Forums > Personal > Is Obama that fake!?

forum rss feed
Author

Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 May 08, 20:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't have anything to do with Barak Obama. In fact, I hate meddling with my uneducated guees in other countries' politics.

I didn't have anything to do with him until he spoke about Jews...and it sounded all so fake, phony, sentimental and childish that I really asked myself whether he sounds like that when he's talking about other issues! It's more of a question, really.

I know Jewish votes are important. But, I mean, I wouldn't vote for a guy who has no shame of sounding disgunstingly fake and opportunist!!!!

The rest of the interview makes some sense, it's ok, it's interesting, but did he have to say THIS:

"Sometimes I’m attacked in the press for maybe being too deliberative. My staff teases me sometimes about anguishing over moral questions. I think I learned that partly from Jewish thought, that your actions have consequences and that they matter and that we have moral imperatives. The point is, if you look at my writings and my history, my commitment to Israel and the Jewish people is more than skin-deep and it’s more than political expediency. When it comes to the gut issue, I have such ardent defenders among my Jewish friends in Chicago. I don’t think people have noticed how fiercely they defend me, and how central they are to my success, because they’ve interacted with me long enough to know that I've got it in my gut. During the Wright episode, they didn’t flinch for a minute, because they know me and trust me, and they’ve seen me operate in difficult political situations."

The gut issue? I've got it in my gut? My staff teases me sometimes about anguishing over moral questions?

I mean, come on. The rest of the interview is quite ok, but man, this sounds so pathetic in its opportunism and exaggeration.

So, I'm not qualified to - neither have the right of - talking about him as a candidate. But this declaration, why? I mean, as far as I'm concerned, it just makes for ruining his image. It's really like it's a living stereothype who's out there, a persona you can't really get into.

Ok, maybe all the politicians are like this, but, I mean, Bill Clinton, at least he sounded like a real person. So much that, you know...there was the scandal and stuff. lol

But this guy, it's as if it's pure persona and theatrics, it's how he sounds to me, at least.

Well, again, not talking about the merits of each candidate, just about this celebrity thing, even the presidential candidate became one, it seems!

Yara
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 25 May 08, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you are wasting your time on this election since all the candidates are just puppets of people behind the scene, the election is a JOKE!

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Posted: 25 May 08, 21:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This guy lied about almost all his own life history! I mean, lying here and there, that's usual, but this guy, it's as if the guy didn't exist, really, it's pure theatrics and persona, there's nothing there, I mean.

Again, I'm IGNORANT REGARDING POLITICS IN GENERAL, ESPECIALLY THOSE OF OTHER COUNTRIES SO I'M NOT JUDGING THE MERITS OF EACH CANDIDATE, but this guy, I mean, after the interview about the Jews, I tried to get some info on him, nothing radical, went to the mainstream sources, man...it's just that the guy doesn't exist!

Is it my impression or is he a total fake?

Maybe he turns out to be a great president, I'm not arguing about that.

It's more the theatrics I'm interested in.

Because Clinton seemed like a real person, there was the usual lying and stuff, but you know pretty much where the guy came from, he was quite straightforward about that, had his own ideas...there was theatrics, I guess, but, I don't know, as I little kid, when I used to watch the tv, I remember his image and he didn't sound so fake, but, again, I was a kid, it's childhood impressions, not very reliable anyway.

Now, this guy! Not that I'm much older now (lol) but he sounds totally fake regarding Jews.

My question is more or less like this:

Does he sound so fake and opportunist in all issues? Or the Jewish Question, so to say, is different?

It's more a question and an expression of how baffled I got by reading the interview!

Yara
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 26 May 08, 07:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Still, I think he'd make a better president than Clinton or that old dude.

And who cares, all politicians lie!

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 26 May 08, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The thing about Obama is inexperience.

A more experienced politician would know how to balance enthusiasm for what s/he wants to say with what s/he must say, so the peaks and valleys of passion and disdain are not so easily identified... so that lies and truth become indiscernable... to us AND to him or her.

THAT is the mark of a true professional, an experienced and worthy politician.

Obama is a mere babe still learning the ropes - a man not well respected by Europe because of his newbie status, a man who will not reforge our alliances as quickly as Clinton nor widen the rift as adeptly as McCain. But he's also a man who has yet to master the art of political deception. In time, he will indeed learn to master this, but for now he's flying on the high of that refreshing-for-some 'innocence' of character.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Marcus Gratianus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 26 May 08, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yara wrote:

I know Jewish votes are important. But, I mean, I wouldn't vote for a guy who has no shame of sounding disgunstingly fake and opportunist!!!!

