Forums > Personal > Padre Pio's remains are intact

forum rss feed
Author

***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Apr 08, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352408,00.html


Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Apr 08, 14:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dont tell me you actually BELIEVE what fox news says? you are smarter than that arent you? im talking about the more important things.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Apr 08, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Dont tell me you actually BELIEVE what fox news says? you are smarter than that arent you? im talking about the more important things.


In other related news coming FOX News, Treasure Moment has just received 16 Grammy nominations.

...and yes, I believe that!


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Apr 08, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

xD


Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Apr 08, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Dont tell me you actually BELIEVE what fox news says? you are smarter than that arent you? im talking about the more important things.


In other related news coming FOX News, Treasure Moment has just received 16 Grammy nominations.

...and yes, I believe that!


its bands like mine who are the hope for music now as otherwise its pretty much DEAD


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Apr 08, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF66FF><b>Marial-B wrote:

xD


open up your eyes, you are living in a dream world if you actually believe the things fox news says


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 08, 01:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think 'intact' is a pretty loose term here. He looks like he's had a lot of work done, haha.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 08, 01:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

who cares about a filthy priest who is evil and just fools people into believing ridiculous "holy laws"?


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 08, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ooh... is talking the new Jesus Christ, the reencarnation of a rockstar who thinks Freddie is God... TM, you're even more lame than any catholic. I thought bringing this article would start a serious discussion about people who have faith or not. Just brought your "normal" comments about people being a fool or brainwashed. If all of us are like that, go to another forum asap. We would change your way of thinking and make you uncool like us, so please step aside and join your freaky world where everyone has the truth and it's not brainwashed, or join a group of these ones who congregates in a farm and commit massive suicides, it would be good for all of us to know where you're going after that, if you're going to heaven or to another planet.


Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 08, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF66FF><b>Marial-B wrote:

Ooh... is talking the new Jesus Christ, the reencarnation of a rockstar who thinks Freddie is God... TM, you're even more lame than any catholic. I thought bringing this article would start a serious discussion about people who have faith or not. Just brought your "normal" comments about people being a fool or brainwashed. If all of us are like that, go to another forum asap. We would change your way of thinking and make you uncool like us, so please step aside and join your freaky world where everyone has the truth and it's not brainwashed, or join a group of these ones who congregates in a farm and commit massive suicides, it would be good for all of us to know where you're going after that, if you're going to heaven or to another planet.


you didnt answer my question, who cares about a evil priest?


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 08, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF66FF><b>Marial-B wrote:

I thought bringing this article would start a serious discussion about people who have faith or not.


What did you think of this, Marial?

When I read the article, I could only shake my head. I think of all the energy that goes into 'worshipping' others, rather than worshiping the life we each have, is wasted energy. I think this world would be so much better if each of us thought about our mark on the world and lived our lives as if they mattered to everyone, not just to ourselves or to some supposed supernatural being.

It makes me sad - and angry, actually - that there is so much time and energy spent on whatever being is thought to be guiding/rewarding/punishing us. I don't know if this man, Padre Pio, inflicted his own wounds or if they existed naturally. Honestly, I don't care or believe there's some connection between him and a man who supposedly rose from the dead more than 2000 years ago. I prefer to think about what's happening today and how to make tomorrow better for our kids. In my perfect world, there wouldn't be religion to separate and incite us. There would be individuals sharing the same space for the same purpose, to live in THIS life, not because of the last or FOR the next.

JMO.



"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 08, 07:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

<font color=#FF66FF><b>Marial-B wrote:

I thought bringing this article would start a serious discussion about people who have faith or not.


What did you think of this, Marial?

When I read the article, I could only shake my head. I think of all the energy that goes into 'worshipping' others, rather than worshiping the life we each have, is wasted energy. I think this world would be so much better if each of us thought about our mark on the world and lived our lives as if they mattered to everyone, not just to ourselves or to some supposed supernatural being.

