-recorded" in so much as the band going into the studio and overdubbing vocals and what-not SirGH.... but backing vocals and FX from the Album multitracks were added / spun / flown in or overdubbed on to the concert itself. From what ive heard and read, this was not Queens decision to do so .. it was done by "Trident" (?) who own'd the rights to the film and their material at the time.
e.

Harry_queenrecordings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Harry_queenrecordings
Bohemian: 594 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 08, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All those overdubs, editings and mixing etc on official releases is one of the reasons I like audience recordings so much ;-)

It's A Beautiful Day...

http://www.queenrecordings.com
BradJarre

Posted: 25 Jan 08, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah i love audience recordings:D
By the way im downloading Queen live at paris the QTV version,How many cutts does it have?,ANd are they easy to see?

I love cool edit pro.