Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Announced as torrent: Wembley Arena 08-12-80 (Flash Alive LP)

forum rss feed
Author

rg9l user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 338 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As promised, here's the torrent for everyone who aren't able to download from DimeADozen.

Original comments:

Dear Queenies,

For those of you on Dime, I just uploaded this. Give me some time and I will try to upload it here also. I'm new to all this shit so bear with me. I hope it's worth the effort and people can enjoy this superb recording.

Cheers,

Keith.

QUEEN - FLASH ALIVE (Wembley Arena, 8th December, 1980) - Transfer From Japanese Double LP

This has always been my favourite Queen bootleg. A great performance and lots of power, particularly showcasing Brian May's fantastic guitar sound. I saw Queen a lot when I was younger and there's not many that can match their production. A good friend of mine had this LP when we were at school. Such is the volume, we once trashed my speakers whilst listening to the 'Overture' at full tilt. My friend later sold his copy which is something he has always regretted. I hung on to my taped copy for years before deciding to track down the original LP myself; not an easy feat as it is now extremely rare and expensive (I paid £200 for it a couple of years ago). Although it is a very good copy, I had it professionally cleaned before transferring it to my PC. I'm afraid that my technical skills are lacking in this area and I simply used a USB turntable and Audacity. However, I think it's turned out well and IMO, it's a lot better than the recent 'Standing On The Arena' CD bootleg release. This is my first donation and as such, I hope I'm doing everything correctly. I didn't attempt to remove all the vinyl clicks as; a. I didn't want to mess with the recording too much and b. I wanted to hear the odd snap crackle and pop for old times sake. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Check out BM's guitar towards the end of Fat Bottomed Girls. There's a brief pause before it kicks back in with the beat. What a beautiful sound!

QUEEN - FLASH ALIVE (Wembley Arena, 8th December, 1980) - Transfer From Japanese Double LP

This has always been my favourite Queen bootleg. A great performance and lots of power, particularly showcasing Brian May's fantastic guitar sound. I would urge anybody who isn't familiar with this bootleg to give it a few spins. After a while, it becomes a complete monster. I saw Queen a lot when I was younger and there's not many that can match their production. A good friend of mine had this LP when we were at school. Such is the volume, we once trashed my speakers whilst listening to the 'Overture' at full tilt. My friend later sold his copy which is something he has always regretted. I hung on to my taped copy for years before deciding to track down the original LP myself; not an easy feat as it is now extremely rare and expensive (I paid £200 for it a couple of years ago). Although it is a very good copy, I had it professionally cleaned before transferring it to my PC. I'm afraid that my technical skills are lacking in this area and I simply used a USB turntable and Audacity. However, I think it's turned out well and IMO, it's a lot better than the recent 'Standing On The Arena' CD bootleg release. This is my first donation and as such, I hope I'm doing everything correctly. I didn't attempt to remove all the vinyl clicks as; a. I didn't want to mess with the recording too much and b. I wanted to hear the odd snap crackle and pop for old times sake. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Note the unusual order of the numbers at the end of the gig and check out BM's guitar towards the end of Fat Bottomed Girls (4:47). There's a brief pause before it kicks back in with the beat. What a beautiful sound! The vocals and guitar solo on Save Me are just heart-wrenching and listen to the crowd as BM steps to the front and delivers the solo in Play The Game. Vintage BM Bends! I also like the reference to the 'Royal Family' just prior to Bo Rap. Motherf*ckers!

Finally, I would like to tip my hat to the original taper; the origins of this recording ha

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: Flash Alive.torrent 15 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 746 time(s).

http://paulvsgodzilla.googlepages.com my trading-site !

Ginger01 is a Goddess between us.

Razz card, gill? Ciao!
daffy_the_duck user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks a lot Riccardo, and thanks to Keith for the original upload!

on my way up user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

daffy_the_duck wrote:

thanks a lot Riccardo, and thanks to Keith for the original upload!
Yes indeed, I agree!:-)

on my way up
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks a lot for this one

victor fleitas user not visiting Queenzone.com
victor fleitas
Bohemian: 209 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

can anyone upload this on mediafire please?

coops user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't usually download the boots but I will this one. I was at this show.

Thanks very much.

Cygnus X-1 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cygnus X-1
Bohemian: 498 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wow, thanks for this! Original Vinyl, cleaned up..that's heaven for an audiophile :-)))
Great share, thanks again!!

Leonardo Venegas user not visiting Queenzone.com
Leonardo Venegas
Bohemian: 626 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great stuff!
I'm seeding right now, but as it happens lately I can't get any connections to any peer!
I see 2 seeders and 12 leechers!

Please will you direct me in the right way?
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cygnus X-1 wrote:

wow, thanks for this! Original Vinyl, cleaned up..that's heaven for an audiophile :-)))

Amen!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Ginger01 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2611 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Riccardo for torrenting this and Keith for sharing it in the first place (and for those great comments!). I'll help seed :)

rg9l user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 338 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

coops wrote:

I was at this show.

Lucky you! :D
Wanna tell us how was the concert or on queenconcerts.com?
Best regards, Riccardo

p.s.:it's the first time Ginger is downloading from me! Hurrah!

http://paulvsgodzilla.googlepages.com my trading-site !

Ginger01 is a Goddess between us.

Razz card, gill? Ciao!
GtKngRat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 207 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seeding also !

Where will I be tomorrow?

Will I beg will I borrow?
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cygnus X-1 wrote:

Great share, thanks again!!

You're totally right...!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Beautiful stuff. This is one of the best Queen live recordings, and it'll be treasured for years to come.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for sharing. I really love the Game 1980 tour. Freddie Mercury was on fire during this period.

Take care

EdFredrick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks very very much for this one! I can't wait to hear this show!!

thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Minor historical note: this is the show played the night that John Lennon was killed. The following evening, the band played "Imagine" as a tribute to him.

Great share, and a great quality recording. Thanks again!

"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for this.

Could someone share in mediafire or perhaps Rapidshare please?

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Rami user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 918 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 06:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much!!

queentel user not visiting Queenzone.com
I dont like Queen + PR

Bohemian: 266 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any chance of a seed this weekend?

Thefairytellersmasterstroke