It makes me sad - and angry, actually - that there is so much time and energy spent on whatever being is thought to be guiding/rewarding/punishing us. I don't know if this man, Padre Pio, inflicted his own wounds or if they existed naturally. Honestly, I don't care or believe there's some connection between him and a man who supposedly rose from the dead more than 2000 years ago. I prefer to think about what's happening today and how to make tomorrow better for our kids. In my perfect world, there wouldn't be religion to separate and incite us. There would be individuals sharing the same space for the same purpose, to live in THIS life, not because of the last or FOR the next.

JMO.


Excellent post! I agree with you 100%

religion is for weak and dumb people who cant think logically.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 08, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

<font color=#FF66FF><b>Marial-B wrote:

I thought bringing this article would start a serious discussion about people who have faith or not.


What did you think of this, Marial?

When I read the article, I could only shake my head. I think of all the energy that goes into 'worshipping' others, rather than worshiping the life we each have, is wasted energy. I think this world would be so much better if each of us thought about our mark on the world and lived our lives as if they mattered to everyone, not just to ourselves or to some supposed supernatural being.

It makes me sad - and angry, actually - that there is so much time and energy spent on whatever being is thought to be guiding/rewarding/punishing us. I don't know if this man, Padre Pio, inflicted his own wounds or if they existed naturally. Honestly, I don't care or believe there's some connection between him and a man who supposedly rose from the dead more than 2000 years ago. I prefer to think about what's happening today and how to make tomorrow better for our kids. In my perfect world, there wouldn't be religion to separate and incite us. There would be individuals sharing the same space for the same purpose, to live in THIS life, not because of the last or FOR the next.

JMO.


These are the kind of post I like to read, not TM babbling stuff as always.

I do respect your opinion. I have other perspective about faith. I do believe there's a God or something stronger in this Universe that keeps us believing. About this kind of stuff, I can say I come from a catholic family, I went to a catholic school for some part of my life, and I just see these things and they're respectable for the people who have some kind of faith in it. I think that's part of God's way to do things. If it's true or false, I don't know, but then are things that can't be proven not even by science, that are a "mystery".


Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 08, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF66FF><b>Marial-B wrote:


I do respect your opinion. I have other perspective about faith. I do believe there's a God or something stronger in this Universe that keeps us believing. About this kind of stuff, I can say I come from a catholic family, I went to a catholic school for some part of my life, and I just see these things and they're respectable for the people who have some kind of faith in it. I think that's part of God's way to do things. If it's true or false, I don't know, but then are things that can't be proven not even by science, that are a "mystery".


I'm what some might call a 'recovering catholic'. ;-)

I was raised catholic and my family is very religious, so I understand what you're saying. And certainly do respect it.

What upsets me is when people sacrifice their own happiness or that of others in the name of their religion. If faith gives a person peace and comfort, then great. Seriously. But many take it too far. I can just imagine the hordes of people flocking to see the body of this man who has been dead for so many years. Why? It's like when the pope came to New York. Millions had to be spent on security because of all the people who wanted to see him. And why did they want to see him or cry when 'he' looked at them? They said they felt blessed, one person even said she felt 'touched by God'.

I don't know. Can't they feel touched by God by looking at a stunning landscape or beautiful sunset? Wouldn't "god" like it if people were simply kind to one another... even if they didn't fall to their knees and pray to him?

Sorry Mari, that's probably more than what you were looking for.



"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



Lady Nyx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1172 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 08, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i havent seen the story yet but...

i see it as a pragmatic thing. if it [religion, a leader, an authorative figure] works for someone, and makes them happy, why change that? it may very well be a form of guidance that makes sense to them. as long as theyre not hurting anybody, who cares?

if one is an exteremist, clearly one is insecure about something, and i hope they would find something that works for them. ultamitly we dont know whats out there, so if we feel comforted by something, we can go thru life withou that worry, at least.