The rest of the interview makes some sense, it's ok, it's interesting, but did he have to say THIS:

"Sometimes I’m attacked in the press for maybe being too deliberative. My staff teases me sometimes about anguishing over moral questions. I think I learned that partly from Jewish thought, that your actions have consequences and that they matter and that we have moral imperatives. The point is, if you look at my writings and my history, my commitment to Israel and the Jewish people is more than skin-deep and it’s more than political expediency. When it comes to the gut issue, I have such ardent defenders among my Jewish friends in Chicago. I don’t think people have noticed how fiercely they defend me, and how central they are to my success, because they’ve interacted with me long enough to know that I've got it in my gut. During the Wright episode, they didn’t flinch for a minute, because they know me and trust me, and they’ve seen me operate in difficult political situations."

The gut issue? I've got it in my gut? My staff teases me sometimes about anguishing over moral questions?

Oi, minha linda. Como você está? Refiz meu cadastro para acompanhá-la aqui, sempre que possível. Vi a gravação do recital e adorei, você já está muito longe, querida, não precisa ir muito mais longe. Estou orgulhoso.

Quanto ao Obama, bem, achei bem pior, para ser sincero, essa partezinha aqui, veja: "The point is, if you look at my writings and my history, my commitment to Israel and the Jewish people is more than skin-deep and it’s more than political expediency."

E é mentira. O passado dele é islâmico, suas ligações são com pastores fanáticos e o único pensamento judeu que ele deve conhecer, de tanto assistir desenho animado ou filme de ficção científica, é E=MC2.

Ele é inteiro mentiroso, inteirinho. Sou mais velho e posso te assegurar que suas impressões sobre o Clinton não são equivocadas, o cara ainda é alguém, tem algo ali de verdadeiro. Este Obama é uma mentira, um ficção do começo ao fim. Assisti recentemente a um dos seus discursos, é pavoroso.

Beijos, minha linda e talentosa Yara,

Tô com muito orgulho, mocinha!

Marcus

Jeder für sich und Gott gegen alle

Posted: 26 May 08, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Marcus Gratianus wrote:

Oi, minha linda. Como você está? Refiz meu cadastro para acompanhá-la aqui, sempre que possível. Vi a gravação do recital e adorei, você já está muito longe, querida, não precisa ir muito mais longe. Estou orgulhoso.

Quanto ao Obama, bem, achei bem pior, para ser sincero, essa partezinha aqui, veja: "The point is, if you look at my writings and my history, my commitment to Israel and the Jewish people is more than skin-deep and it’s more than political expediency."

E é mentira. O passado dele é islâmico, suas ligações são com pastores fanáticos e o único pensamento judeu que ele deve conhecer, de tanto assistir desenho animado ou filme de ficção científica, é E=MC2.

Ele é inteiro mentiroso, inteirinho. Sou mais velho e posso te assegurar que suas impressões sobre o Clinton não são equivocadas, o cara ainda é alguém, tem algo ali de verdadeiro. Este Obama é uma mentira, um ficção do começo ao fim. Assisti recentemente a um dos seus discursos, é pavoroso.

Beijos, minha linda e talentosa Yara,

Tô com muito orgulho, mocinha!

Marcus

"e o único pensamento judeu que ele deve conhecer, de tanto assistir desenho animado ou filme de ficção científica, é E=MC2." Hahahaha. Obrigada por vir, tá? :-)))) Estou esquisita no vídeo. :/ Risos. Agora tem um PM aqui (canto esquerdo) e você pode mandar mensagens privadas para mim. ;-))) PM user, canto esquerdo.

:-))))

Abraço.

Yara
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 26 May 08, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is Obama fake?

He's not even black.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 26 May 08, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate it when a Presidential candidate or politician is suppossed to kiss ass to a social, ethnic, religious, or racial group in particular.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
StoneColdClassicQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen
Bohemian: 775 posts

Posted: 26 May 08, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Is Obama fake?

He's not even black.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
hahahhaha that was great..
I go for Hillary cuz she's a girl..
i remember seeing a debate on tv involving those 2
it was weird and strangely exciting o.O

"When you make love to someone, use a condom."-Brian May

Paul Rodgers is Chuck Norris.
Charlie Brown user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlie Brown
Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 27 May 08, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello Yara. I noted Mr. Obamas 'fakeness' sometime ago. He claims to represent the difficult black experience in the USA, yet he was raised by his white mother and grandparents in a reasonably affluent setting as opposed to the conditions that many black people face living in the inner city ghettos. He claims to represent the politics of inclusion and tolerance yet associates himself with radical leftists who are anything but, including the pastor of his own church who is a racist and antisemite. He has also stated his willingness to negociate with the antisemtic regimes that control Iran and Syria without preconditions. That is why he has to make the patronizing 'Jewish friendly' statements such as the one you quoted in your original post.

