Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > New Fan Cover: Seaside Rendezvous by Matt Hutchison

forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 08, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Folks, listen to this rendition of SR - a first on the Stage Of Champions. Amazing, what Matt did on his "little notebook"

enjoy:)

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/stage_of_champions.aspx

I do not want any google ads here.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 08, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like the vocals.

But all the instruments sounds like a midi track to me. And at some parts there are some odd timing problems in the instruments

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
coops user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 08, 23:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds like a lot of work went into this, and I think it shows. Very good job. And your vocals are very "Freddie - ish". Nice.

ludwigs user not visiting Queenzone.com
ludwigs
Bohemian: 459 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 08, 09:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the comments. There are absolutely NO midi in any of my recordings. Sure there are a few timing issues....but...it is a very early one I did. I transcribe all the parts and then play them. Only 'machine' is a drum machine as I dont have the facility to play live drums... Even the kazoo whistle is made by my mouth.All the noises on my recordings are made by me with no other 'help'...

I have many many more that hopefully will be posted up soon by the panel?

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 08, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, nice here and there, but a lot of timing issues in places. Shame, cause there are some genuinly nice little noises in there that sound cool.

But I do agree with Fried. Also a shame that the vocals all sound like there's a blanket over them.

Adam.

ludwigs

Posted: 28 Feb 08, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah Adam.....I recall you now.

I actually do tend to sing under a blanket as I am a little embarassed singing lead.It isn't a cover of mine that I would have posted first but....it was fun at the time to do.
Cheap £9 microphone, tiddly old Roland ep5. No facility for any 'decent' gear or studio stuff. I guess we all learn as we go? No doubt the stuff will be pulled apart a little as its a 'forum'...and I expect that. But I have heard worse....much worse...:)

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 08, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ludwigs wrote:

I actually do tend to sing under a blanket as I am a little embarassed singing lead.

Haha I did that once.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 08, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, more songs will be posted soon. I was blown away by all the covers Matt submitted. Even if they were midis it would still need some musical skill to create all these fantastic sounds. The vocals are superb with at least 6 or 7 overdubs plus all the special instruments... great job.

I do not want any google ads here.

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 08, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh yes, I know about the pulling apart you've had. I remember reading those threads with disbelief. Your guitar sounds are top notch, true.

But with the stuff you listed, can't blame the gear dude. Seriously. We all start somewhere and I started with a Tandy/Radioshack mic £10, a bass guitar eq pedal (my bruvs) and a Pentium 100 family computer. But the recordings while inferior, were clean enough to hear the important stuff.

I like your stuff on the electrolead site and I've heard it before on the RS forum.

Adam.

EDIT: Actually, tone down things like the drums and the vocals will come through better. So, a bit of EQ to reduce those drums. If you want specifics, I could try answering any queries.

coops user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 08, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ludwigs wrote:

I have many many more that hopefully will be posted up soon by the panel?

Looking forward to hearing them.

ludwigs

Posted: 28 Feb 08, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great! I believe that my version of The Millionaire Waltz is next to be uploaded? Thanks again Vale...:)

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 08, 19:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I absolutely LOVE this! Well done! Very well done!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 29 Feb 08, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree that the vocal work is much better than the instruments, but both parts are still very good. I love the brass bits!

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Mr Coolest Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr Coolest Cat
Bohemian: 908 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 08, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent effort, well done.

There must be more to life than this.