Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ZURICH ’78 - April 30 1978 (FLAC)

forum rss feed
Author

RoyThomasBaker user not visiting Queenzone.com
RoyThomasBaker
Bohemian: 312 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Apr 08, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi, got this on a trade, thought of sharing with you, fellow Queenzoners. Got no more info but what’s mentioned below. I have uploaded it on Rapidshare so… take your time :) (Maybe someone will be so kind to torrent this or send it through Mediafire for the ones who don’t like RS).

Date: 1978.Apr.30
Venue: Hallenstadion, Zürich, Switzerland
Quality: Very Good
Size: 705 Mb

Disc 1

1. We Will Rock You (slow & fast)
2. Brighton Rock
3. Somebody To Love
4. Death On Two Legs
5. Killer Queen
6. Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy
7. I'm In Love With My Car
8. Get Down, Make Love
9. The Millionaire Waltz
10. You're My Best Friend
11. Spread Your Wings

Disc 2

1. It’s Late
2. Now I'm Here
3. Love Of My Life
4. ' 39
5. My Melancholy Blues
6. White Man
7. Guitar Solo
8. The Prophet's Song
9. Stone Cold Crazy
10. Bohemian Rhapsody
11. Keep Yourself Alive
12. Tie Your Mother Down
13. We Will Rock You
14. We Are The Champions
15. Audience
16. Sheer Heart Attack
17. Jailhouse Rock (cut)
18. God Save The Queen

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GIJVEEL2  
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NGTJXT1K  

Funny how the pages turn and hold us in between.
Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 08, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! didn´t have this one!
moito obrigado !

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 00:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenlive.ca/queen/78-04-30.htm

Which source is this? Is it a compilation of 2 or 3 sources?

Of all shows, this one really needs proper labelling.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
maggiko foka user not visiting Queenzone.com
maggiko foka
Bohemian: 273 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 03:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

can you please reupload these to rapidshare.com; i cannot connect to rapidshare.de

http://rapidshare.de/files/39080875/01_We_Will_Rock_You__Slow___fast_.flac.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/39081126/08_Get_Down_Make_Love.flac.html

ThanXaloT
Stefano

Luanda Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com
Luanda Queen
Rocker: 40 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Txs very much

Guild84BHM1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Torrent please?

RoyThomasBaker user not visiting Queenzone.com
RoyThomasBaker
Bohemian: 312 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maggiko foka wrote:

can you please reupload these to rapidshare.com; i cannot connect to rapidshare.de

http://rapidshare.de/files/39080875/01_We_Will_Rock_You__Slow___fast_.flac.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/39081126/08_Get_Down_Make_Love.flac.html

ThanXaloT
Stefano

OK, here they are:

http://rapidshare.com/files/106701637/01.flac.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/106701464/08.flac.html

Funny how the pages turn and hold us in between.
patronus87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Exist the torrent file?

maggiko foka user not visiting Queenzone.com
maggiko foka
Bohemian: 273 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THANXXXXXXXX !

TimBHM user not visiting Queenzone.com
TimBHM
Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent! Thanks RTB!

The Real Wizard

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok... it's a combination of three sources, all high gen.

Honestly, the fact that about three people here care about this kind of stuff might as well mean this place doesn't deserve to hear the transfers of the master copies. Flame me all you want, but it's the honest truth. In the history of this website, how many tapers have come rushing here to share their master recordings, knowing the Queen community will appreciate them for what they are? Feel free to discuss this, but the answer is zero. Thank goodness a few of them have flogged out to Dime and TTD.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Roy !
And Thanks a lot Bob for the explanation. Do we have more details about these three sources ?

Regards,

Olivier,
France.

wanna trade ?
Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 204 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Honestly, the fact that about three people here care about this kind of stuff might as well mean this place doesn't deserve to hear the transfers of the master copies. Flame me all you want, but it's the honest truth. In the history of this website, how many tapers have come rushing here to share their master recordings, knowing the Queen community will appreciate them for what they are? Feel free to discuss this, but the answer is zero. Thank goodness a few of them have flogged out to Dime and TTD.

