Forums > Personal > Charlton Heston dead at 84

forum rss feed
Author

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Apr 08, 01:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080406/charlton_heston_080406/20080406?hub=CTVNewsAt11

Am not sorry this guy is dead, personally.

I hated him a lot after watching his interview on "Bowling for Columbine". He was a real asshole.

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 08, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah he seemed like a schmuck, and he was an over-actor. Laura Branigan and Brad Renfro were bigger losses.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 08, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=1095631

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp

Posted: 07 Apr 08, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Until you can tell me you marched with Martin Luther King in the 60's, then you aren't in a position to comment on his moral fiber I'm afraid.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
on vacation
Deacon Fan

Posted: 07 Apr 08, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never marched, but my uncle used to help him pick up whores.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 07 Apr 08, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

J7 wrote:

Are you kidding? He was a beefcake, he didn't need help picking anything up.

Beefcake, BEEFCAKE!

on vacation
Deacon Fan

Posted: 07 Apr 08, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haggis McShagPants wrote:

J7 wrote:

Are you kidding? He was a beefcake, he didn't need help picking anything up.

Beefcake, BEEFCAKE!

That's very true, however being in the public eye, discretion was needed whenever he desired a whore, or a little boy, or that one time with the rottweiler.

Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 08, 21:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><FONT SIZE=4>inu-liger</b> wrote:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080406/charlton_heston_080406/20080406?hub=CTVNewsAt11

I hated him a lot after watching his interview on "Bowling for Columbine". He was a real asshole.

You can't really judge anyone by what you see in a Michael Moore film. That's kind of like judging Hitler solely by what you see in Triumph of the Will, but worse.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
bobo the chimp

Posted: 08 Apr 08, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very true, if I judged Budd Dwyer on the basis of what I'd seen in a Michael Moore movie, I'd say he was guilty!

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 08, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><FONT SIZE=4>inu-liger</b> wrote:

'Bowling For Columbine' manipulates and exaggerates to make certain people look bad. It's a well done documentary, but it twists reality to show partial truths and single perspective views.

By no means I'm a supporter of the NRA. I believe in the right people have to defend themselves, but that doesn't mean we should give a gun top every common citizen, and that's pretty much what the NRA wants.

Now back to the topic of Charlton Heston, he was a brilliant actor.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 08, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Obviously some of you haven't realised, you donate your brain to science AFTER your death, not before...

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
bobo the chimp

Posted: 08 Apr 08, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Obviously some of you haven't realised, you donate your brain to science AFTER your death, not before...

This could easily apply to you. Either you're some kind of fence-sitting type, or you actually have an opinion on Charlton Heston.
Do you feel like sharing??

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 08, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, gang, I watched Omega Man last night... hadn't seen it in a while. It may have horrible dialogue, terrible costumes, horrendous production design, but Charleton Heston was THE MAN.

Yeah, he waved a few rifles around, shot up the place, but he saved civilization.

So if you're gonna judge him for the NRA / Mike Myers thing, at least you could thank him for THAT and the fact that he destroyed the world (with James Fransiskus) after it was overrun by primates.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 08 Apr 08, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember a girl on Gordon Street.