usually exteremists are just fooling themselves anyway. they lose their points after a while. i understand the moment of passion, but at least back things up. nobody has to agree on anything, but it helps to see all sides of the story, to at least understand all parts. itll get yo uthinkin 'hey, maybe theres another good answer here'. so everybody wins.

but that is unrealistic.


sorry, carry on :-p


"why pay the visit when the visit is free?"
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 08, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lady Nyx wrote:

i havent seen the story yet but...

i see it as a pragmatic thing. if it [religion, a leader, an authorative figure] works for someone, and makes them happy, why change that? it may very well be a form of guidance that makes sense to them. as long as theyre not hurting anybody, who cares?

if one is an exteremist, clearly one is insecure about something, and i hope they would find something that works for them. ultamitly we dont know whats out there, so if we feel comforted by something, we can go thru life withou that worry, at least.

usually exteremists are just fooling themselves anyway. they lose their points after a while. i understand the moment of passion, but at least back things up. nobody has to agree on anything, but it helps to see all sides of the story, to at least understand all parts. itll get yo uthinkin 'hey, maybe theres another good answer here'. so everybody wins.

but that is unrealistic.


sorry, carry on :-p


its not just extremists, religion separates people into "we" and "them" and starts conflicts, just look at israel. Religion is such an evil stupid shit idea and i cant believe grown up people actually believe in these ridiculous fairy tales, people are damn stupid!

they should just throw aways all their silly "holy books" and listen to all gods peopl and that no one knows shit about what god wants us to behave or not just the possibility that there is higher force out there, call it god or whatever.

Now playing Queen-all gods people


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 08, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

<font color=#FF66FF><b>Marial-B wrote:


I do respect your opinion. I have other perspective about faith. I do believe there's a God or something stronger in this Universe that keeps us believing. About this kind of stuff, I can say I come from a catholic family, I went to a catholic school for some part of my life, and I just see these things and they're respectable for the people who have some kind of faith in it. I think that's part of God's way to do things. If it's true or false, I don't know, but then are things that can't be proven not even by science, that are a "mystery".


I'm what some might call a 'recovering catholic'. ;-)

I was raised catholic and my family is very religious, so I understand what you're saying. And certainly do respect it.

What upsets me is when people sacrifice their own happiness or that of others in the name of their religion. If faith gives a person peace and comfort, then great. Seriously. But many take it too far. I can just imagine the hordes of people flocking to see the body of this man who has been dead for so many years. Why? It's like when the pope came to New York. Millions had to be spent on security because of all the people who wanted to see him. And why did they want to see him or cry when 'he' looked at them? They said they felt blessed, one person even said she felt 'touched by God'.

I don't know. Can't they feel touched by God by looking at a stunning landscape or beautiful sunset? Wouldn't "god" like it if people were simply kind to one another... even if they didn't fall to their knees and pray to him?

Sorry Mari, that's probably more than what you were looking for.


I know what you mean. I think some people change the concept of being "touched" as you call it. I brought this more 'cuz of the thought of showing the remains of a person who are intact, but there's a lot of people like this who are in the same condition and aren't the show for a group of people. But what you say is what I think a lot of people like us feel. So don't be sorry :)


Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
Lady Nyx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1172 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Apr 08, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

Lady Nyx wrote:

i havent seen the story yet but...

i see it as a pragmatic thing. if it [religion, a leader, an authorative figure] works for someone, and makes them happy, why change that? it may very well be a form of guidance that makes sense to them. as long as theyre not hurting anybody, who cares?

if one is an exteremist, clearly one is insecure about something, and i hope they would find something that works for them. ultamitly we dont know whats out there, so if we feel comforted by something, we can go thru life withou that worry, at least.

usually exteremists are just fooling themselves anyway. they lose their points after a while. i understand the moment of passion, but at least back things up. nobody has to agree on anything, but it helps to see all sides of the story, to at least understand all parts. itll get yo uthinkin 'hey, maybe theres another good answer here'. so everybody wins.

but that is unrealistic.


sorry, carry on :-p


its not just extremists, religion separates people into "we" and "them" and starts conflicts, just look at israel. Religion is such an evil stupid shit idea and i cant believe grown up people actually believe in these ridiculous fairy tales, people are damn stupid!

they should just throw aways all their silly "holy books" and listen to all gods peopl and that no one knows shit about what god wants us to behave or not just the possibility that there is higher force out there, call it god or whatever.