Bob, I'm interested! :-) Probably because the best source come from Marino, a friend of mine who (lucky devil) saw (and record) them in Zurich... Every post written by you (even it's for posting some compilation or some great release or for commenting some) are like a bible for me, and for many others I'm sure! :-)

Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R.

P.S: the "Marino tape" can't be high generation because saw the light of the day in 2002/2003 and (i think) was spread only on cds (the "generation" is only for tapes, right?)

You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says: I've just whipped you ass!!

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!
The Real Wizard

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 17:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I just feel a bit pessimistic when I see topics like this. Of course I know a few people like you do care. And to be positive, at least this share was lossless.

The main source of this version here is at least 1-2 tape generations from the master (Marino's). Much of the clarity of the master isn't there.

Details of the three sources are on my website.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 08, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for sharing.

Take care

on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 08, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

You are absolutely right.

There are some great examples: Vancouver'78, Portland'74. That are 2 incredible Queen recordings that emerged the last 2 years and they both first appeared at TTD and dime. You would expect these here. There are other examples(London'84 shows).

We should think about what other recordings might exist! Because of our sloppy attitude we don't get these. If changing the rules here would give us more(even if it was only 1 show), it would be worth it.

I recently listened to Vancouver'78 and I was so happy that that show came out. It's fantastic and there might be more....

I'm a die-hard Queen fan but I also love other music and the thing I sometimes read is: 'Queen is an amazing band but such a shame the Queen collectors sit on their recordings'. I also got the impression there are many Queen fans very focussed on Queen and not interested in other music. Just trying to get as much Queen as possible(even without being really interested in the actual music on it). Then I wonder, is that a sign of love for the music? I don't think so.

on my way up
vivequeen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 327 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 08, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERCI BEAUCOUP

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 08, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R. wrote:

Bob, I'm interested! :-) Probably because the best source come from Marino, a friend of mine who (lucky devil) saw (and record) them in Zurich...

That lucky devil :-)

the "Marino tape" can't be high generation because saw the light of the day in 2002/2003 and (i think) was spread only on cds (the "generation" is only for tapes, right?)

CD(r) to CR(r) copy is lossless in ideal conditions, but often there are a lot of digital copy errors, that's why cdr generations are prohibited on most sites

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 08, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on my way up wrote:

I'm a die-hard Queen fan but I also love other music and the thing I sometimes read is: 'Queen is an amazing band but such a shame the Queen collectors sit on their recordings'.

When I hear or read something like this I imagine James Hettfield screaming "Sad But True"

I also got the impression there are many Queen fans very focussed on Queen and not interested in other music.

And a bunch of teenage girls obsessed with Queen members, especially Freddie and Roger

Just trying to get as much Queen as possible(even without being really interested in the actual music on it). Then I wonder, is that a sign of love for the music? I don't think so.

No, it's a sign of a mental illness called "collectorship" :-)

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 08, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RoyThomasBaker wrote:

Hi, got this on a trade, thought of sharing with you, fellow Queenzoners. Got no more info but what’s mentioned below.

"Got no more info but what’s mentioned below"

RTB shares what he has and he says he does not have any info. Why bash the sharer who offers what he has? Should he invent a lineage?

No need to hijack this thread with the old "I want the lineage and TTD is so much better" tirades. No need to bash other people who collect what they want the way they want. I really would like to know who is the "mentally ill" part here.

There is no such thing as *the* "Queen community", we all have our priorities and interests. We have our friends and our "net locals" and you cannot control what people do on the net. Even EMI is unable to contain their unreleased material, so how do you expect to tell people what they can do on QZ, the hub, emule and elsewhere - it's impossible. When a fan does not know the generation of the recording he received - does that mean he does not like the music? And if I copy a CD-R to another CD - am I destroying the joy another fan gets from his CDs? I think not.

It would be nice if people relaxed a bit and remembered that Queen music is a hobby and should be fun. There is a very unnecessary hostility which is really bad for the sharing spirit.

I do not want any google ads here.