Champion: 74 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 08, 13:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What do you think about him?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 08, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good bass player who needs to shave his peaky beard off and change his the glasses'n'doo-rag style.

Mab Meddows Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
*The Black Queen*
Mab Meddows Mercury
Champion: 91 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 08, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with Serry.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 08, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I personally like the fact that I know nothing about him. I just don't care. If they went in the direction of actually replacing John Deacon and having a bass player with chops or character, in the way they've picked a new singer, then I'd give a shit.
As I see it he's just hired help. He's not even on the album, is he?

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
redspecialusa user not visiting Queenzone.com
redspecialusa
Bohemian: 228 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 08, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yup, he's just a hired man. The new album is all Brian, Paul, and Roger. I think he's a gifted bassist; his original material is really experimental/progressive to me. I think for what he is as a hired man, he's doing a fine job!!

"Let us cling together as the years go by; Oh my love, my love.

In the quiet of the night,

Let our candle always burn;

Let us never lose the lessons we have learned." - Brian May
Russian Headlong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 08, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Plays with Blue Oyter Cult, can check them out on their june tour in the UK, very underated classic rock band, best known for Don't fear the Reaper, Astronomy, Godzilla.

"Give it to me one more time!"
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 08, 04:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Danny Miranda seems to be a genuinelly nice and friendly person who could not believe his luck when he was touring with Brian, Roger and PR in 2005/06. On the tour he won the hearts of the Queen fans with his unassuming friendly attitude. He seemed to have just as much fun as the fans. As to his performance I think he is a good bass player, nothing glamorous, just a decent, reliable musician.

I do not want any google ads here.

Bono Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 08, 06:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like him but give me John Deacon any day of the week.

And All I Can Do Is Surrender.
cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3040 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 08, 06:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like the fact that he stays faithful to John's bass parts. Could do with cleaning up his sound a bit to be a bit similar in tone to John's.

olly1988 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 159 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 08, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought that he was the one thing on the last tour that I didnt like. To me he took the 'Queen magic' everyone talks about, out of it. I never realised how much of an influence John had on Queen's overall presence until I saw them with Danny. It just didnt feel right.
I know this sounds silly, because everyone goes on with how Paul isn't right for Queen,and takes the 'Magic' away. But I was fine (more than fine infact) with Paul doing what he did. Just got a bit upset at how I wanted Deaky there!
Probably because we know Freddie can't be there, but know John is out there somewhere.

Canadian May Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 106 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 08, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From what I can tell, he's a fine bass player, but I can barely hear the guy! Someone needs to mix it better.

"I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I've got to find the will to carry on... The show must go on."
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 08, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I liked what he played, he was too low in the mix and what he did in RADIO GA-GA was absolutely brilliant- preferred that bass sounds to that horrible keyboards crap we are used to...
Very friendly, seemed genuinely happy to be there, no arrogance, no showing off, no posing... just honest musician, doing his job and enjoying the hell of of it... Sure we would all want Deacy but... being a realist, only few would be as good as Danny... I'd love to see them with John Paul Jones but hey, after O2 that'll NEVER happen ;)

Roger Meadows Tailor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 330 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 08, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's no John Deacon but he's an equally composite stand-in.

Memories my memories

How long can you stay

to haunt my days.
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 08, 02:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's a great bass player

gnomo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 743 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 08, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Danny Miranda seems to be a genuinelly nice and friendly person who could not believe his luck when he was touring with Brian, Roger and PR in 2005/06. On the tour he won the hearts of the Queen fans with his unassuming friendly attitude. He seemed to have just as much fun as the fans.

Fenderek wrote:

Very friendly, seemed genuinely happy to be there, no arrogance, no showing off, no posing... just honest musician, doing his job and enjoying the hell of of it...
Totally agree with both, I really like the guy. Musically speaking, of course he doesn't even try to equal John's clean, round and bouncy sound, but to my ear, FWLIW, he always did a very fine job.

--

Gnomo

(... any way the wind blows ...)
Queenrockyou user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenrockyou
Deity: 2013 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 08, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep, Danny is a fine bass player, listen to the some of the Blue Oyster Cult to know his musical background. Not similar to Queen music, but interesting prog rock, one of those bands who would have benefited from more exposure in my opinion.
Still a hired musician but I wonder if a second Queen + Paul Rodgers studio album was made if he will be hired or a full member of the band. To me, the second solution could be great, even if I'm not convinced he can write songs in the Queen mood, it seems he can very well play them this way... Definitely a great addition to the Queen live, wonder what it would do in studio... I would be ready for that !

Regards,

Olivier,
France.

wanna trade ?
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 08, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't understand the premise of Brian or Paul or Roger playing bass in the studio when they already play with a guy live.
It's stupid. They aren't bass players! They can probably play servicable bass, but they aren't bass players. There's a difference.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 08, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice guy, genuinely. Whipped his ass for about a half hour when I did a gig with BOC and Cheap Trick. I don't even think I mentioned his BOC job... but he didn't seem to mind at all. Gave me a few details about this year as well.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 08, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Nice guy, genuinely. Whipped his ass for about a half hour when I did a gig with BOC and Cheap Trick. I don't even think I mentioned his BOC job... but he didn't seem to mind at all. Gave me a few details about this year as well.

YOU did a gig with BOC and Cheap Trick ? Who are you ?

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 08, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just a hired gun in the right place at the right time...