Forums > Queen - General Discussion > The Cosmos Rocks: AWFUL album title.

forum rss feed
Author

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Mar 08, 21:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont think many Queen fans take this album seriously. Queen died when freddie died, this is something else, its not Queen.

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Gr8 King Rat user not visiting Queenzone.com
go Cubs go!
Gr8 King Rat
Bohemian: 423 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 08, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm still not convinced that that will be the name of the new album. Terrible if it is though...

i_luv_freddie 33987 user not visiting Queenzone.com
i_luv_freddie 33987
Champion: 67 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 08, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The cosmos rocks what hell the does it even mean
and i agree Queen died when Freddie died in 1991
yes i can admit it was nice when queen done the tribite show for Freddie
but now they should just give up or change their name from queen cause its not queen with freddie or john.

kimmi-kim
Russian Headlong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 08, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What the fuck are you on about. It's no worse than the Miracle or Hot Space. Who gives a shit what it's called. For all those fans still bitching 'oh it's not Queen without freddie' shut up you snobs. We know it's not the original line up but neither was Zeppelin last December, The Who are just Daltrey and Townsend now, Thin Lizzy do not have Phil Lynott and they recently toured. Get over it, don't be such snobs plenty of bands still have much to offer even if they no longer have their classic line ups, Queen in 2008 are not he same but why shouldn't half the original band still play the music, what is the alternative, tribute bands!

"Give it to me one more time!"
Treasure Moment

Posted: 29 Mar 08, 22:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i_luv_freddie wrote:

The cosmos rocks what hell the does it even mean
and i agree Queen died when Freddie died in 1991
yes i can admit it was nice when queen done the tribite show for Freddie
but now they should just give up or change their name from queen cause its not queen with freddie or john.

Exactly, all they are doing now is ruining the incredible legacy as the greatest band on earth EVER.

Freddie Mercury is God

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Treasure Moment

Posted: 29 Mar 08, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Russian Headlong wrote:

What the fuck are you on about. It's no worse than the Miracle or Hot Space. Who gives a shit what it's called. For all those fans still bitching 'oh it's not Queen without freddie' shut up you snobs. We know it's not the original line up but neither was Zeppelin last December, The Who are just Daltrey and Townsend now, Thin Lizzy do not have Phil Lynott and they recently toured. Get over it, don't be such snobs plenty of bands still have much to offer even if they no longer have their classic line ups, Queen in 2008 are not he same but why shouldn't half the original band still play the music, what is the alternative, tribute bands!

you seem to be stupid enough to not understand that Freddie was the heart of Queen and the heart has stopped.

Freddie Mercury is God

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 08, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Russian Headlong wrote:

Great post. But don't even bother trying to reason with "Treasure Moment" or his two friends here. He's a broken record, brick wall, and a(n often robotic) closed mind all in one. Look... watch what will happen when he replies:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Exactly, all they are doing now is ruining the incredible legacy as the greatest band on earth EVER.

Says who? You? The future can't change the past, so nothing will happen to your precious "legacy" that seems to validate your entire experience. As for your "greatest band" claim, even Queen themselves (and just about every other rational person in the world) accepts that if there is one group of entertainers who hold the torch for all others in their field to follow, it's The Beatles.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 01:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May is Queen.

He can do whatever he wants with the band he created 40 years ago... the name... is just that... a name... and Brian worked harder for Queen that any other member... and still does.

The name of the album? it´s just a name... like someone else said: what about "the miracle", "hot space"... even "the game".... or the worst of all "Mr Bad Guy" hahaha..

And what about the song title? When "Bohemian Rhapsody" saw the light most people would think: WTF????...

Get away tossers...

Queen rocks!
masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 01:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BTW.. you´ll be the first to buy it xD

Queen rocks!
ana_libra user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to agree with mr. masterstroke, what he hell does it matter what the name is? Did Queen care about the label, cathegory? NO. It's the contents that are important. And I doubt any of us should be disappointed with it in case you leave freddie where he belongs and let the music LIVE. Hearts and ears.
Also you keep forgetting one simple thing while discussing the greatest band ever topic - every band that has an army of fans as its support IS the greatest band ever! At least for those fans. And it's normal. Not the two perceptions of the world are the same. Same is in music. So, for TReasuremoment they are the greatest, and if he wants to believe that at least he knows what he wants to believe in. Comparing and charting doesn't lead anywhere coz no one has the right to be the judge...

ana_libra user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 02:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry, first line - what The hell

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 02:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mrjordy wrote:

When Queen + Paul Rodgers first appeared, I was ecstatic. Finally, my favorite band (minus two important characters) was touring. I saw Q+PR live and I loved it. It was the thrill of a lifetime. When album rumors started circulating, I was a bit excited over that possibility, too.

