Author

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?thewiz&1%20target=

*EDIT* Copy and paste the address, as I don't think Queenzone is making it a proper link.

Yeah, that site is owned by the Westboro Baptist Church.

If you have some free time, you might find it amusing to actually message them and say some truths:
http://www.godhatesfags.com/contact.html

I know this is silly, but I was actually laughing while I asked them if they need homosexualism to be banned because they're afraid of feeling tempted to experiment it.

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Those people are sick. No life at all, no brain....what a pity. I've send mail to them xD

Einstein was right; "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity."

I'm sick of all my kicks.
Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a shame that these people breed, and breed that hatred into their children....

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's the problem? I'm sure god is a non-smoker

@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think there's a counter-website at http://www.godlovesfags.com

Unfortunately, i think that's the most effective way of protesting against their website.

They're insane.....i never heard of them until watching Louis Theroux's documentary, i was shocked to say the least!

Crazy Little Thing Called Love....
rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love WBC.
They are so insane, it makes me laugh.
xD

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I WILL SHOVE A ROCKET UP THEIR SONS ASSES.

Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A) Legally censoring these people would be an immoral abuse of justice.

B) The website is their own private property. It would also be a miscarriage of justice to dictate what can and cannot be done with their property, as long as it does not infringe upon the rights of others. In this case, it does not.

C) Internet petitions are stupid and have never done anything in the entire history of their existence.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Lady Nyx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1172 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

really what needs to be done, is to punish the child who is throwing a tantrum, and put them in the corner until they shut up, by jus ignoring them.

those people dont even know what theyre standing for anyway, theyre walking contradictions, and really, they should be laughed at more than anything, instead of us 'firing back the hate' cuz really...how would that make the rest of us better? if im not clear enough, i listen to shows taht invite her on, and theyll make fun of her and put her down and tell her shes terrible...where is that getting us?
understandable to call them names and be passionatly against them. i am too. they are hate enablers, technically against themselves. but shes just someone who stands in her yard (that yard being america) and just shouts at it, not with it. she and her stupid little family are the only ones who really agree, and its due to her father, who probably brainwashed her. shes just following an example she was enstilled, and really is just a parrot (from what i understand). so she doesnt know what shes talking about, and has nothing to back her up.

this cycle should be broken by not even letting them have the chance to show up as a protest (there needs to be a clause on the spread of hatred and the level of tactfulness done). i know people would say 'that would be against our rights' and technically, yes it would be to condemn them of their right of free speech and such. but people like these, who spread hatred and pain are a distress are crimes against humanity in its own right.

sorry im ranting. really i just think people should ignore them. they might cry louder, but they just shouldnt even have the time of day to voice themselves (which they really arent, they arent trying to make things work, they talk at you, not with you, so they lose). they, like children will get tired from their tantrums and will fall asleep, eventually unnoticed, and life can go on. the more we fight them, the more we feed an unessesary beast.

"why pay the visit when the visit is free?"
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lady Nyx wrote:

really i just think people should ignore them. they might cry louder, but they just shouldnt even have the time of day to voice themselves (which they really arent, they arent trying to make things work, they talk at you, not with you, so they lose). they, like children will get tired from their tantrums and will fall asleep, eventually unnoticed, and life can go on. the more we fight them, the more we feed an unessesary beast.

In a perfect world...

...the media wouldn't send to press the plans of this group to picket funerals or memorials

...the media wouldn't give these people air time - how would we know about them in the first place if not for the media?

...the public wouldn't feed into the media frenzy and discuss these people, thereby giving them more power than they actually have

...funeral homes, cemetaries and such, would have their own crew of paid or volunteer 'shields' to protect grieving families from the taunts of these idiots

In a perfect world, these people wouldn't be talked about outside of their own family, and perhaps they would indeed just fade away. But we don't live in a perfect world and so they'll continue to gain fame through fanaticism and we'll continue to shake our heads in disgust as we (definitely myself included) go on to read more and more about them.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

Lady Nyx wrote:

really i just think people should ignore them. they might cry louder, but they just shouldnt even have the time of day to voice themselves (which they really arent, they arent trying to make things work, they talk at you, not with you, so they lose). they, like children will get tired from their tantrums and will fall asleep, eventually unnoticed, and life can go on. the more we fight them, the more we feed an unessesary beast.

In a perfect world...

...the media wouldn't send to press the plans of this group to picket funerals or memorials

...the media wouldn't give these people air time - how would we know about them in the first place if not for the media?

...the public wouldn't feed into the media frenzy and discuss these people, thereby giving them more power than they actually have

...funeral homes, cemetaries and such, would have their own crew of paid or volunteer 'shields' to protect grieving families from the taunts of these idiots

In a perfect world, these people wouldn't be talked about outside of their own family, and perhaps they would indeed just fade away. But we don't live in a perfect world and so they'll continue to gain fame through fanaticism and we'll continue to shake our heads in disgust as we (definitely myself included) go on to read more and more about them.

well, it continues my strong distaste for the media. as you said, the only thing it does good is it warns people about this group.

what im curious about is, how do they know these people who have passed are 'gay' or whatever it is they hate this week? (note taht im talking about pre-heath legdger). did they go thru people who have died recently and searched for their orientation or make assumptions?

eventually these people will die out anyway. in the meantime we can growl about them all we want, but i still think now that people are aware of them, it (as you said in a perfect world) just stop being perpetuated.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pass the URL onto 4chan. They're doing such a good job of making a laughing stock of Scientology, it seems they're the only one with balls enough to take up this kind of thing.

