Forums > Fan mixes > Alternate Brighton Rock

forum rss feed
Author

BowserB61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Apr 08, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.filefactory.com/file/493c8b/

After playing with the Brighton Rock tracks for a while, I decided to try to assemble it in a way I hadn't heard it before. However, it looks like I'm not the only one with that idea.

While its not truly an alternate take, its not really just a remix either, and if you are looking for a dance beat, look elsewhere. My main goal was to merely assemble the original tracks in the original order in a way that emphasized more discreet guitar parts and utilized parts that were left out of the original all together. You may also notice that the vocals have a "closer" sound to them, as I opted out of adding the reverb effect that is present on the album.

That being said, some apologies are in order;
1. the first and last 8 seconds of track are blank. I know exactly what it would have taken to cut it down, but I realized a little too late.

2. As the carnival noises were not part of the 24 track mix, what you hear at the beginning of this is merely a shameless crossfade from the album.

Is it Roy Thomas baker? No. Is it an fresh, interesting look at Brian May's masterpiece? I think so.

Enjoy.

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2254 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 08, 20:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice one, specially for me, who didn't get to hear the 24 track! Is it up somewhere at this point? I know it was around sometime ago but I criminally missed it, due to overwork :/

Good "alternate" mix, I was able to listen to some sounds I had never heard!

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows
Freddie May user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 08, 06:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very well done and quite interesting : thank you !

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 01 May 08, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

great mix, love it

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 03 May 08, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting to use all the different bits, but my only concern would be that the bass feels a bit flabby. My speakers shook some of the equipment in my room. Cut that out and it's a goodun!

Adam.

BowserB61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 05 May 08, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I noticed some of that when I used i speakers as well, but I thought it could have been my speakers. It was mixed using some headphones that are probably pretty lacking as far as bass goes, so I guess theres a good chance its in there too high.

alexxzazou user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 08, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

very good mix,thanx