Queen are included in the attractions of The Hard Rock Park, set to open in May in Mrytle Beach, South Carolina.
The Hard Rock Park is said to be the world’s first rock ’n’ roll theme park, and will feature over 40 attractions, with 5 roller coasters, on 140 acre site.
A night-time laser/fireworks show themed on Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody,” is expected to be announced, according to Screamscape. Check out the park map and you will also see an area titled "Kind of Magic" - and The Queen's Head pub.
The main attraction of the park will be “Led Zeppelin - the Ride,” a 155-foot-tall steel roller coaster, named by Jimmy Page, who picked “Whole Lotta Love” to be played as riders hurl through six loops and rolls at speeds of up to 65 mph. “Midnight Rider” roller coaster is dedicated to Southern rock, and will run inside a building styled as a haunted old sawmill. Other attractions include a stunt show, a hip-hop-themed midway, a country ice show, a “Pinball Wizard” arcade and an amphitheatre.
Tickets most days will be $46, free for children under 3.
LA TIMES gives the follosing preview report:
26 December 2007
What do you get when you mash together the Moody Blues, Led Zeppelin, Bon Jovi, Queen and the Allman Brothers? Hard Rock Park, the first major regional theme park of the decade.
The $400-million rock ‘n’ roll theme park in Myrtle Beach, S.C., opens in April 2008 with more than 40 rides and attractions (check out the webcam).
Here are the highlights of the 140-acre park, which will be divided into five musical lands:
Rock & Roll Heaven
* The 4,000-foot-long, 150-foot-tall Led Zeppelin: the Ride looping steel coaster features a “Whole Lotta Love” soundtrack
* Reggae River Falls water play area
* Maximum RPM coaster with a Ferris wheel-style lift
* All the King’s Horses carousel
* Magic Mushroom Garden airboat ride
* Punk Pit bounce house
Lost in the ’70s
* A laser, smoke and special effects-laden Nights in White Satin dark ride featuring the Moody Blues song
Born in the USA
* Slippery When Wet water-themed suspended coaster featuring a Bon Jovi soundtrack
* Shake, Rattle ‘n’ Rollercoaster for the kids
* Hard Rock Live amphitheater
* Midnight Rider coaster featuring the Allman Brothers song
* Heavy Metal Graveyard automobilejunkyard
* Icehouse concert theater
Living Life on Life's Terms