Forums > Personal > If you are over 18 and in the U.S..

forum rss feed
Author

StoneColdClassicQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen
Bohemian: 775 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Feb 08, 23:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did any of you vote? If so reply now, and I would like to know your political views. FYI, my father voted for Hillary Clinton (spell check name..).
I would've voted for Clinton, I agree with her views.


"When you make love to someone, use a condom."-Brian May

______________________________________

Paul Rodgers is Chuck Norris.
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Feb 08, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

StoneColdClassicQueen wrote:

Did any of you vote? If so reply now, and I would like to know your political views. FYI, my father voted for Hillary Clinton (spell check name..).
I would've voted for Clinton, I agree with her views.


No. There's too much fuss in all that shit. I refuse to vote, or attend, or dance with anyone in any party.

I'm democratic. But, Hilary Clit's views on health insurance, SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!


"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
DavidRFuller user not visiting Queenzone.com
DavidRFuller
Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 00:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I register to vote I get put into the jury duty pool, so....fuck that. I would've voted for Ron Paul (everybody else sucks ass) but he really has no chance.

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 01:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The weather was too bad.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 06:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

! Jake ! wrote:


Hilary Clit


How come I never noticed that possible abbreviation for her name? It made my day! :))))))))))))



We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 07:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The American two-party system is no good.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]



[/QUOTE]







magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DavidRFuller wrote:

If I register to vote I get put into the jury duty pool, so....fuck that.


If you have a driver's license or library card, you're already put into the jury duty pool. Vote. It won't change your juror status.



"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone but Hillary....

Clinton supporters are no better than Bush supporters....




The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

McCain talks out of his ass.
Huckabee wants religion to play a more integral part in US government.
Romney flip-flops as much if not more so than Kerry was accused of doing.
Obama's wife is a racist who only now has toned down the rhetoric
Clinton is more of the same... though the Clinton years weren't all that bad... unless you were a Rebublican. :-)

Where does that leave us? It leaves us with the option to choose the one who will do the least damage.


"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Diversity - An old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.


The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hillary Clinton has been telling America that she is the most qualified candidate for president based on her 'record,' which she says includes her eight years in the White House as First Lady - or 'co-president' - and her seven years in the Senate.

Here is a reminder of what that record includes: - As First Lady, Hillary assumed authority over Health Care Reform, a process that cost the taxpayers over $13 million. She told both Bill Bradley and Patrick Moynihan, key votes needed to pass her legislation, that she would 'demonize' anyone who opposed it. But it was opposed; she couldn't even get it to a vote in a Congress controlled by her own party. (And in the next election, her party lost control of both the House and Senate.)

- Hillary assumed authority over selecting a female Attorney General. Her first two recommendations, Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood, were forced to withdraw their names from consideration. She then chose Janet Reno. Janet Reno has since been described by Bill himself as 'my worst mistake.'

- Hillary recommended Lani Guanier for head of the Civil Rights Commission. When Guanier's radical views became known, her name had to be withdrawn.

- Hillary recommended her former law partners, Web Hubbell, Vince Foster, and William Kennedy for positions in the Justice Department, White House staff, and the Treasury, respectively. Hubbell was later imprisoned, Foster committed suicide, and Kennedy was forced to resign.

- Hillary also recommended a close friend of the Clintons, Craig Livingstone, for the position of director of White House security. When Livingstone was investigated for the improper access of up to 900 FBI files of Clinton enemies (“Filegate”) and the widespread use of drugs by White House staff, both Hillary and her husband denied knowing him. FBI agent Dennis Sculimbrene confirmed in a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in 1996, both the drug use and Hillary's involvement in hiring Livingstone. After that, the FBI closed its White House Liaison Office, after serving seven presidents for over thirty years.

- In order to open “slots” in the White House for her friends the Thomasons (to whom millions of dollars in travel contracts could be awarded), Hillary had the entire staff of the White House Travel Office fired; they were reported to the FBI for 'gross mismanagement' and their reputations ruined. After a thirty-month investigation, only one, Billy Dale, was charged with a crime - mixing personal money with White House funds when he cashed checks. The jury acquitted him in less than two hours. - Another of Hil lary's assumed duties was directing the 'bimbo eruption squad' and scandal defense:

---- She urged her husband not to settle the Paula Jones lawsuit.

---- She refused to release the Whitewater documents, which led to the appointment of Ken Starr as Special Prosecutor. After $80 million dollars of taxpayer money was spent, Starr's investigation led to Monica Lewinsky, which led to Bill lying about and later admitting his affairs.

