Forums > Queen - General Discussion > queen concert dvds!!

forum rss feed
Author

sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Feb 08, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its not often i start threads, but i was watching the wembley dvds, and i was wondering...

has anyone here had the fortune to be at those concerts that are on dvds? when they show small clips of random fans, is it anyone someone here might know, or possibly be them? what do you think or feel when you watch these concerts? where did you sit?

i must say, whoever was lucky enough to see these guys in their day, i severely envy you!

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
DrumBrother user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 223 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 01:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was at the Friday night show but was in the stand on the right as you look at the stage, pretty close to the stage. What a night.

Farrokh Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Farrokh Mercury
Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 02:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can only dream...

Shooting stars never stop, even when they reach the top.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Serry...wrote:[/QUOTENAME]I was more curious about - which font Freddie used for his thoughts? Arial? Verdana? Or Wingdings'
Ju-uhbetje user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 07:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was at the GROENNOORDHAL in LEIDEN in Holland at the MAGIC tour that same year, and was staning right in front of the stage about 10 meters from the front row, It was awesome to see my hero there for the first and the last time, Althou I yet am very much impressed with the older stuf from the 70's I been collecting concert from the early days and boy is Freddie there in a good voice and the songs from teh seventies ar e more my time, It was great to be there with them, but musicaly I like the 70's much better, I think Freddie should never pick up smoking, it had destroyd his life stage voice very much. And in the early concerts his voice is great.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ju-uhbetje wrote:

I was at the GROENNOORDHAL in LEIDEN in Holland at the MAGIC tour that same year, and was staning right in front of the stage about 10 meters from the front row, It was awesome to see my hero there for the first and the last time, Althou I yet am very much impressed with the older stuf from the 70's I been collecting concert from the early days and boy is Freddie there in a good voice and the songs from teh seventies ar e more my time, It was great to be there with them, but musicaly I like the 70's much better, I think Freddie should never pick up smoking, it had destroyd his life stage voice very much. And in the early concerts his voice is great.

Don't agree.
I think the Barcelona-album is his best work vocally. Dunno if he gave up smoking by then though.

Killed by drones.
BradJarre user not visiting Queenzone.com
BradJarre
Royalty: 1086 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are some sites who say he did,But there are pictures from 90-91 that he can be seen on with a sigaret.

IF ANY ONE WANTS MY MSN ITS TOPGEAR1990@HOTMAIL.COM

I love cool edit pro.

Working on a tribute cd and need some input for songs from you:D

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ju-uhbetje wrote:

Hallo!

Mooi dat je erbij was in Leiden! Heb je toevallig foto's en/of opnames gemaakt van het concert? Hoop van je te horen: mrducksoup@hotmail.com

sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DrumBrother wrote:

I was at the Friday night show but was in the stand on the right as you look at the stage, pretty close to the stage. What a night.

awesome!!

i cant remember, but was that the concert they recorded? would you be able to see the camera on you?

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
BradJarre

Posted: 07 Feb 08, 01:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The friday night concert was i believe fully recorded,but they never gonna release it in full(only the bits on the wembley dvd)

I love cool edit pro.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 08, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

innuendo1990 wrote:

The friday night concert was i believe fully recorded,but they never gonna release it in full(only the bits on the wembley dvd)

Apparently only the stuff they released was recorded, as a "cameras rehearsal". Pity- as it was a better of those two nights... MUCH better...

I found myself few times on the RETURN OF THE CHAMPIONS DVD
Nothing with Fred- when they played Knebworth and I wanted to hgo my parents told me- no way... than I didn't understand but now- yeah, I don't think I would allow a six year old to go to another country to a rock gig ;)

BradJarre

Posted: 07 Feb 08, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dunno about that,I mean:On a kind of magic his voice is terrible.

I love cool edit pro.

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 08, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

stuff...

E-mail me man!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 08, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL @ stuff

sure thing, man, sure thing- should happen 2morrow...
Man, so busy, so busy I don't remember sometimes to breathe... ;)