Forums > Personal > Unmissable guitar solos -- Brian May, Slash, Clapton etc

forum rss feed
Author

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Feb 08, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is dedicated to all the great guitarists out there. Keep the faith and enjoy.

Ozzie helps Jake E. Lee keep time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqtk6kKTlDM

Clapton shreds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCzUMjCykn8

Slash shreds and does birdie impressions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEwIRZ9pLCM&feature=related

Eddie Van halen raises the bar again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXbCt_1mrak

Brian May, the total professional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vdzp8yX3kM


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Obviously some very talented guitarists here on Queenzone :P


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 17:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome, a bunch of fake videos. And a bunch of youtubers buying that crap.


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

Awesome, a bunch of fake videos. And a bunch of youtubers buying that crap.


There are, indeed, many many stupid people in the world, and quite a few of them are on here...


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The good thing is that if you wanna make one of those videos of Jimmy Page, you don't really have to overdub anything.

;)


CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

The good thing is that if you wanna make one of those videos of Jimmy Page, you don't really have to overdub anything.

;)


Why must you criticize any guitarist who doesn't play a million notes a minute perfectly cleanly? Maybe it's about time you started growing as a musician and realized that technical ability isn't what it's all about. Chet Atkins is a legend for his technical ability and versatility, but Johnny Cash is a legend too.

I'll take Achilles Last Stand over For The Love Of God any day of the week and twice on Sunday.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some people think of the guitar as a game, whereas others think of the guitar as an instrument. It's a shame, because one will never amount to much as a musician until he embraces the latter.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=666600><b>Music Man wrote:

Some people think of the guitar as a game, whereas others think of the guitar as an instrument. It's a shame, because one will never amount to much as a musician until he embraces the latter.

Very well put. I couldn't care less about how hard a song is, as long as it sounds good to me.


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

The good thing is that if you wanna make one of those videos of Jimmy Page, you don't really have to overdub anything.

;)


Why must you criticize any guitarist who doesn't play a million notes a minute perfectly cleanly? Maybe it's about time you started growing as a musician and realized that technical ability isn't what it's all about. Chet Atkins is a legend for his technical ability and versatility, but Johnny Cash is a legend too.

I'll take Achilles Last Stand over For The Love Of God any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
I must criticize any guitarist who doesn't play clean at all, Jimmy Page is the personitifation of mediocrity.

Slow of fast is the same, it doesn't matter the speed. The point is playing correctly, and "correctly" and "Jimmy Page" aren't things you put together in a sentence.

So, according to you, if crappy musicians can be legengs too and deserve respect for that... then bad musicians don't exist. You can't argue with me because as we're all the same, you can't be right. We'd be ALL wrong.

So next time someone says "JOHNNY RAMONE IS A BETTER SINGER THAN IAN GILLIAN" you must say "YES, SIR", for fuckwits can be legens too, so you can't argue.

And you shouldn't be replying to me either, as I'd be right and wrong at the same time, just like you.

By replying to me, you're contradicting yourself.


Don't get philosophical with me, okay?

PS: You'll take led zep over Steve Vai just because you're a moron that obviously can't tell holy perfection from CRAP.

:)


CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 19:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=666600><b>Music Man wrote:

Some people think of the guitar as a game, whereas others think of the guitar as an instrument. It's a shame, because one will never amount to much as a musician until he embraces the latter.

That's true.


Jimmy Page:
"I'm not a guitarist as far as technician goes."


Steve Vai:
"I used to practice up to six hours a day."


See? Who does really care about being a good guitarist and who is an idiot? Who plays flawlessly and who is lucky when he actually plays something right?


CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


I must criticize any guitarist who doesn't play clean at all, Jimmy Page is the personitifation of mediocrity.

Why?


Slow of fast is the same, it doesn't matter the speed. The point is playing correctly, and "correctly" and "Jimmy Page" aren't things you put together in a sentence.

How can YOU tell whether he's playing HIS songs correctly on record or not?

And before you come up with all the theory bullshit - how can he be "wrong" yet lots of people still love his work? It may sound bad to YOU, but that's simply your personal opinion.

Music isn't a competition to see who's faster or more accurate, music is about putting good sounds together, and Page did that much better than many people who think they just need to learn how to play two-hand tapping at 240bpm.

