Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: 26TH, OCTOBER, NAGOYA, 1982, MEDIAFIRE, STARK REMASTER

forum rss feed
Author

Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 May 08, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just came from the swimming pool, I'm just an ordinary girl...lazying on a sunday afternoon!
But soon, and sadly, I should be back to schooooooool...
*laugh*

Well, first, let's give the word for those who have something to say:

"Stark wrote:


Here's my 'remaster' of this show. Sorry for the delay in getting it going. It seems a few people are interested - thanks for all the feedback.

Please bear in mind I've done this for my own use, so if anyone's got anything unpleasant to say please do it somewhere else.

For the nerds: files were equalised with Har-bal (equalisation only) then through Waves denoise, de-hum and L2 limiting plugins in Wavelab. Sounds a bit scary, but no dynamic range has been lost, and the denoising was minimal - i'm monitoring through Mackie HR824s in an acoustically treated room. What has been lost in processing is hopefully gained in the improvement in sound.

Good luck!

Then he added: "Oops! This is 26 October 1982 at Kokusai Tenjijo, Nagoya, Japan. Many thanks to the original uploader."

Ordinary girl back:

So:

Venue: 26 October, 1982, Nagoya, Japan.
Source: ? (would be Action and More Action, by HeartBreakers label, according to the artwork provided by Stark) > ? > Stark Remaster with Har-Bal and Waves denoise > You.

The artwork which accompained the upload was the one from the HeartBreakers' release. Stark didn't state it that it came from Heartbreakers' release, or that it was lossless, mainly because he'd never think that an idiot like me would ask whether the artwork matches the files and the file size matches the quality, which is obviouslly the case, but I'm just doing it in the hope of having Stark talk more about the concert and the remaster, cause I like his comments very much.

STARK ROCKS!

And thanks to the original uploader, whoever he is and wherever he is by now in this wicked, and poverty and violence-stricken world, and I promise you, Queenzoners, that'll get rid of all this, because I get the hope in my gut! (Yara Obama, speech to Queenzoners, 05/25/2008)

The reasons for sharing:

1) I love Stark's remasters - THANK YOU VERY MUCH STARKER AND THE ORIGINAL UPLOADER (do you who uploaded this one originally, Stark?)
2) There are no seeders;
3) Even if there were, there are people who can't use torrents;
4) Here are the MediaFire Links;

By the time, Stark didn't provide the setlist, probably because the raw version had just been shared, though I was unable to find it.

Fortunately, the setlist is in the artwork, so:

CD1

1) Flash Gordon
2) Rock It
3) We Will Rock You
4) Action This Day
5) Play the Game
6) Calling all Girls
7) Now I'm Here
8) Put Out The Fire
9) Dragon Attack
10) Love of My life
11) Keep Yourself Alive
12) Save Me
13) Get Down, Make Love
14) Brian May's Guitar Solo

CD2:

1) Body Language
2) Under Pressure
3) Fat Bottomed Girls
4) Teo Torriatte
5) Crazy Little Thing Called Love
6) Bohemian Rhapsody
7) Tie Your Mother Down
8) Another One Bites The Dust
9) We Will Rock You
10) We Are the Champions
11) God Save The Queen (the best among all songs)

Part1: http://www.mediafire.com/?414idvjvd00
Part2: http://www.mediafire.com/?jyuydezjiul
Part3: http://www.mediafire.com/?mi4dfenxy1g
Part4: http://www.mediafire.com/?in0ym1tntsl
Part5: http://www.mediafire.com/?tt9xzochddm
Part6: http://www.mediafire.com/?5p1xuxzdwlm
Part7: http://www.mediafire.com/?y1j1t1lyb91
Part8: http://www.mediafire.com/?jgmmbnxxgyi
Part9
+art: http://www.mediafire.com/?gjuesztjj3m
info
patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?m0myd5jynmr

And PEOPLE (now I'm the ordinary girl again, not Yara Obama), ENJOY!

NOW [YARA CRAWLING ON EVERYBODY'S FEET), PLEASE, I BEG YOU, DO NOT CONVERT TO, NOR SHARE IN, THE FILES IN MP3 OR OTHER LOSSY FORMAT, UNLESS IT'S FOR YOUR OWN PRIVATE USE, IN WHICH CASE YOUR FAMILY ITSELF SHOULD NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS SO WE CAN REDUCE THE RISKS OF THE FILES BEING CONVERTED TO LOSSY.

DON'T


Yara
riku2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 May 08, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let me be the first to thank you, Yara!