---- Then they had to settle with Paula Jones after all.

---- And Bill lost his law license for lying to the grand jury

---- And Bill was impeached by the House.

---- And Hillary almost got herself indicted for perjury and obstruction of justice (she avoided it mostly because she repeated, 'I do not recall,' 'I have no recollection,' and 'I don't know' 56 times under oath).

- Hillary wrote 'It Takes a Village,' demonstrating her Socialist viewpoint.

- Hillary decided to seek election to the Senate in a state she had never lived in. Her husband pardoned FALN terrorists in order to get Latino support and the New Square Hassidim to get Jewish support. Hillary also had Bill pardon her brother's clients, for a small fee, to get financial support.

- Then Hillary left the White House, but later had to return $200,000 in White House furniture, china, and artwork she had stolen.

- In the campaign for the Senate, Hillary


The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, I did not vote in the primaries. In my state, the primaries were a couple of weeks ago. To be honest, there were two reasons I did not vote in the primary elections:
1) I see no point in it. Wait until the parties have actually picked a candidate, then you can argue that there is something worth voting for. I understand the point of direct primary voting systems, but I view them as a waste of time for the most part since you are only voting for someone who "might" get the nomination and then you have to vote again in November, possibly for another person.
2) I couldn't be arsed with actually going to the polling station (the high school here in town). I've got 3 papers due, a Plan B I was supposed to finish in December I haven't gotten finished yet, and I'm teaching a class that I have NO experience with at all so I have to do tons of background research just to be able to keep a step ahead of the undergrads. These things are far more important to my future than who gets the nomination for the candidacy for the presidency.


Formerly MHG
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhounski wrote:

Hillary Clinton has been telling America that she is the most qualified candidate for president based on her 'record,' which she says includes her eight years in the White House as First Lady - or 'co-president' - and her seven years in the Senate.

Here is a reminder of what that record includes: - As First Lady, Hillary assumed authority over Health Care Reform, a process that cost the taxpayers over $13 million. She told both Bill Bradley and Patrick Moynihan, key votes needed to pass her legislation, that she would 'demonize' anyone who opposed it. But it was opposed; she couldn't even get it to a vote in a Congress controlled by her own party. (And in the next election, her party lost control of both the House and Senate.)

- Hillary assumed authority over selecting a female Attorney General. Her first two recommendations, Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood, were forced to withdraw their names from consideration. She then chose Janet Reno. Janet Reno has since been described by Bill himself as 'my worst mistake.'

- Hillary recommended Lani Guanier for head of the Civil Rights Commission. When Guanier's radical views became known, her name had to be withdrawn.

- Hillary recommended her former law partners, Web Hubbell, Vince Foster, and William Kennedy for positions in the Justice Department, White House staff, and the Treasury, respectively. Hubbell was later imprisoned, Foster committed suicide, and Kennedy was forced to resign.

- Hillary also recommended a close friend of the Clintons, Craig Livingstone, for the position of director of White House security. When Livingstone was investigated for the improper access of up to 900 FBI files of Clinton enemies (“Filegate”) and the widespread use of drugs by White House staff, both Hillary and her husband denied knowing him. FBI agent Dennis Sculimbrene confirmed in a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in 1996, both the drug use and Hillary's involvement in hiring Livingstone. After that, the FBI closed its White House Liaison Office, after serving seven presidents for over thirty years.

- In order to open “slots” in the White House for her friends the Thomasons (to whom millions of dollars in travel contracts could be awarded), Hillary had the entire staff of the White House Travel Office fired; they were reported to the FBI for 'gross mismanagement' and their reputations ruined. After a thirty-month investigation, only one, Billy Dale, was charged with a crime - mixing personal money with White House funds when he cashed checks. The jury acquitted him in less than two hours. - Another of Hil lary's assumed duties was directing the 'bimbo eruption squad' and scandal defense:

---- She urged her husband not to settle the Paula Jones lawsuit.

---- She refused to release the Whitewater documents, which led to the appointment of Ken Starr as Special Prosecutor. After $80 million dollars of taxpayer money was spent, Starr's investigation led to Monica Lewinsky, which led to Bill lying about and later admitting his affairs.

---- Then they had to settle with Paula Jones after all.

---- And Bill lost his law license for lying to the grand jury

---- And Bill was impeached by the House.