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 27 May 08, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2007/10/20/obama-no-hand-heart-pledge-either-will-msm-notice

i didn't hate him before this but it seems obama's life is just an unraveling sweater to the public. That and he finds it difficult to put his hand over heart during the pledge of the united states because this country's pledge isn't the pledge closest to his heart.

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 27 May 08, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

StoneColdClassicQueen wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

Is Obama fake?

He's not even black.

well thank god you're too young to vote because that's just what we need ignorant women voting for anyone who has the same sex organs.

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 27 May 08, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Yara,
first off, don't bother trying to talk to Treasure Moment. In case you haven't noticed, he's not one to have any kind of logical conversation with.
Second, as Magical said, Obama is inexperienced. But he was trying to make a number of points in that speech. The biggest of which being that "He agonizes over decisions"; this runs contrary to the popular view of Bush, who simply makes decisions based on what he wants and damn the consequences (otherwise known as cowboy diplomacy: Shoot first, and ask questions later) The second point about him relying on his "gut instincts" is again a juxtaposition to the charges against Bush that he "should have let his gut instinct lead him, instead of formulating evidence to support the decision he'd already made". He's highlighting the differences between himself and Bush (and the Republican party by extension).
Thirdly, he is pandering. But he's a politician. That's what they do. Honestly, if they didn't pander to the public, the public would distrust them. But he's also a better speaker than either Hilary Clinton or McCain. McCain is funny enough, but he's too scripted. Hilary is just as scripted, and never says anything with feeling at all. Bill Clinton was a pretty good public speaker and portrayed a good image, but have you seen what he's said since he's been campaigning for his wife? That's the real Bill Clinton, and it's a complete power trip 180 from when he was in the oval office.
It is true that some of Obama's speeches come off as inexperienced; but that's the point. He's running on a campaign of change as a Washington outsider. If he sounded as scripted and professional as McCain and Clinton, then he wouldn't be able to show himself as a Washington outsider.

Formerly MHG

Posted: 27 May 08, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MasterHistoryGirl, thank you so much. I simply didn't have any context whatsoever, and was kind of naive in my approach too.

I love this board! Thank you so much, dear!

I have to admit that I'm ashamed of writing here because people are so knowledgeable...at the same time, I love it, because I learn a lot, like, today, Thunderbolt replied to a thread I had created and really gave me a lecture for free about Queen.

It's really a joy to be here, a priviledge.

Thanks to people like you guys!

Thank you so much, take care and good luck!

So, like, may I ask you one final question? lol I don't want to abuse of your patience. :op

Do you feel that there are significant differences among the candidate's take or views on the most important issues to the citizens? I don't even know what are the most important there for the U.S citizens! I'd like to know these things, to learn that, what do you people in general find important, and so on.

Well, don't want to waste your time - we Pmed and I know time is not on your side! - but, when time allows and you feel like doing so, I'd love if you commented on this.

I wish you the very best.

Ya'ra

Yara
StoneColdClassicQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen
Bohemian: 775 posts

Posted: 27 May 08, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sherwood Forest wrote:

StoneColdClassicQueen wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

Is Obama fake?

He's not even black.

well thank god you're too young to vote because that's just what we need ignorant women voting for anyone who has the same sex organs.

Sagging boobs make ALL the difference ;D
hahahah seriously, I don't know who to vote for. Everyone is getting on my nerves. Either way, whoever wins, our country is still pretty much screwed.

"When you make love to someone, use a condom."-Brian May

Paul Rodgers is Chuck Norris.
Charlie Brown user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlie Brown
Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 28 May 08, 02:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MasterHistoryGirl wrote:

Hi Yara,
first off, don't bother trying to talk to Treasure Moment. In case you haven't noticed, he's not one to have any kind of logical conversation with.
Second, as Magical said, Obama is inexperienced. But he was trying to make a number of points in that speech. The biggest of which being that "He agonizes over decisions"; this runs contrary to the popular view of Bush, who simply makes decisions based on what he wants and damn the consequences (otherwise known as cowboy diplomacy: Shoot first, and ask questions later) The second point about him relying on his "gut instincts" is again a juxtaposition to the charges against Bush that he "should have let his gut instinct lead him, instead of formulating evidence to support the decision he'd already made". He's highlighting the differences between himself and Bush (and the Republican party by extension).
Thirdly, he is pandering. But he's a politician. That's what they do. Honestly, if they didn't pander to the public, the public would distrust them. But he's also a better speaker than either Hilary Clinton or McCain. McCain is funny enough, but he's too scripted. Hilary is just as scripted, and never says anything with feeling at all. Bill Clinton was a pretty good public speaker and portrayed a good image, but have you seen what he's said since he's been campaigning for his wife? That's the real Bill Clinton, and it's a complete power trip 180 from when he was in the oval office.
It is true that some of Obama's speeches come off as inexperienced; but that's the point. He's running on a campaign of change as a Washington outsider. If he sounded as scripted and professional as McCain and Clinton, then he wouldn't be able to show himself as a Washington outsider.
MHG, Mr. Clinton supposedly agonized over radical muslim terrorism against his country but the only action he ever took against the terrorists was to destroy an aspirin plant in the Sudan and empty tents in the Afghan mountains with Tomahahk cruise missle stikes almost two weeks after the attacks against the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998. Somehow killing civilian workers in the aspirin plant which was supposedly producing chemical weapons for Al-Qaeda isn't viewed as "cowboy diplomacy" by leftwing academics.

Griffin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 28 May 08, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh snap! a West Virginia thread! well, Obama's just as trilateral as McCain or Clinton. Barack's lips are firmly planted on Jay Rockefeller's shoulders ;) compared to them, and Bush, Obama's a clean slate, and that's really his only asset. is a fake clean slate better than a real clean slate? depends on how it's used, and we all know the mindset is 'use it or lose it' ...so no, he's not THAT fake, but real close. November could even turn out like Reagan-Mondale '84.

and ya cant stop rockin
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 28 May 08, 08:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Charlie Brown wrote:

MasterHistoryGirl wrote:

Hi Yara,
MHG, Mr. Clinton supposedly agonized over radical muslim terrorism against his country but the only action he ever took against the terrorists was to destroy an aspirin plant in the Sudan and empty tents in the Afghan mountains with Tomahahk cruise missle stikes almost two weeks after the attacks against the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998. Somehow killing civilian workers in the aspirin plant which was supposedly producing chemical weapons for Al-Qaeda isn't viewed as "cowboy diplomacy" by leftwing academics.

Show me where I ever said that Clinton was perfect? I never said anything about Former President Clinton, besides the fact that he was a wonderful communicator (via speeches) who left the impression that he was a genuinely nice guy but who has since done a complete 180 since he left office and started campaigning for his wife. That is the only thing I said about the former president. Clinton is half to blame for the terrorist attacks on our country, because he saw Al-Qeada (know I can't spell that) developing but did nothing to stop it, as you indicated.
My point was that Obama was drawing a comparison between him and Bush, saying that contrary to what Bush seems to do (shoot first, as questions later and damn the consequences), Obama would take a decision like that to heart and agonize over it before ordering a strike. Clinton never even enters into that picture, as Obama has never compared himself with Bill Clinton and never will, even if he were to secure the nomination of the Democratic party.
There is also a difference between "cowboy diplomacy" and just plain making a mistake. You bomb an asprin factory you think is making weapons for the enemy once, you've just made a mistake. Bush has made a lot of mistakes; the difference between them is that Bush makes the same mistakes over and over and over again, and deliberately marginalizes people who try to point out to him that it's a mistake (foreign intelligence advisers who told him the charges against Iraq were shaky at best and false in all probability).

Formerly MHG

Posted: 28 May 08, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like you both, Charlie Brown and MasterHistoryGirl, I don't want to generate bitterness because of my silly post. Charlie, I must say I agree with MasterHistoryGirl because she addressed my doubt! :-)

MasterHistoryGirl, I think, was trying to point out the way Obama's speeches have been construed to be the exact opposite of pretty much everything that Bush symbolizes as far as foreign policy is concerned - she really addressed what I wanted to know, Charlie Brown, I don't think it's fair labeling her like that, she's far too smart and intelligent and beyond these labels.

I like you all guys, so, I hope, if the thread goes on, we can have a nice helpful discussion without these labeling and so on. I know it's hard when it comes to politics (lol), which generates a lot of passion, but I just wanted to know the strategy behind the speech-making, so to speak - how the speeches and the candidates are presented, and why they are presented the way they are presented to the voters, and to what extent there's any reality behind that person or whether it is pure speech, fake, opportunism, theatrics, you name it.

MasterHistoryGirl elevated the discussion, a lot, and I want to thank you very much again.

And, well, if you feel like doing it, and when time allows, I'd love you to comment on those doubts of mine, which are silly but I'd like to know that about all countries!

Thank you, Charlie Brown, Thank you, MasterHistoryGirl and thank you all.

Ya'ra

Yara