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

So, according to you, if crappy musicians can be legengs too and deserve respect for that... then bad musicians don't exist. You can't argue with me because as we're all the same, you can't be right. We'd be ALL wrong.

If you think "crappy" means "who doesn't use lots of different technique" and "good" means "very technical", then I think YOU are mediocre.

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


So next time someone says "JOHNNY RAMONE IS A BETTER SINGER THAN IAN GILLIAN" you must say "YES, SIR", for fuckwits can be legens too, so you can't argue.

Johnny Ramone never needed to prove he could sing - he was a guitarist.


<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

PS: You'll take led zep over Steve Vai just because you're a moron that obviously can't tell holy perfection from CRAP.

:)

Stupidest remark I've heard in ages. You surprise me sometimes.


Jimmy Page:
"I'm not a guitarist as far as technician goes."


Steve Vai:
"I used to practice up to six hours a day."


See? Who does really care about being a good guitarist and who is an idiot? Who plays flawlessly and who is lucky when he actually plays something right?

I take back what I said a minute ago. THIS is the stupidest remark.

You are underrating music. It takes much more (or "much less", depending on the point of view) than advanced techniques to make good music. You can practice 10 hours a day for 5 years, and you'll end up getting accuracy. Just like any teenager who spends days and nights on MSN ends up becoming a good typer at some point. But creativity to make excellent music and influence several generations of new guitarists DEFINITELY won't come from sitting on your bed and playing "1-3-4" exercises.




We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


I must criticize any guitarist who doesn't play clean at all, Jimmy Page is the personification of mediocrity.

Why?

Because I like doing it :-P

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


Slow of fast is the same, it doesn't matter the speed. The point is playing correctly, and "correctly" and "Jimmy Page" aren't things you put together in a sentence.

How can YOU tell whether he's playing HIS songs correctly on record or not?

And before you come up with all the theory bullshit - how can he be "wrong" yet lots of people still love his work? It may sound bad to YOU, but that's simply your personal opinion.

Music isn't a competition to see who's faster or more accurate, music is about putting good sounds together, and Page did that much better than many people who think they just need to learn how to play two-hand tapping at 240bpm.

Ok, then Page's playing is based on sounding just like crap. He does a hell of a job!


<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

So, according to you, if crappy musicians can be legengs too and deserve respect for that... then bad musicians don't exist. You can't argue with me because as we're all the same, you can't be right. We'd be ALL wrong.

If you think "crappy" means "who doesn't use lots of different technique" and "good" means "very technical", then I think YOU are mediocre.

Crappy means "can't even play what he tries to", if you don't use lots of different techniques either, then you're Jimmy Page.

Good means "without mistakes". It doesn't mean fast, doesn't mean highly technical. Just "without mistakes". You want to raise the standards of what you think "good" means to me so it's not that Jimmy Page sucks but me being too exigent.

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


So next time someone says "JOHNNY RAMONE IS A BETTER SINGER THAN IAN GILLIAN" you must say "YES, SIR", for fuckwits can be legens too, so you can't argue.

Johnny Ramone never needed to prove he could sing - he was a guitarist.

That's my point. Jimmy Page wasn't a guitar player either, was a talentless performer. So if someone who doesn't even know how to play the guitar is a better guitar player than Jeff Beck (i.e), then Johnny Ramone could be a better singer than Ian Gillian.

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

PS: You'll take led zep over Steve Vai just because you're a moron that obviously can't tell holy perfection from CRAP.

:)

Stupidest remark I've heard in ages. You surprise me sometimes.
Howerver, you never surprise me, honestly.


CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

Jimmy Page:
"I'm not a guitarist as far as technician goes."


Steve Vai:
"I used to practice up to six hours a day."


See? Who does really care about being a good guitarist and who is an idiot? Who plays flawlessly and who is lucky when he actually plays something right?

I take back what I said a minute ago. THIS is the stupidest remark.

You are underrating music. It takes much more (or "much less", depending on the point of view) than advanced techniques to make good music. You can practice 10 hours a day for 5 years, and you'll end up getting accuracy. Just like any teenager who spends days and nights on MSN ends up becoming a good typer at some point. But creativity to make excellent music and influence several generations of new guitarists DEFINITELY won't come from sitting on your bed and playing "1-3-4" exercises.