---- And Hillary almost got herself indicted for perjury and obstruction of justice (she avoided it mostly because she repeated, 'I do not recall,' 'I have no recollection,' and 'I don't know' 56 times under oath).

- Hillary wrote 'It Takes a Village,' demonstrating her Socialist viewpoint.

- Hillary decided to seek election to the Senate in a state she had never lived in. Her husband pardoned FALN terrorists in order to get Latino support and the New Square Hassidim to get Jewish support. Hillary also had Bill pardon her brother's clients, for a small fee, to get financial support.

- Then Hillary left the White House, but later had to return $200,000 in White House furniture, china, and artwork she


I do not want any google ads here.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhounski wrote:

Quite a resume’. Sounds more like an organized crime family’s rap sheet.


Not really... to me it sounds like the usual politicans CV!
Really, what's the difference between a crook like Nixon and a hero like JFK? One of 'em got caught. They all do dodgy deeds. Some do 'less' dodgy deeds... and some of them even have high and mighty ideals that are admirable, but at the end of the day - you don't get anywhere in government unless you get put there by someone. That's party politics for you I guess!


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:


You copy-pasted all this from an article called
" MORE REASONS NOT TO VOTE FOR HILLARY "SCUMBAG" CLINTON(S")
on a stupid website called "Democrat equals Socialist" which features other rubbish like comparing Huckabee's son to a mass murderer because he "killed a stray dog", oh well.

http://democratequalssocialist.wordpress.com/2008/01/29/more-reasons-not-to-vote-for-hillary-scumbag-clintons/



Hey sugar,

Can you argue any of the above points? Does is really matter where the facts come from?

Didn't think so....it's all true, and that's just from when she was in the White House.

Obama 2008.




The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^ Yet another reason primaries are a waste of time. You get idiots who just buy into whatever someone tells them, without stopping to think that "Gee, maybe the person who provided this information has an axe to grind. Maybe I should do my own research into these issues and find out what the real answer is." I detest people who are just blindly following mantras without questioning.

For all of this information about Hilary, there is just as much on all of the other candidates, and frequently if you weren't too lazy to actually do a bit of research, you discover that the "facts" presented are not always black and white. For instance, frequently websites like this who are gunning for a candidate will take one bill that their opponent voted against and run something like this:
Candidate A voted down a bill that would have given health care to children. Therefore Candidate A doesn't care about your children.
However, the truth is not always crystal clear. Most of the time, if you do the research, Candidate A voted against the bill because of some "riders" attached to it...like maybe 5 million dollars to some county in Wisconsin to buy electronic cow milking machines or something ridiculous like that.

Just out of curiosity Haystacks, since you are very clearly an Obama supporter, have you done any research on any of the crap you spewed out into the public sphere here? I didn't think so.


Formerly MHG
DavidRFuller user not visiting Queenzone.com
DavidRFuller
Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

DavidRFuller wrote:

If I register to vote I get put into the jury duty pool, so....fuck that.


If you have a driver's license or library card, you're already put into the jury duty pool. Vote. It won't change your juror status.


Thats the case in some areas, not everywhere.

TRM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Blog is not stupid, it just says things that you don't want to hear...


TRM
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Does is really matter where the facts come from?"

Of course it matters where the information (not sure about facts) comes from. I certainly would be very careful to post stuff from such a dubious website as my own opinion! I do not know much about Hilary Clinton but the title of that article is enough to make me doubt the integrity of the author - it looks exactly like posts from a well known Queenzone troll.

Edit: In fact Maggie already said it all much better.



I do not want any google ads here.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 08, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

DavidRFuller wrote:

If I register to vote I get put into the jury duty pool, so....fuck that.


If you have a driver's license or library card, you're already put into the jury duty pool. Vote. It won't change your juror status.


Uh, not true. Registering to vote IS the way they compile that. You have the OPTION of NOT registering to vote at most Transportation Departments here. When you get your drivers license issued or renewed, there used to be a form. Now it's an option.

I seriously doubt the library is tied into that same system, they can't even get past the Dewey Decimal System.

Haystacks:
I can't stand Hilly as much as you, but this one:

Haystacks Calhounski wrote:


- Hillary assumed authority over selecting a female Attorney General. Her first two recommendations, Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood, were forced to withdraw their names from consideration. She then chose Janet Reno. Janet Reno has since been described by Bill himself as 'my worst mistake.'

I don't think the First Lady had the power to choose. She might have recommended her to Bill, through a "friend", but blame needs to be widespread on that one.