Now playing Queen-all gods people



...thats what i meant by exteremists. they ruin it for the rest of us :-p

and again, with your thinking it sends you into that exteremist sect of how 'people shouldnt believe in god' or whatever. its your opinion, fine. but its that attitude that is forced on others who may believe in 'god' that makes you no better than the ones who force you to believe in god or kill people and separate families and loved ones from each other because people believe differently.

religion is fine and dandy for some people. its not really my thing. im spiritual, and have my beliefs. but personally, i dont need a religion to help guide me thru life. some people just do, and theres nothing wrong with that. it gives them a sense of comfort and understanding, and even sometimes guidance, so why take that away from them?

its the exteremists (in ANY form) that make things miserable for everyone else, and gives a bad name to religion which is probably what you have seen. it doesnt mean EVERYONE who has a belief in a 'god' is like that. that was my point earlier.



"why pay the visit when the visit is free?"
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Apr 08, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone better get this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Tanzler

Get him there to Padre right away.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Apr 08, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lady Nyx wrote:

Treasure Moment wrote:

Lady Nyx wrote:

i havent seen the story yet but...

i see it as a pragmatic thing. if it [religion, a leader, an authorative figure] works for someone, and makes them happy, why change that? it may very well be a form of guidance that makes sense to them. as long as theyre not hurting anybody, who cares?

if one is an exteremist, clearly one is insecure about something, and i hope they would find something that works for them. ultamitly we dont know whats out there, so if we feel comforted by something, we can go thru life withou that worry, at least.

usually exteremists are just fooling themselves anyway. they lose their points after a while. i understand the moment of passion, but at least back things up. nobody has to agree on anything, but it helps to see all sides of the story, to at least understand all parts. itll get yo uthinkin 'hey, maybe theres another good answer here'. so everybody wins.

but that is unrealistic.


sorry, carry on :-p


its not just extremists, religion separates people into "we" and "them" and starts conflicts, just look at israel. Religion is such an evil stupid shit idea and i cant believe grown up people actually believe in these ridiculous fairy tales, people are damn stupid!

they should just throw aways all their silly "holy books" and listen to all gods peopl and that no one knows shit about what god wants us to behave or not just the possibility that there is higher force out there, call it god or whatever.

Now playing Queen-all gods people



...thats what i meant by exteremists. they ruin it for the rest of us :-p

and again, with your thinking it sends you into that exteremist sect of how 'people shouldnt believe in god' or whatever. its your opinion, fine. but its that attitude that is forced on others who may believe in 'god' that makes you no better than the ones who force you to believe in god or kill people and separate families and loved ones from each other because people believe differently.

religion is fine and dandy for some people. its not really my thing. im spiritual, and have my beliefs. but personally, i dont need a religion to help guide me thru life. some people just do, and theres nothing wrong with that. it gives them a sense of comfort and understanding, and even sometimes guidance, so why take that away from them?

its the exteremists (in ANY form) that make things miserable for everyone else, and gives a bad name to religion which is probably what you have seen. it doesnt mean EVERYONE who has a belief in a 'god' is like that. that was my point earlier.


I understand what you are saying and you are right about extremists but its not just them. Religion in general separate people instead of uniting them. It also puts them in mind prisons and dictates how they must live their lives and gives them false hope.

Most people just pass on their religion from parents to child and the child gets brainwashed into believing in this stuff.

If 1 religion is right then it automatically means that the others are wrong which means that billions of people are living their lives by following a false religion. In reality all of them are false because they are just man written books, nothing holy about them and no one knows what god wants or if there is even a god.

im just saying people should be critical to these things and not just swallow everything they say to them.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463