You're overrating Page.

You can practice 10 hours a day for 5 years and you'll end up gettin accuracy. Yes, most likely.

Or you could be Jimmy Page, play for more than 30 years and still don't get how to play correctly.


Anyway, this is the same story again. We're talking about playing guitar, not about writing music.


Anyway, Steve Vai is both a better player and a better songwriter.


CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


I must criticize any guitarist who doesn't play clean at all, Jimmy Page is the personification of mediocrity.

Why?

Because I like doing it :-P

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


Slow of fast is the same, it doesn't matter the speed. The point is playing correctly, and "correctly" and "Jimmy Page" aren't things you put together in a sentence.

How can YOU tell whether he's playing HIS songs correctly on record or not?

And before you come up with all the theory bullshit - how can he be "wrong" yet lots of people still love his work? It may sound bad to YOU, but that's simply your personal opinion.

Music isn't a competition to see who's faster or more accurate, music is about putting good sounds together, and Page did that much better than many people who think they just need to learn how to play two-hand tapping at 240bpm.

Ok, then Page's playing is based on sounding just like crap. He does a hell of a job!


<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

So, according to you, if crappy musicians can be legengs too and deserve respect for that... then bad musicians don't exist. You can't argue with me because as we're all the same, you can't be right. We'd be ALL wrong.

If you think "crappy" means "who doesn't use lots of different technique" and "good" means "very technical", then I think YOU are mediocre.

Crappy means "can't even play what he tries to", if you don't use lots of different techniques either, then you're Jimmy Page.

Good means "without mistakes". It doesn't mean fast, doesn't mean highly technical. Just "without mistakes". You want to raise the standards of what you think "good" means to me so it's not that Jimmy Page sucks but me being too exigent.

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


So next time someone says "JOHNNY RAMONE IS A BETTER SINGER THAN IAN GILLIAN" you must say "YES, SIR", for fuckwits can be legens too, so you can't argue.

Johnny Ramone never needed to prove he could sing - he was a guitarist.

That's my point. Jimmy Page wasn't a guitar player either, was a talentless performer. So if someone who doesn't even know how to play the guitar is a better guitar player than Jeff Beck (i.e), then Johnny Ramone could be a better singer than Ian Gillian.

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

PS: You'll take led zep over Steve Vai just because you're a moron that obviously can't tell holy perfection from CRAP.

:)

Stupidest remark I've heard in ages. You surprise me sometimes.
Howerver, you never surprise me, honestly.


I rest my case, you make yourself look like a big joke, I don't need to do much. :)


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


I must criticize any guitarist who doesn't play clean at all, Jimmy Page is the personification of mediocrity.

Why?

Because I like doing it :-P

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


Slow of fast is the same, it doesn't matter the speed. The point is playing correctly, and "correctly" and "Jimmy Page" aren't things you put together in a sentence.

How can YOU tell whether he's playing HIS songs correctly on record or not?

And before you come up with all the theory bullshit - how can he be "wrong" yet lots of people still love his work? It may sound bad to YOU, but that's simply your personal opinion.

Music isn't a competition to see who's faster or more accurate, music is about putting good sounds together, and Page did that much better than many people who think they just need to learn how to play two-hand tapping at 240bpm.

Ok, then Page's playing is based on sounding just like crap. He does a hell of a job!


<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

So, according to you, if crappy musicians can be legengs too and deserve respect for that... then bad musicians don't exist. You can't argue with me because as we're all the same, you can't be right. We'd be ALL wrong.

If you think "crappy" means "who doesn't use lots of different technique" and "good" means "very technical", then I think YOU are mediocre.

Crappy means "can't even play what he tries to", if you don't use lots of different techniques either, then you're Jimmy Page.

Good means "without mistakes". It doesn't mean fast, doesn't mean highly technical. Just "without mistakes". You want to raise the standards of what you think "good" means to me so it's not that Jimmy Page sucks but me being too exigent.

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


So next time someone says "JOHNNY RAMONE IS A BETTER SINGER THAN IAN GILLIAN" you must say "YES, SIR", for fuckwits can be legens too, so you can't argue.

Johnny Ramone never needed to prove he could sing - he was a guitarist.

