Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Apologizing for my mistakes - Falsification in the press and books

forum rss feed
Author

unknown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Feb 08, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I deeply apologize for the mistakes I made on my website www.mercury-and-queen.com which turned out to be rumours.

I got in contact with Russian expert of Freddie Mercury's biography, Mariam Ahundova (her study sadly isn't puplished in Europe, GB and USA yet), and I was being told that many information/books about his life just aren't true, f.ex. whole passages in David Bret's book - also Jim Hutton's book isn't actually official.

If you feel the need we can start a discussion concerning the falsification of the information about Queen and Freddie Mercury.

What I'm really wondering is, if those books aren't acknowledged by Queen are they worth to be published?

Maybe there are 'older' fans out here who could tell me: was the problem of the falsification of Queen's interviews etc also present while they were in the original line up? Any information will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 08, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was no Freddie.

Roger Meadows Tailor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 330 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 08, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Daria my friend.I have followed Queen since 1974.

I think its fair to say that Queen have "enjoyed" a lot of shit press since their inception into rock n roll in 73.So much so that half way through the seventies Freddie decided to give only the odd interview every so often.And even at that it had to be someone whom he can trust.Even in the seventies there were plenty of hangers on around the group.Plenty of leechers.Just ask their first manager.He was buying his second Rolls Royce as Freddie and the boys were struggling hand to mouth day by day.And this from a group who had a couple of big hit singles and a couple of hit albums

Still to this day,a lot of people are still trying to make money off the back of Queen.I recently saw a book about Brian May in a store.I'm not even sure if he knows this book exists because all the quotes coming from him were coming second hand.

I know that it goes against the good investigative journalism rule book but i would only trust auto-biographical books or authenticated quotes where Queen are concerned

However it does surprise me about Jim Hutton.

I hope this is of some use to you,my friend.Nice website by the way.

Memories my memories

How long can you stay

to haunt my days.

Posted: 15 Feb 08, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger Meadows Tailor wrote:

Daria my friend.I have followed Queen since 1974.

I think its fair to say that Queen have "enjoyed" a lot of shit press since their inception into rock n roll in 73.So much so that half way through the seventies Freddie decided to give only the odd interview every so often.And even at that it had to be someone whom he can trust.Even in the seventies there were plenty of hangers on around the group.Plenty of leechers.Just ask their first manager.He was buying his second Rolls Royce as Freddie and the boys were struggling hand to mouth day by day.And this from a group who had a couple of big hit singles and a couple of hit albums

Still to this day,a lot of people are still trying to make money off the back of Queen.I recently saw a book about Brian May in a store.I'm not even sure if he knows this book exists because all the quotes coming from him were coming second hand.

I know that it goes against the good investigative journalism rule book but i would only trust auto-biographical books or authenticated quotes where Queen are concerned

However it does surprise me about Jim Hutton.

I hope this is of some use to you,my friend.Nice website by the way.

Thank you very much for your kind reply

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 08, 04:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahundova's book is not published because it's utter rubbish - she is crazy. Guess what - her book is not official, either.

I do not want any google ads here.

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 08, 05:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe there should be a "Queen Fiction" category of books, much like there needs to be a "Fictional Documentary" category of films for Michael Moore.

;)

Posted: 16 Feb 08, 07:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Ahundova's book is not published because it's utter rubbish - she is crazy. Guess what - her book is not official, either.

I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you in the fact that her book in English is already in planning.
Why do you think that she is crazy? A lot of intelligent people who were against urban myths were labelled crazy - what I find brave of her is that the point of her work is to indicate the controversies of other books about Freddie Mercury rather then inventing indiscreet stories like Jim Hutton - her work is that of an investigator.

YourValentine

Posted: 16 Feb 08, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Come on, please. She claims that there is a conspiracy including the band, their management, Freddie's friends and lovers and hundreds of other people making up that Freddie was gay when he was in fact straight. This is not investigation, it's delusional. It's not really respectful to deny a person his sexual identity, mainly when you never met him.

I don't know why I even bother but if you base your website on this horrible book, you can just as well save your time because nobody with more than 2 brain cells will visit.

Posted: 16 Feb 08, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please forgive me for the misunderstanding, YourValentine.
What I wanted to say is that I'm deeply sorry for the mistakes on my page, because I was taking information from tabloid papers and such like as well - Mrs Ahundova contacted me and made me aware of my mistakes and that what I was doing was not right - I'm not planning to base my site on her book, I'm just now in the process of removing all wrong information.

Everyone who read my site, please forgive me for my mistakes; I did not want spreading rumours about an outstanding artist and warmhearted human being - Freddie Mercury.

AC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1838 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 08, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Mercury was gay. Right?

That time will come, one day you'll see that i'll be dead and you will laugh!

Posted: 16 Feb 08, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your Valentine.

Give Daria a chance.She is trying to right a wrong.OK.If you cant accept that then thats your problem.

Memories my memories

How long can you stay

to haunt my days.
YourValentine

Posted: 16 Feb 08, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Give Daria a chance.She is trying to right a wrong.OK.If you cant accept that then thats your problem."

She can do whatever she likes. However, if she starts a discussion on the forum praising a nutcase like Ahundova and calling her an "expert" she has to deal with the answers. I am not witholding my opinion about her.

Posted: 16 Feb 08, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

"Give Daria a chance.She is trying to right a wrong.OK.If you cant accept that then thats your problem."

She can do whatever she likes. However, if she starts a discussion on the forum praising a nutcase like Ahundova and calling her an "expert" she has to deal with the answers. I am not witholding my opinion about her.

Clap clap clap.Well done!!!She's been duped like the millions of us that have been.YOU got it right.She got it wrong.BIG WOW.At least she admitted to being wrong ok.

Memories my memories

How long can you stay

to haunt my days.
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 08, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your Valentine.

Give Daria a chance.She is trying to right a wrong.OK.If you cant accept that then thats your problem.

Odd that she can't do it without plugging her website...

Posted: 17 Feb 08, 06:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Your Valentine.

Odd that she can't do it without plugging her website...

Thank you very much for thinking I'm here for nothing better than advertising my website.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 08, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, it's an odd thing to start a thread on - "My website was shit, sorry"

Posted: 17 Feb 08, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Many people, even my friends consider me as odd, but I think when I actually did something wrong I have to correct it. I hope you understand me.

goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 08, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If one wants something more factual than info from Mariam Ahundova regarding Queen, one could always visit a Sylv Livingstone site;-)

Did these 'fruitier than nutcakes' both get hit in the noggin' by one of the oversized balloons during The Magic Tour???

"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 08, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Well, it's an odd thing to start a thread on - "My website was shit, sorry"

Well there's "odd" and then there's "Queenfan odd", which raise the peculiarity stakes considerably...

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Stoner user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 256 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 08, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Daria,
I feel that they are all lies, including some of the interviews which I think were doctored up to insinuate things about Queen and esp.Freddie that aren't true. Stuff written by Peter Freestone and Jim Hutton, should be taken with a grain of salt, among others who have written so called biographies.
Of course this is definitely the wrong place to discuss it because all you will get here is a bunch of assholes telling you to stop posting. So if you wanna email me we can discuss it, my email is in my profile, I think! :)