Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen - We are the Champions in Europe DVD

forum rss feed
Author

BuDi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Feb 08, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Recorded live at Nepstadium, Budapest, Hungary, July 27th 1986

What's up with this DVD?

Can some one tell me how official is it and what kind of quality can i expect?

I guess it's official becouse all out DVD stores have it and our official EMI distributor would not allow bootlegs (they are very strict).

http://i4.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/d0/31/5687_1.JPG

and the label is not Masterplan as it goes with Live in Rio DVD and Live in Japan DVD. I guess it's something called WOW records or something.

edit: I'm very sorry... i found that there are already posts about this dvd on the forum http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=1084523 so my entry can be deleted.

Snefru user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 29 Feb 08, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all.

I have this DVD (silver pressed).
I can tell you the following.
It's the VHS on DVD, but not sure made out from video or laser disc. (This concert has earlyer been released on LD in Japan, and In think in US to).
NTSC DVD
No menue. (But, tracks are splitted).

Could have been a ok DVD instead of the VHS.
But,picture and sound are not in sync the last 20-25 minutes. So, this made this DVD not really interested.

All in all, a cheap production.

Let's hope Queen production released the FULL set in not to fare future. With bonus documentary from the HOLE magic tour.

Snefru
www.queenonstage.com

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 29 Feb 08, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you for that information Long John Silver :) Because of the sync problem, I think I will wait for Queen's version :)

This cover sure looks nice though.