Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen Tonight!!!

forum rss feed

Rotwang user not visiting

Bohemian: 296 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Apr 08, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm so excited because I'm going to the movie theater where my sister works in Indianapolis tonight to watch the Deep Purple/Queen double feature. It will be awesome to see them on the big screen with amazing sound. Just wanted to share.

"You Can Be Anything You Want To Be"
carboengine user not visiting

Royalty: 1283 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Apr 08, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YES! I saw it last night in Oakdale, Minnesota (a suburb of St. Paul.) The ticket through Fandango was only $10. There were three of us in the audience, and the other two were there primarily for Deep Purple. Purple came on first for about 1-1/2 hours - a concert from the Montreaux Jazz Festival 2007. And then came We Will Rock You from Montreal in the early 80's. QUEEN on a big theater screen - it was fabulous! (even though I have watched my WWRY dvd many times.) The sound, of course, was so much better than anything I have at home. I could really hear the subtleties in Freddie's voice. Beautiful, of course.

I had not seen this concert/movie advertised anywhere. Perhaps it was on, but I don't check in as often as I used to. My friend works at a public radio station, and they get all kinds of news announcements, entertainment and otherwise, so she told me about it. It seemed like it was a one-night, USA nation-wide blitz. I know it was showing at about ten theaters in my area. It is a super way to see a concert - any concert. If any Queenzoners know of this happening again (any Queen concert would be terrific!), please post it.

It was great fun!

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.