Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Multitrack Updates

forum rss feed
Author

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 08, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Since Poopchute posts were erased because it contained the links to the multitracks- wich is understandable- i just started this topic for people to continue discussing about the multitracks, but this time with no links.

I thinks it´s pertinent for us fans to discuss this topic, since many things are happening, and i would love to hear about what is really out there in the hands of collectors.

If anyone has updates about the subject, i would appreciat to read it.

Take care

AnywayWindBlows user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 08, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Get Down
Def Leppard Rock of Ages, Bringing On The HeartBreak & Pour Some Sugar On Me...

popy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 450 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 08, 23:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i don't think it's understandable...

why?

because other sites that are also sharing this master tapes HAVE NOT erased they're topics about this... oh...and yes thoose foruns/sites that share the master tapes don't allow people to share official recordings (complet albuns or separete songs)

so , we Queen fans , have to go to other generic music foruns to get them, instead of getting them in the foruns that we are supposed to. here on queenzone or other Queen foruns

so i don't think it's understandable.

ps: also, does anyone really thinks that someone is not going to buy the albuns/songs because of master tapes being leaked? i know that master tapes are not suposed to be circulating like BR and KQ are, but once they're out there, it's almost impossible to stop these from being shared , and i repeat, no one thinks "oh i have master tape of this song, so i'm not buying the album". also if this is deleted, please delet also leaked demos,leaked concert videos,leaked sound-board concert recordings , etc.. because they're also suposed to be ONLY on Queen Production vaults, like the master tapes that leaked...

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 00:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think it's understandable.

HAHAHAH wait a sec let me laugh some more. AHAHHAHA

Jesus Christ. It's the general rule of the internet. When someone 'high up' notices what you're doing, you fucking well listen when they say "TAKE IT DOWN", or you're headed for an almighty clusterfuck.

Someone complained, the shit got taken down, end of story. If you're so desperately upset by all this, just start e-mailing people instead.

Fucking hell.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
kestrel101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A fact you can't argue with, it's STILL someone else's property. Although everyone apparently "does" it, it will never make 'theft' right though, will it?

There's almost a sense of "Robin Hood" about it, Queen are the rich people with the goods everybody wants, and us, the "frustrated fans" are the poor, who are quite happy receiving the stolen goods.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 04:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Theoretically it would have been possible to leave the threads in place, scroll through the pages, enter the accounts of the users who posted the links and manually remove them. This has never been done on Queenzone - user posts are not manipulated. The alternative is to delete the thread which is a pity because very good posts and ideas are removed but it's much better than to edit user posts. For me it's a matter of principle. I would not want to post on a board where mods fiddle with my messages.

When the tracks first appeared I emailed Richard for instruction and he said they cannot be on the QZ tracker but each user is responsible for their posts. However, when Queen representatives complain, there is no room for discussion imo. First of all they have the power and the money and who wants to have a legal fight with them? This website is run by a fan and not someone whose aim in life is to piss the band off. Secondly, Queen are always generous, they have never taken action against fans as far as I know, so if they don't want us to allow these links on the forum, it is only fair and honest to respect this and remove them. I cannot think of another website where non-official material of another band can be shared so freely and the band never complains.

I do not want any google ads here.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3040 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 05:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's fair enough.

We should be thankfully that they have never taken action before, and we can happily carry on sharing live audio, video, studio outtakes, B sides etc... without(so far)any reproach

NickName user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fair deal... well done!

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums wrote:

That's fair enough.

We should be thankfully that they have never taken action before, and we can happily carry on sharing live audio, video, studio outtakes, B sides etc... without(so far)any reproach

you can't share B-sides...they are official releases

go deo na h√Čireann

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 06:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But if the band actually condoned the practice, places like www.brianmay.com and the band's official website would have hubs like here, wouldn't they? It's because QZ is independent of the band, that there's a certain amountof "freedom", but even then that's only up to a point, obviously. You could say QOL had that series of "official live bootleg downloads" but they were generally no better quality than the ones "on the market". Maybe that was the whole point.

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way, I'm probably all for everybody getting away with whatever they can get away with. You won't find a better inspiration to Brian and Roger to release something, than them think there's another pound note/euro/dollar flying out of the window.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wait...

So there were more master tapes shared here other than BoRhap and Killer Queen...?

Is there a full list of masters that have been shared on the deleted threads?

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
jpet user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 28 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Theoretically it would have been possible to leave the threads in place, scroll through the pages, enter the accounts of the users who posted the links and manually remove them. This has never been done on Queenzone - user posts are not manipulated. The alternative is to delete the thread which is a pity because very good posts and ideas are removed but it's much better than to edit user posts. For me it's a matter of principle. I would not want to post on a board where mods fiddle with my messages.

When the tracks first appeared I emailed Richard for instruction and he said they cannot be on the QZ tracker but each user is responsible for their posts. However, when Queen representatives complain, there is no room for discussion imo. First of all they have the power and the money and who wants to have a legal fight with them? This website is run by a fan and not someone whose aim in life is to piss the band off. Secondly, Queen are always generous, they have never taken action against fans as far as I know, so if they don't want us to allow these links on the forum, it is only fair and honest to respect this and remove them. I cannot think of another website where non-official material of another band can be shared so freely and the band never complains.

so basically that rude guy digital moanfest was correct? so was the email rreal?