Forget your petition. Online petitions are useless.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
StoneColdClassicQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen
Bohemian: 775 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone should send this to Brian May... I would love to see that rant!! Hmm.. maybe I should him the story of the church picketing Heath Ledger's funeral..

"When you make love to someone, use a condom."-Brian May

Paul Rodgers is Chuck Norris.
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 22:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Or, I could call up my homeboy, Chuck Norris!! One roundhouse kick will straighten things out!

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lady Nyx wrote:

what im curious about is, how do they know these people who have passed are 'gay' or whatever it is they hate this week? (note taht im talking about pre-heath legdger). did they go thru people who have died recently and searched for their orientation or make assumptions?

That's one of the pathetic things about this group. It's not that they believe or care whether the person who died was gay, but that AMERICA tolerates gays in its society and military. That's what they're against. It's because of that "sin" that they picket military funerals, and other funerals, that they feel are the results of a "raging mad god's wrath".

Where Heath Ledger's memorials are concerned, the fact that HE played a gay character in a movie disgusts them, but that the film was so successful proves to them that American - and the world - is unrepentant. And so, in their view, god's punishment has now come in the form of Heath Ledger's death.

They're just sick and disgusting people.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen

Posted: 26 Jan 08, 23:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just added a signature (lizvette), sent this story to my old schoolteacher whom I've known since I was 4 (she likes protesting too!), and I sent it to Brian May!!!! Long live gays!!! This touches me deeply because I have a gay friend, have known gay people throughout my life, I love Freddie Mercury, and I happen to like a couple of gay celebrities! (love Ellen DeGeneres' fashion sense!!!) It just irritates me so much that these people are evil enough to hate people just because of their sexual oriention!!! It's not like they're doing anything bad! They are free to live! >:/ I am just so pissed off!!

Posted: 27 Jan 08, 00:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

Lady Nyx wrote:

That's one of the pathetic things about this group. It's not that they believe or care whether the person who died was gay, but that AMERICA tolerates gays in its society and military. That's what they're against. It's because of that "sin" that they picket military funerals, and other funerals, that they feel are the results of a "raging mad god's wrath".

Where Heath Ledger's memorials are concerned, the fact that HE played a gay character in a movie disgusts them, but that the film was so successful proves to them that American - and the world - is unrepentant. And so, in their view, god's punishment has now come in the form of Heath Ledger's death.

They're just sick and disgusting people.

they are, but they also have their views mixed up so in a way, its comical. it still doesnt mean its right for them to impose their beliefs on grieving people, regardless of their orientation. it mostly proves they are tactless and selfish people believing that their beliefs are the only ones.

all someone has to say to her to shut her up (or fully deny it, either way it would be great) is to say that if God is somehow 'on their side' its not her place to judge, but His. what can she say to that? technically shes sending herself to hell anyway with all her contradictions. i dont think she knows if shes trying to save or condemn people anymore. someone needs to call her out on every contradiction.

i dunno, its what i would do.

its sad how someons insecurity can be inflated so badly as hers huh?

Posted: 27 Jan 08, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Pass the URL onto 4chan. They're doing such a good job of making a laughing stock of Scientology, it seems they're the only one with balls enough to take up this kind of thing.

Forget your petition. Online petitions are useless.

How does anything even relevant to 4chan require any form of "balls?" Unless, of course, by "balls" you mean "immense quantities of immaturity and stupidity."

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 08, 02:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=666600><b>Music Man wrote:

A) Legally censoring these people would be an immoral abuse of justice.

Nonsense. The line of "free speech" must be drawn somewhere... perhaps at *hate*? If this group was after black people instead of gay people, would they be granted the same right to free speech?

The more press and attention these people get, the more they will feel that their "message" is getting across. But the bottom line is (and history has proven): when any prejudice comes into question, the prejudice will eventually die.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 27 Jan 08, 03:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Nonsense. The line of "free speech" must be drawn somewhere... perhaps at *hate*? If this group was after black people instead of gay people, would they be granted the same right to free speech?

Freedom of expression must extend to all forms of expression that do not infringe upon the rights of others. There will always be speech that we do not want to hear, however, we do not have the right to not be offended. So yes, I truly hope that regardless of whom this group was after (blacks, homosexuals, Queen fans), that they should have every last one of their rights protected.

Additionally, hate speech is nearly impossible to define. Who should be protected? Who should be excluded from this bubble of protection? What are the potential ramifications of this protection?

Suggesting there should be limits to free speech is very dangerous, no matter how reasonable it seems, or no matter how many people may agree with you. It is the most basic - dare I say, the most important - freedom we have, and I'm surprised that you and Raf hold that opinion, although I respect and understand it.

To me, this issue is as close to black and white as it gets. I could write pages on it, and we could delve deep into freedom of expression. Perhaps later one or both of you will have reconsidered - but if not, I welcome a discussion on the issue.