Ok, so, I've read on several credible websites that the name of the album shall be The Cosmos Rocks. What a terrible fucking album title. Brian May clearly came up with that one. As if rambling on and on about outer space on his website's soapbox isn't enough. Whatever. Brian's interests are his interests and I respect that, but to give an album such a silly name is just outrageous. And by the way, C-lebrity!? Awful song title. Just awful.

I am quickly losing interest in Q+PR and regaining my interest in Queen, with Freddie Mercury.

That was a tantrum. You're way overreacting to a title that isn't the album title. Officially the album is untitled. So relax. Save your tantrum for when there's something to legitimately bitch about.

And I'm sure "Radio Ga Ga" didn't sound like a super-terrific song title either. Wait til you hear it before you decry its quality.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 02:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Russian Headlong wrote:

For all those fans still bitching 'oh it's not Queen without freddie' shut up you snobs.

"Go and fuck yourself!" to you from all those fans who're still bitching 'oh it's not Queen without freddie'. And then go and listen to your fucking new version of Thin Lizzy.

I like QZ for such arguments like "shut up", "fuck off", "get over it", "you moron" etc. it brings some stability in our discussions, some kind of firmness that you're right...

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 03:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Um bohemian rhapsody strange title yes but is it a great song? i rest my case if you understand,IF AND IT'S A BIG IF it's called the cosmos rocks then great it'S what inside that counts.

But saying that i had a thought that if brian may said to the public " guys and gals here's a competition to name the new album and the winner will get free tickets, backstage access etc... i'm sure that would be great.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 03:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gr8 King Rat wrote:

I'm still not convinced that that will be the name of the new album. Terrible if it is though...

"Surely the name of the live album isn't Rock Montreal?"
"That cover must be a mock-up that Play.com made?"
"Say It's Not True can't be any indication of how the new album sounds like."

I have a news flash for anybody who hasn't been following around the Queen world this millennium:

For one reason or another their creative output has regressed to the level of a 16-year old Dutch bootlegger (no offence to the Dutch). The titles are cliched, the artwork is horrible, and the music is amateurish to say the least.

Prepare to be rocked indeed!

ANAGRAMER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 675 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 04:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Being objetive about it, the title is meaningless.
I don't actually think it matters that much but a bit more imagination would have been nice.
Let's hope they change it!
Remember Freddie's solo album was going to be called 'Made in Heaven' until weeks before production - nothing's set in stone yet....

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 04:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

I like QZ for such arguments like "shut up", "fuck off", "get over it", "you moron" etc. it brings some stability in our discussions, some kind of firmness that you're right...

You forgot "FACT"

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As for the topic itself; there's probably a dozen 'better' titles that could be given to the new album, but I'd rather have something that wasn't guessed on Queenzone. It'd ruin the surprise.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Treasure Moment

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 06:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Russian Headlong wrote:

Great post. But don't even bother trying to reason with "Treasure Moment" or his two friends here. He's a broken record, brick wall, and a(n often robotic) closed mind all in one. Look... watch what will happen when he replies:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Says who? You? The future can't change the past, so nothing will happen to your precious "legacy" that seems to validate your entire experience. As for your "greatest band" claim, even Queen themselves (and just about every other rational person in the world) accepts that if there is one group of entertainers who hold the torch for all others in their field to follow, it's The Beatles.

Dont make me laugh, the beatles is NOWEHRE near Queens level. Its like comparing an amateur shit band with Queen. The beatles is just hype, not actual good musicians. Queen is on a another level, like 1 million times better in every aspect.

Freddie Mercury is God

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3668 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 08, 06:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Russian Headlong wrote:

Nobody is saying they shouldn't tour, its the fact that they are called Queen that people dont like.