That's my point. Jimmy Page wasn't a guitar player either, was a talentless performer. So if someone who doesn't even know how to play the guitar is a better guitar player than Jeff Beck (i.e), then Johnny Ramone could be a better singer than Ian Gillian.

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

PS: You'll take led zep over Steve Vai just because you're a moron that obviously can't tell holy perfection from CRAP.

:)

Stupidest remark I've heard in ages. You surprise me sometimes.
Howerver, you never surprise me, honestly.


I rest my case, you make yourself look like a big joke, I don't need to do much. :)
What's up? Don't know how to answer?

;)


CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

Raf840 wrote:

- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

Raf840 wrote:

- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


I must criticize any guitarist who doesn't play clean at all, Jimmy Page is the personification of mediocrity.

Why?

Because I like doing it :-P

Raf840 wrote:

- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


Slow of fast is the same, it doesn't matter the speed. The point is playing correctly, and "correctly" and "Jimmy Page" aren't things you put together in a sentence.

How can YOU tell whether he's playing HIS songs correctly on record or not?

And before you come up with all the theory bullshit - how can he be "wrong" yet lots of people still love his work? It may sound bad to YOU, but that's simply your personal opinion.

Music isn't a competition to see who's faster or more accurate, music is about putting good sounds together, and Page did that much better than many people who think they just need to learn how to play two-hand tapping at 240bpm.

Ok, then Page's playing is based on sounding just like crap. He does a hell of a job!


Raf840 wrote:

- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

So, according to you, if crappy musicians can be legengs too and deserve respect for that... then bad musicians don't exist. You can't argue with me because as we're all the same, you can't be right. We'd be ALL wrong.

If you think "crappy" means "who doesn't use lots of different technique" and "good" means "very technical", then I think YOU are mediocre.

Crappy means "can't even play what he tries to", if you don't use lots of different techniques either, then you're Jimmy Page.

Good means "without mistakes". It doesn't mean fast, doesn't mean highly technical. Just "without mistakes". You want to raise the standards of what you think "good" means to me so it's not that Jimmy Page sucks but me being too exigent.

Raf840 wrote:

- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:


So next time someone says "JOHNNY RAMONE IS A BETTER SINGER THAN IAN GILLIAN" you must say "YES, SIR", for fuckwits can be legens too, so you can't argue.

Johnny Ramone never needed to prove he could sing - he was a guitarist.

That's my point. Jimmy Page wasn't a guitar player either, was a talentless performer. So if someone who doesn't even know how to play the guitar is a better guitar player than Jeff Beck (i.e), then Johnny Ramone could be a better singer than Ian Gillian.

Raf840 wrote:

- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

PS: You'll take led zep over Steve Vai just because you're a moron that obviously can't tell holy perfection from CRAP.

:)

Stupidest remark I've heard in ages. You surprise me sometimes.
Howerver, you never surprise me, honestly.


I rest my case, you make yourself look like a big joke, I don't need to do much. :)
What's up? Don't know how to answer?

;)

Read your own arguments... *rolls eyes* If those are your "points", I think you either know nothing about music or nothing about arguing.

How about you try seriously to beat my arguments first, and then I'll try to beat your new ones?


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 08, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh cool, this argument again

FUCK STEVE VAI. Yawn yawn FUCKING YAWN. What a player, what an incredible goddamn player, I haven't seen many guys play like that - except for every shmuck who's ever been ripped off into buying a JEM.

Whooopdeedoo, he's excellent at what he does. So is the average juggler who spends 10 hours practicing his craft. It doesn't make it art, it doesn't make it interesting, it just makes it a really awesome trick, and you sit there going "WOW, he must've practiced ages to do that".

Oh look, 'Tender Surrender'.... WHOOPDEE DOO. I'll quietly forget that it's all an adaptation of a Hendrix progression, just because he spent ages practicing the fast bits.

If I ever see another JEM, I'm going to grab it and break the thing. Carry handles?? What the fuck. The last guy I knew that had one of those was 30, bald, and a boring cunt. Dating a 16 year old.
I'll smash HIS one, thankyou very much. He was a life-ruining idiot.
Nevermind the fact that the guitar itself is a one-way ticket to homogeny. I have to see if I can find that thing where someone fooled a JEM player in a blindfold test with a Squire.