Yankovic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 07:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

Wait...

So there were more master tapes shared here other than BoRhap and Killer Queen...?

Bob Marley - Is This Love
Bob Marley - Lively Up
Bob Marley - No Woman No Cry
Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
Doobies - Long Train Running
Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through the Grapevine
Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Aint No Mountain High Enough
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
Nirvana - Marijuana
Nirvana - Penny Royal Tea (Loser)
Nirvana - Polly (New Wave)
Nirvana - Sappy
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Queen - Killer Queen
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
The Beatles - A Day In The Life
The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonley Hearts Club Band
The Beatles - She's Leaving Home
The Beatles - With A Little Help From My Friends

Stop this noise!
Raf

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 07:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yankovic wrote:

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

Wait...

Bob Marley - Is This Love
Bob Marley - Lively Up
Bob Marley - No Woman No Cry
Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
Doobies - Long Train Running
Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through the Grapevine
Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Aint No Mountain High Enough
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
Nirvana - Marijuana
Nirvana - Penny Royal Tea (Loser)
Nirvana - Polly (New Wave)
Nirvana - Sappy
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Queen - Killer Queen
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
The Beatles - A Day In The Life
The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonley Hearts Club Band
The Beatles - She's Leaving Home
The Beatles - With A Little Help From My Friends

Wow!!! Would you be able to send me the links by e-mail, please? My address is on my profile. :)
I'm mostly interested in The Beatles, Nirvana and Bob Marley, but all of them would be interesting! :)

Thanks in advance.

poopchute user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 08:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont think it was that Digital Manifest was correct. All it takes is 1 person to shout loud enough about it and action gets taken. 1 person. Like Rapidshare and Megadownload and the others that people were using. If they get 1 complaint that a link you have is illegal/copyrighted or something. Bam! it goes down. Digital Manifest probably went right after being laughed outta here to picking up the phone and somehow calling Queen or their headquarters or whatever. And if he was pissed enough from being embarrased and laughed at he could probably get something done...
That said I dont know the whole story. Id like to read the "letter" or email from Queen. But Anyway...I dont hold any hard feelings about the mods haveing to do what they had to do. Im frankly supprised it lasted this long.
Someone asked for a complete list of everything that is out there...
Nirvana 4 songs...
Marvin Gaye 5 songs...
Bob Marley 3 songs...
Doobie Brothers 1 song...
Stevie Wonder 1 song...
Beatles 4 songs...
Queen 3 songs...(Get Down is the 3rd 1. I think its not really worth having unless you are SuperDooper Hardcore...)
Def Leppard 3 songs...

I dont have everything listed.
But thats what I know IS out there. There may be a few other songs and Artists...Ive heard The Police and Issacc Hayes Mentioned as well as Hendrix and Jackson 5...But I think those would be really hard to find...
So by all means lets keep up the discussion...
IN Fact...Why Dont we write a petition to Queen. Something along the lines that We all want the Multitracks from their Greatest Hits. Why cant they sell them to us. I'd pay 25 bucks per song.
Id even buy Bohemian Rhapsody and Killer Queen even if I have them. The worst they can do is say no. But at least we can voice the fact that their Die Hard Fans want this product...and are more than willing to pay for it. So all they gotta do is be the 1st Big Scale Mega band to doit...
Oh and just for reference...My email is Queenzonebootlegs@hotmail.com

Stop this noise!
Raf

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 08:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

poopchute wrote:

Queen 3 songs...(Get Down is the 3rd 1. I think its not really worth having unless you are SuperDooper Hardcore...)
Def Leppard 3 songs...

Have you got Get Down Make Love and the Def Leppard songs? I'd be interested in getting them, if it's possible. :)

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What Raf said.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

. . . whose aim in life is to piss the band off. Secondly, Queen are always generous, they have never taken action against fans as far as I know, so if they don't want us to allow these links on the forum, it is only fair and honest to respect this and remove them. I cannot think of another website where non-official material of another band can be shared so freely and the band never complains.

Again, very well said, YV. Thanks for taking the heat for us. You rock!

--Cindy

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
AnywayWindBlows user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 08, 17:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenigma wrote:

I've been lurking here for years, and there are others like me. The fact is that most of what you "traders" do is too petty to involve legal action. But now you've screwed the pooch, and the big boys won't let it stand. There is no more serious form of copyright infringement. Do you think that Coca Cola would allow you to "trade" its soft-drink formulas? Lawyers live for this, and you can bet they're drooling right now. You'd better hope you didn't leave a trail.

Queenigma wrote:

I contacted Brian about this matter. Those of you in favor of stealing these multitrack recordings obviously have no idea how much effort went into creating the songs. Any true "fan" would respect Queen's right to control access to the basic building blocks (i.e., the individual tracks) of their career. "Trading" bootlegged live recordings is one thing, but you've crossed the line here.

Oohh I think it's Digital Manifest incarnate!