Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > A request to the moderator to ban Mike aka "Gym Bitch"

forum rss feed
Author

josedequeso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 08, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Most of the people reading this know the user Gym Bitch. I don’t feel I need to point out the numerous and essentially spiteful and hate-filled posts this man has perpetrated on QZ over the years, but I will in fact do so, later in this post. He is a parasite on this site, he lurks through all threads waiting for a mention of an mp3/flac debate and then posts his antiquated views on the matter, with the intention of inciting another long, drawn out thread. Over the past year, QZ has become a better site, as far as quality goes, the majority of sharing is in flac with more and more lineage conscious members joining who care about these recordings. But there are still some old-school QZers who feel it necessary to spam the board with their outdated views. This group of old-school QZers is led by Gym Bitch. He is without question, the most belligerent, rude and outright ignorant person who posts on a regular basis in the announce forum. Regardless of his position on the never-ending mp3/flac debate, he is a troll. This can not be denied. He has gone out of his way, numerous times, to incite “riots” on QZ.

Here is some light reading of the spam and utter bullshit this troll has been spewing for the last few years: (sorry, I had to use the old forum to find the older threads)
http://www.queenzone.com/queen/forum/topic_view.asp?Q_FORUM_ID=4&Q_FORUM_NAME=Sharing+The+Music+%2D+Announce&Q_FORUM_TOPIC_ID=1057521&TOPIC_SUBJECT=mp3+links+deleted
http://www.queenzone.com/queen/forum/topic_view.asp?Q_FORUM_ID=4&Q_FORUM_NAME=Sharing+The+Music+%2D+Announce&Q_FORUM_TOPIC_ID=1057518&TOPIC_SUBJECT=Serry+%26+Gym+Bitch+to+Wed
http://www.queenzone.com/queen/forum/topic_view.asp?Q_FORUM_ID=4&Q_FORUM_NAME=Sharing+The+Music+%2D+Announce&Q_FORUM_TOPIC_ID=1055930&TOPIC_SUBJECT=cologne+79+very+incomplete+mp3
http://www.queenzone.com/queen/forum/topic_view.asp?Q_FORUM_ID=4&Q_FORUM_NAME=Sharing+The+Music+%2D+Announce&Q_FORUM_TOPIC_ID=1055567&TOPIC_SUBJECT=Announce%3A++Edinburgh+1%2D9%2D76+flac

And who could forget his classic “flac nazi” thread. (On any other forum with any sense of pride, he would have been gone within minutes of that thread)
http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=891015

And more recently:
http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=1087153
http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=1086916
http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=1086912

Don’t bother pointing out the irony of myself posting in the wrong forum, I’m well aware of it already. Mike, if you’re reading this (20 bucks says you are, since you are the token troll in the announce forum) get a life, get another hobby, and find another site to spam. I recommend going to presence, yeeskul, or genesis-movement and push your views there, and see how long you last.

I believe this user is a classic example of a troll and a spammer. I give out a simple request to the moderator, (whomever that is, I’ve yet to come across one here) ban Mike Van, aka Gym Bitch, aka Rip Van Winkle and rid us of this parasite on what would be a decent site.


Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 08, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Mike is banned those who abuse him on every thread he starts will need to be banned too. Would you you fit into that category by any chance?


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
josedequeso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 08, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

If Mike is banned those who abuse him on every thread he starts will need to be banned too. Would you you fit into that category by any chance?

No, because I'm not a spammer nor am I troll. I wonder if you even read my post, or took a look at the links. If you had, I doubt you would have posted defending your "martyr" for the mp3ers. I am not taking into account his views on mp3 (which is fine by me) I'm reffering to HIS badgering of pro lossless members.

josedequeso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 08, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

double post

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 08, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

josedequeso wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

If Mike is banned those who abuse him on every thread he starts will need to be banned too. Would you you fit into that category by any chance?

No, because I'm not a spammer nor am I troll. I wonder if you even read my post, or took a look at the links. If you had, I doubt you would have posted defending your "martyr" for the mp3ers. I am taking into account his views on mp3 (which is fine by me) I'm reffering to HIS badgering of pro lossless members.


Mike is not a spammer or a troll. He gets abuse because he shares mp3s. On every thread he starts it doesn't take long for "spammers and trolls" (to use your langage) to start givng him abuse. If I were to look through the website would I find that you were one of those abusing Mike? Simple question: a yes or no answer will do.


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
TimBHM user not visiting Queenzone.com
TimBHM
Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 08, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to say I've been largely unimpressed with many of his recent posts but I think we have an opportunity to do more than ban one user.

I personally have no interest in mp3s and wish they would disappear up their own backsides. Bob is right when he points out that the Queen trading community is light years behind others in terms of lossless sharing and accurate lineages.