Riku

thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 May 08, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks a million for this, Yara. I love that Flash-Rock It-WWRY intro. It's not their best opening, in my mind, as Flash doesn't lend well to being followed by the meandering Rock It, but that transition to WWRY is very cool. You can tell by the fact that they reduced WWRY to a snippet (after trying to retire it entirely earlier in the tour) how tired they were of opening with it, and how hard they were trying to find something else that worked!


"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 May 08, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thunderbolt

Courtesy of God wrote:

Thanks a million for this, Yara. I love that Flash-Rock It-WWRY intro. It's not their best opening, in my mind, as Flash doesn't lend well to being followed by the meandering Rock It, but that transition to WWRY is very cool. You can tell by the fact that they reduced WWRY to a snippet (after trying to retire it entirely earlier in the tour) how tired they were of opening with it, and how hard they were trying to find something else that worked!


lol. Right! I agree. I like this opening too, and I'm so glad you commented on it.

You know, there's also another song I always thought would give a very good opening: "Death on Two Legs". I don't know if it's me, but I find it a very strong, powerful song both on the lyrics and on the musical aspect. Brian's initial chords are haunting, and sound very threatening even and big, so it's create for creating tension.

The tension would be briefly released with Freddie's piano, but I thought lights could be just on Brian up until Freddie begins to sing - that all gets illuminated and the audience can see the whole band.

The audience, however, would still be not totally nuts because Freddie would be a bit away, on the piano, so it's good for maintaing and building up the expectation.

Then, as a bridge to Brian's soloing, they could go in with We Will Rock you and from then on perform the gig.

Or, if they didn't feel like play WWRY, then it could be Death on Two Legs briding to Keep Yourself Alive, which is in the set: now, that'd be a hell of an intro!

And it'll sound great musically because in Keep Yourself Alive Brian keeps modulating to D during the chorus and that would fit quite well with what would have come before, which is Death on Two Leg's soling and attacks.

And it'd be a good contrast: DEATH on two legs, and then, Keep Yourself ALIVE. Hahaha. I think it'd be cool, at least.

Death on two legs has a different kind of vertical vocal harmony because it sounds much more like an attack - like big band's brass instruments attacks - invading the song, than part of the song itself.

So, it's, well, I think, and my opinion really doesn't matter at all in this regard, but I think it's a powerful, good song! It'd be a good match!

Then, if they had to play WWRY, they could glue the fast and slow together in the end: the slow would be like the end, the goodbye, when the crowd just release their energy and sing along.

And, really, Now I'm Here and Tie Your Mother Down, I love the songs, but they played it too much! I don't know, maybe some other songs could have made into the tour, the band, and especially Roger, was in great shape - and whenever Roger is in good shape, though it's not 100 % rule, Freddie is also, because singers, it has been my experience and many others', usually like to use the drummer as their reference - the fact is, the drummer has to be really reliable because otherwise you have to appeal to the guitar player, which I find harder, especially if it's such a sophisticated, and resourceful guitar player as Brian.

One of the reasons I think Freddie sounds so good in Live Aid - incredibly so taking into account other gigs from the same tour - is not only the fact that they really went for it with a vengeance, but the fact that Roger's drumming was absolutely beautiful and powerful and even lyrical.

Hell of a drummer, sometimes, when I talk to friends who like rock n roll, I think he's very underestimated, sadly; the same goes for John Deacon, I think. And the way he used to intereact with Roger was amazing, I was listening to their gig in Argentina, the first one I guess, if you keep listening to both, it's mind-boggling, they improvise all around, do some beautiful variations on many of the themes, great soloings, it's good throughout, and they knock me out during Roger's solo.

WELL...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU FOR THIS REPLY, THANK YOU, THANK YO


Yara
stark user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 376 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 08, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, such kind words! Thank you - the cheque's in the post..

Marcus Gratianus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 08, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yara wrote:


And it'll sound great musically because in Keep Yourself Alive Brian keeps modulating to D...

Yara


Oi, linda. Escutei a música...você vê modulação, mesmo!? Você acha mesmo? No máximo uma nota de referência, sim, mas nenhuma modulação no sentido em que você sabe o que é uma modulação. rs Tudo bem, eu perdôo porque você é fã. Mas
acho que você está sendo generosa demais com seus ídolos.

As harmonias vocais da música "Death..." são feias, Yara...horríveis. Há dissonância e os naipes estão todos evidentes.

Ser fã é perder a crítica mesmo. rs

Beijos, te adoro muito, linda.

love


Jeder für sich und Gott gegen alle
thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 08, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know, I've actually thought about Death as an intro, and while musically it would work, I don't think it would logistically. The opener is the big, tone-setting number for the evening. A lackadaisical opener can absolutely ruin a setlist--look at the GnR Japan tour video for an example, where they use Nightrain (Nightrain? You've got all those high-energy, hard guitar songs to use, and you pick the sissiest of the bunch?!) as their opener.

