Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > rolling stone interview

forum rss feed
Author

Jeff Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 May 08, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/05/01/in-the-studio-queen/?rand=12418

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 02 May 08, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's scary ain't it

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 02 May 08, 05:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'“We reference him every day. He always really enjoyed Paul’s work. He used to have a go at me in the studio when I tried to have him sing bluesy stuff. He’d say, ‘Brian, you’re trying to make me fucking sound like Paul Rodgers, and I can’t do it!’”'

Ahem... In reality Freddie have said him 'Dr May, CBE, you're trying to make me fucking sound like the greatest vocalist ever, my all time fave singer, my hero and inspiration since The Hectics' days, the genius Paul Rodgers, and I can't do it! Dismiss me from the band!'

olly1988 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 159 posts

Posted: 02 May 08, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im looking forward to hearing what the harmonies sound like with Paul Rodgers. I cant believe a vocalist of his standard has such a vague knowledge of vocal Harmonies!

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 02 May 08, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

'“We reference him every day. He always really enjoyed Paul’s work. He used to have a go at me in the studio when I tried to have him sing bluesy stuff. He’d say, ‘Brian, you’re trying to make me fucking sound like Paul Rodgers, and I can’t do it!’”'

Ahem... In reality Freddie have said him 'Dr May, CBE, you're trying to make me fucking sound like the greatest vocalist ever, my all time fave singer, my hero and inspiration since The Hectics' days, the genius Paul Rodgers, and I can't do it! Dismiss me from the band!'

You have my profile image... !!!

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 02 May 08, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good news about having a song that sounds as if it came from Sheer Heart Attack. Hmm.

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18628 posts

Posted: 03 May 08, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

olly1988 wrote:

Im looking forward to hearing what the harmonies sound like with Paul Rodgers. I cant believe a vocalist of his standard has such a vague knowledge of vocal Harmonies!

Just because it's not his style doesn't mean he doesn't have a knowledge of it. And even if he didn't, who cares? Not all good music requires harmonies.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts

Posted: 05 May 08, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Music is harmony, whether it is vertical or horizontal harmony, and that's partially where Brian and Rodgers were trying to get at, I think.

The limits of one's understanding of harmony are the limits of his understanding of and capacity to make music.

Maybe 4:33 doesn't. lol That's why John Cage got bashed by Schoenberg, by the way, it's interesting: because he couldn't understand harmony beyond a certain point. And Schoenberg got annoyed and told him: "outta here, I won't teach you anything anymore".

lol

Yara