Things have seemed to be taking a turn for the better lately - lots of super quality concerts with full lineage info. The culmination of lots of hard work from many different people. I know we all would want to thank them for their tireless efforts.

I am concerned that an increase in mp3 trading is just going to piss the lossless traders, tapers and hoarders off to the point where they'll stop sharing.

Maybe the answer is for a mod to pull all the mp3 posts from the boards and finally ban all mp3s rather than Gym Bitch?

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 08, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think anyone who uses the phrase "Pro Lossless" should be banned for taking themselves too seriously.

Mike has been forced into this position by the berating of others. How, in the great scheme of things, this issue can result in such violent reaction is beyond me.

And to paraphrase SirGH from another thread not too long ago, aren't there more important things to get one's proverbial panties in a wad?


DJ's the man we love the most
josedequeso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 08, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

josedequeso wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

If Mike is banned those who abuse him on every thread he starts will need to be banned too. Would you you fit into that category by any chance?

No, because I'm not a spammer nor am I troll. I wonder if you even read my post, or took a look at the links. If you had, I doubt you would have posted defending your "martyr" for the mp3ers. I am taking into account his views on mp3 (which is fine by me) I'm reffering to HIS badgering of pro lossless members.


Mike is not a spammer or a troll. He gets abuse because he shares mp3s. On every thread he starts it doesn't take long for "spammers and trolls" (to use your langage) to start givng him abuse. If I were to look through the website would I find that you were one of those abusing Mike? Simple question: a yes or no answer will do.

I see where you are going with this, and I'll take the high road. You simply want to insult other members of this board and not accomplish anything, like you have done in so many other threads recently.

Good luck with whatever you are trying to accomplish, you're doing a hell of good job.

And to answer your question, yes. And he deserved every bit of it.

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 08, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

josedequeso wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

josedequeso wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

If Mike is banned those who abuse him on every thread he starts will need to be banned too. Would you you fit into that category by any chance?

No, because I'm not a spammer nor am I troll. I wonder if you even read my post, or took a look at the links. If you had, I doubt you would have posted defending your "martyr" for the mp3ers. I am taking into account his views on mp3 (which is fine by me) I'm reffering to HIS badgering of pro lossless members.


Mike is not a spammer or a troll. He gets abuse because he shares mp3s. On every thread he starts it doesn't take long for "spammers and trolls" (to use your langage) to start givng him abuse. If I were to look through the website would I find that you were one of those abusing Mike? Simple question: a yes or no answer will do.

I see where you are going with this, and I'll take the high road. You simply want to insult other members of this board and not accomplish anything, like you have done in so many other threads recently.

Good luck with whatever you are trying to accomplish, you're doing a hell of good job.

And to answer your question, yes. And he deserved every bit of it.


Nice attempt to change the subject but let's get back to your attempt to have Mike banned shall we?

So yes you have insulted mike and so if he is banned you should be banned too, right?


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 08, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

josedequeso wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

If Mike is banned those who abuse him on every thread he starts will need to be banned too. Would you you fit into that category by any chance?

No, because I'm not a spammer nor am I troll. I wonder if you even read my post, or took a look at the links. If you had, I doubt you would have posted defending your "martyr" for the mp3ers. I am taking into account his views on mp3 (which is fine by me) I'm reffering to HIS badgering of pro lossless members.


Mike is not a spammer or a troll. He gets abuse because he shares mp3s. On every thread he starts it doesn't take long for "spammers and trolls" (to use your langage) to start givng him abuse. If I were to look through the website would I find that you were one of those abusing Mike? Simple question: a yes or no answer will do.


In fairness, he gets abuse because of the way he puts his message across, and he IS heading towards spam with the number of them.

However, there's no need to ban him for it - why make a WUM into a martyr?

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 08, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree he is a bit of a wind-up merchant. But if that is his only fault, then fatty, you, me and a hell of a lot of others should be banned too.




"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 08, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But it's not his only fault...

josedequeso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 08, 21:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

josedequeso wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

josedequeso wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

If Mike is banned those who abuse him on every thread he starts will need to be banned too. Would you you fit into that category by any chance?

No, because I'm not a spammer nor am I troll. I wonder if you even read my post, or took a look at the links. If you had, I doubt you would have posted defending your "martyr" for the mp3ers. I am taking into account his views on mp3 (which is fine by me) I'm reffering to HIS badgering of pro lossless members.


Mike is not a spammer or a troll. He gets abuse because he shares mp3s. On every thread he starts it doesn't take long for "spammers and trolls" (to use your langage) to start givng him abuse. If I were to look through the website would I find that you were one of those abusing Mike? Simple question: a yes or no answer will do.

I see where you are going with this, and I'll take the high road. You simply want to insult other members of this board and not accomplish anything, like you have done in so many other threads recently.