Actually, fuck this Vai vs. Page thing, I don't care. What I really want to know is - why the hell is Slash so famous?

Achilles Last Stand is an awesome song, someone uploaded a '78 version of it on Youtube, and I don't think I've ever heard Bonzo go so nuts. Top form, top form.

Not that I stand up for Jimmy Page in any shape way or form. What's the use? "Oh he sucks" or "He is GOD", makes little difference, he's still sitting on a sofa that costs more than my house. Same for Steve Vai.

Our Horsie friend here (and I've had this conversation before, but I'm repeating it for you guys who are repeating yourselves) is just bitter that Jimmy Page made it so Goddamn huge when he wasn't as good as John Mcloughlin (now THERE is a player).
It's a ratio of skill vs. success, and it gets up some peoples noses to know that Jimmy Page made it that big and is loved by so many players, when he couldn't play anything from the Bill and Ted soundtrack.

I do somewhat understand this line of thinking, but I think there are better targets of frustration.
I don't ever want to hear you bitch about Jimmy Page again until you have a good long go at Noel Gallagher. << You know, talentless fuck, hasn't written a decent tune in around twelve years, had the opportunity of playing with PETE FUCKING TOWNSHEND AT THE ALBERT HALL, and STILL managed to sound like total crap?

Jimmy Page at least HAD some glory days, he was a servicable blues guitarist at one time. So the 70's drug culture got the better of him, big deal...

Man, stomping a JEM would give me great satisfaction. It's not even a real guitar.
I don't *really* think that, but boy I'd love to say it to this guy that I used to know. Say it right to his goddamn ugly pedophile face.

Fuck "For the Love of God". Can anyone in here even remember how it goes?
Oh cool - sustainer pickup! Yipee. I like a guitar solo I can sing along with,
speaking of which - Brian May! I got an answer from him the other day, on the subject of releasing a 12 string Red Special.
It probably won't have enough interest to ever get done, in which case I'm going to do it myself.

*ahem* Sorry, I've been drinking and I'm a bit off at the moment.

But yeah, fuck this argument. You guys (Raf and Horsie) are being total cocks. It's not that you don't have valid arguments, it's that you're making emotional statements and not appropriate examples.
Like Horsie - okay, you're crying because some guy who you say you're better than managed to make millions of dollars,
but why don't you complain about guitarists that were worse than him? Sex Pistols, go for it. I've always hated the Sex Pistols.
And Raf....
I actually can't fault you, but for Christ's sake, you don't need to defend Jimmy Page. Either he sucks or he doesn't. Big deal.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Feb 08, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, fuck YOU.

Steve Vai is a killer composer. There are not stupid guitar players out there who can write songs like Taurus Bulba, Whispering a Prayer or The Riddle and play them as flawlessly as Steve. Nobody.


When it's "too advanced" or "too technical" for you, it means you're a poor moron that can't understand it. You better stick with Page's stuff and his basic pentatonic licks, played wrong.



Steve Vai. The best.


CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Feb 08, 01:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"There are not stupid guitar players out there who can write songs like Taurus Bulba, Whispering a Prayer or The Riddle and play them as flawlessly as Steve. Nobody."

Nobody wants to. What would be the point of that? Can you imagine having six of Steve Vai? He'd feel put out.

"When it's "too advanced" or "too technical" for you, it means you're a poor moron that can't understand it. "

EEEERRRRRRR BZZZZZT FUCKING BBBBBZZZZZZZZT WRONG

Mahavishnu.

"Steve Vai. The best."

One of. There's a world of music out there, keep listening.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
QueenMercury46 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenMercury46
Royalty: 1097 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Feb 08, 02:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b>- Horsie Clarkson - wrote:

<font color=666600><b>Music Man wrote:

Some people think of the guitar as a game, whereas others think of the guitar as an instrument. It's a shame, because one will never amount to much as a musician until he embraces the latter.

That's true.


Jimmy Page:
"I'm not a guitarist as far as technician goes."


Steve Vai:
"I used to practice up to six hours a day."


See? Who does really care about being a good guitarist and who is an idiot? Who plays flawlessly and who is lucky when he actually plays something right?

Maybe some people are just naturally good and some people need to practice more in order to be that good.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Treasure Moment wrote: [/QUOTENAME]The only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms.[/QUOTE]