Now, musically, Death On Two Legs doesn't have the "it sucks" problem that Nightrain does, but it would have another problem--think about all the openers the band has ever used. Every video example we have, Freddie is bouncing around on stage like a madman. It sets the tone for the evening. How's Freddie supposed to bounce around and engage the audience if he has a ridiculously challenging piano part to play?

I'll probably be in the minority here, but I believe pretty firmly that Dragon Attack would have been an excellent opener for the Hot Space tour. Have the synth opening from Play the Game lead into the cymbal and bass, and as Freddie does the "reds are red" part, the red lights come up, same thing for the greens, and then all the lights come up during the little guitar chorus ending with "dragon on my back". It's a low-key opener after years of the up-tempo WWRY, yeah, but it had more of the feel the band seemed to be after during the Hot Space tour anyway. Imagine you're a fan who hasn't heard Hot Space yet, you go to a Queen show, and they rock out the opener with Flash, The Hero, and TYMD/WWRY, then they make an abrupt left turn into synth-funk territory. WTF?! Dragon Attack may not be the hard-charging opener the band was used to, but it would have set the tone for the show a little more smoothly than the openers they ended up using did.

I also think Put Out the Fire would have made a pretty good opener for any tour (especially with the pyrotechnic possibilities--flames shooting up as Freddie yells "Put out the fire!" would have been cool to see), but that's an issue for a different thread. Mind creating it for me, Yara? ;)


"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 08, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting comments!

My opinion: they always made great choices in terms of the structure of their set(which was basically always the same, but of course from time to time with different songs). One of the things I find truly fantastic about Queen shows is the energy they are able to create from the first song on. And the fact they always choose an uptempo rocker is very important in that. I would never pick a song like death on two legs because like thunderbolt said, Freddie would not be able to make his big, energetic entrance that dazzles the audience from moment one.

But then again, few bands have a frontman that can look the audience in the eyes with total confidence like freddie. I really admire that about Freddie and I think the band themselves found it very important the first song was an energetic one. think about what they said to each other(deaf 'em, blind 'em and make them scream for more, or something along these lines) before the concerts and Roger's comments on the wembley DVD:-)


on my way up
Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 08, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[knocked out]

I agree with you guys.

Now you need to help me stand! lol


Yara
Double-U user not visiting Queenzone.com
Double-U
Bohemian: 835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 May 08, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Yara,

thank you for this share. It´s great to have another piece of that magical japanese tone.
Body Language wasn´t played so much so this recording is very nice to show how many multiple ways exuist to play songs live.

regards
W.

Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 May 08, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Double-U wrote:

Dear Yara,

thank you for this share. It´s great to have another piece of that magical japanese tone.
Body Language wasn´t played so much so this recording is very nice to show how many multiple ways exuist to play songs live.

regards
W.


Thank you, W., for the kind words, and thanks, of course, to Stark and the original uploader. I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Now it's time to go back to class, fun is over, but I'll return later, with a vengeance.

[devilish laugh]

lol

Take care!


Yara
RMT Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
RMT Fan
Bohemian: 264 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 08, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you for this!


---

http://rogertaylor.info

The Free Online Roger Taylor Fanzine "Manipulator"
robymacster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 71 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please repost part 5, I don't research to download!

Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

robymacster wrote:

Please repost part 5, I don't research to download!


Hi, robymacster!

It's working great here! Part 5 is working just fine. Let's wait a bit, ok? If it doesn't work for you at all today, I re-upload it, ok? Let's wait a bit. It happens sometimes.

*hug* Take care!


Yara
robymacster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 71 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 08, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Yara, I have any problems with mediafire.

fatoldsun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 79 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 08, 01:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks for this. :D been getting really nice speeds out of mediafire today! inexcess of 200kbs :D

robymacster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 71 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 08, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excuse me Yara, I don't really research to download part 5, my connection have any problems with mediafire. If you can repost this part on mediafire I thank you.

robymacster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 71 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 08, 03:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry, If you can repost part 5 on rapidshare I thank you

Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi there, Roby!

I downloaded the file - it's working just fine here! - and re-uploaded it to another account. Let's see if that works out for you.

I hope it does!

http://www.mediafire.com/?j29ioodjmwn

Tell me, ok? If that doesn't work, I think we'll have to wait a bit because you're likely having some problems with mediafire.

Good pink sunday! :-)))




Yara
robymacster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 71 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 08, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok Thank you very much Yara