Good luck with whatever you are trying to accomplish, you're doing a hell of good job.

And to answer your question, yes. And he deserved every bit of it.


Nice attempt to change the subject but let's get back to your attempt to have Mike banned shall we?

So yes you have insulted mike and so if he is banned you should be banned too, right?

I don't believe I tried to change the subject. I only threw in some background information about yourself and then I answered your question. I have insulted Mike in the past, and anyone with any intelligence could see he had it coming. The ol' cliché phrase applies here, "Don't call anyone a nazi if you don't want to have your balls busted."

Since I answered your "simple question," maybe you can do the same for me. Do you think it was out of line for Mike to call us nazis, and do you think that alone was not justifiable for a banning?

Honestly, I just don't care anymore. If I may truly change the subject. I am a trader, and at a nice enough level of a trader to where I can get just about everything I want. I have plenty of stuff I'd love to share, but with attitudes like Mike's and the rest, it's going to stay here with me. Some other naive kid can share it with you ingrates. As far as I'm concerned, nothing I have will be on QZ if I have a say in it.

And regarding your phrase "attempt to have Mike banned," reread my first post and maybe you'll see I wasn't entirely forthright as I used some satire. I don't care whether or not he's banned. In fact, I wish he'd post more often, and the same goes for you. The more you attempt to defend your argument, the more your argument disintegrates.

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Mar 08, 04:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

josedequeso wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

josedequeso wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

josedequeso wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

If Mike is banned those who abuse him on every thread he starts will need to be banned too. Would you you fit into that category by any chance?

No, because I'm not a spammer nor am I troll. I wonder if you even read my post, or took a look at the links. If you had, I doubt you would have posted defending your "martyr" for the mp3ers. I am taking into account his views on mp3 (which is fine by me) I'm reffering to HIS badgering of pro lossless members.


Mike is not a spammer or a troll. He gets abuse because he shares mp3s. On every thread he starts it doesn't take long for "spammers and trolls" (to use your langage) to start givng him abuse. If I were to look through the website would I find that you were one of those abusing Mike? Simple question: a yes or no answer will do.

I see where you are going with this, and I'll take the high road. You simply want to insult other members of this board and not accomplish anything, like you have done in so many other threads recently.

Good luck with whatever you are trying to accomplish, you're doing a hell of good job.

And to answer your question, yes. And he deserved every bit of it.


Nice attempt to change the subject but let's get back to your attempt to have Mike banned shall we?

So yes you have insulted mike and so if he is banned you should be banned too, right?

I don't believe I tried to change the subject. I only threw in some background information about yourself and then I answered your question. I have insulted Mike in the past, and anyone with any intelligence could see he had it coming. The ol' cliché phrase applies here, "Don't call anyone a nazi if you don't want to have your balls busted."

Since I answered your "simple question," maybe you can do the same for me. Do you think it was out of line for Mike to call us nazis, and do you think that alone was not justifiable for a banning?

Honestly, I just don't care anymore. If I may truly change the subject. I am a trader, and at a nice enough level of a trader to where I can get just about everything I want. I have plenty of stuff I'd love to share, but with attitudes like Mike's and the rest, it's going to stay here with me. Some other naive kid can share it with you ingrates. As far as I'm concerned, nothing I have will be on QZ if I have a say in it.

And regarding your phrase "attempt to have Mike banned," reread my first post and maybe you'll see I wasn't entirely forthright as I used some satire. I don't care whether or not he's banned. In fact, I wish he'd post more often, and the same goes for you. The more you attempt to defend your argument, the more your argument disintegrates.


Background info. about me? Thank you for your enlightening comments. Now back to the subject again. So you weren't attempting to get him banned it was just satire? And yet you (and a few others) *apparently* took deep offence at Mike's comments about Flac-Nazis. Hmmmm. Can you put 2+2 together by any chance?

That's a couple of times now you have said I am pro-mp3 against flac. In fact, I don't think I have ever offered an opinion on the subject. My point is simply this: the site owner allows mp3 and Mike should not be abused for sharing mp3s. If those rules offend you then you are perfectly entitled to go elsewhee, or not share, etc. But those are site rules: you and other flaccers need to grasp that simple point. You have made your case numerous times and the owner still allows mp3. So who are the real spammers here: Mike, who points out that mp3 sharing is allowed, or the 'flaccers' who refuse to follow that rule, and


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Padilla user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Mar 08, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Walks in the door* *Waves*

Hello everyone, hows everybody doing??

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10070 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Mar 08, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He wasn't banned after his "flac nazis" thread, so I don't believe he will be banned now.

mogiggymo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 174 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Mar 08, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Joe, well done this whole mp3 thing from Gym Bitch is outvoted I think we're all agreed on lossless shares