Forums > Personal > A song from the grave

forum rss feed
Author

Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 08, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As some of you may know 8 months ago Tose Proeski, a famous Macedonian singer, died in a car accident at the age of 26. He already earned his reputation as the most famous singer in that part of Europe and his next step was global music scene.

So he started with recordings of a new album which was entire on english. His dream was to introduce the rest of the world with his music as well as with the place where he came from. Many believed that he'll actually make it with the help of world's most famous producers, his powerful voice and unique charisma. But all his dreams and chances crashed on a last year's 16th October.

His death devastated not only his homeland but all the other countries of middle, south and south-eastern Europe. People knew that not only died a great talent but also a great person. He did a lot of charity work just for sake of good and not to promote himself (many of his charity work to help the others became known to the world after he died), he grew up in poverty and when he earned money all he did was buying a car for his dad who was always a big support for him as well as his mother and sister. All the other money went to the others who needed it more than him. He was also very religious and went in a church of his little hometown regularly and even helped to restore it for the future generations (that church is now restored but he didn't live long enough to see it in a final state). He never cared about who was atheist and who believed in something because his faith was goodness and that goodness didn't knew the differences between people. At the stage and in a interviews he was always in a good mood and treated others as they were his closest family and friends even when they asked him questions that would upset any other normal person. He simply didn't have that in himself and that's why he seemed as a baby in a body of a young man.

After he passed away many people cried for days, even weeks and many of them even cry today when they think of him. There are many (some of them are respected public people) who consider that he was part of the little group of people that are very few through the centuries but they leave their mark in a souls of the others and make them to believe in good. Those people are called saints.

And now, after 8 months, new single came out. A single from the album which was dedicated for global music scene; an album that Tose managed to finish before his sudden death. Watch it and try to think how it would be. If you look closely maybe you'll see in his eyes what died with him and left millions in crying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rWaSp63EAI

I'm sick of all my kicks.
***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 08, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The guy had a nice voice, too bad of his sudden death, like many others.

Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, a nice voice.

But a Saint??? For writing crappy music? I don't think so.

Spare.

And no, Ms. Rebel, I'm not picking on you. I just think one thread on this guy is enough, we've been there.

Ms. Rebel wrote:

If you look closely maybe you'll see in his eyes what died with him and left millions in crying.

Millions? Then how come he's never sold a million records?

Ms. Rebel

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Microwave, sugar I can open as much threads as I want and write about whatever I want. Yes, millions. Fans in Croatia, Macedonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Russia, Montenegro, Greece, Australia and some others are those millions.

Btw, he's not called "saint" because of his songs. If he was from USA you would know what I'm talking about.

And about his voice, you didn't hear nothing yet. Listen to this, the end is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpSgnIpcmVw&feature=related

paul rodgers 39611 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 40 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love him. Great live show.

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, "sugar", yes you can open all the threads you want. I'm all about free speech, but the MILLIONS thing is really laughable. Again, how many records has he sold?

When you say MILLIONS, I think of someone a little more mainstream, like Freddie, for example. I simply do not believe your claim, rather just my opinion based on research. This time, I used more than Wiki!!!

So why did you call him a Saint? Jeff Healey, Bo Diddley, even Harvey Korman were all very talented and recently departed. I don't think their musical or comedy careers earned them "wings".

But then, maybe Heaven is just one big rock concert that never ends.

Ms. Rebel

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Well, "sugar", yes you can open all the threads you want. I'm all about free speech, but the MILLIONS thing is really laughable. Again, how many records has he sold?

When you say MILLIONS, I think of someone a little more mainstream, like Freddie, for example. I simply do not believe your claim, rather just my opinion based on research. This time, I used more than Wiki!!!

So why did you call him a Saint? Jeff Healey, Bo Diddley, even Harvey Korman were all very talented and recently departed. I don't think their musical or comedy careers earned them "wings".

But then, maybe Heaven is just one big rock concert that never ends.

First of all, he didn't have to sold millions of copies to have millions of fans. Many of them don't buy cd's at all; they download music from the web or just are visiting his concerts. Same thing goes to the other artists (which are more famous than him). He was very big in this part of Europe and since you don't live here you can't understand that as I can't understand someone who is big just in USA.

When I'm talking about him as a "Saint" I don't think about his music talent. He was a very unique person with charisma that I haven't seen in any other artist even though I'm a big fan of all rock legends. To understand that you have to watch his concerts, listen to his interviews and watch documentaries after his death. Still, I do believe that anyone, it's not important from which place is he coming, can see that there's something in his eyes that makes him different from the others. Actually, you can read all that in my first post. While you were reading my first post you mixed his musical talent with his humanity and came to a conclusion that many consider him "Saint" for his musical talent which is absolutely wrong.

Plus, stop using clone accounts.

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will NOT stop using clone accounts.

Unless you stop talking about this guy forever. Deal?

My clones only appear when there has been some sort of disturbance in the force.

Ms. Rebel

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He was a very nobel man and almost childish innocent. His dream was to introduce world with his music and place where he came from. His dream died with him and I think that that's not fair. He's one of the last persons in show business to deserve that. He was a little light of change in this world of materialism. At least I can do is to introduce others with his work which is not only music.

Tose Proeski user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually, aside from a touch of Sinusitis, I've never felt better!

Ms. Rebel

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tose Proeski wrote:

Actually, aside from a touch of Sinusitis, I've never felt better!

He can't have problems with sinusitis because truck smashed his head.

http://www.fullscores.com/images/stories/learningcentre/artists/tose_3.jpg

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, then maybe I'm confused about this Greatest Man Ever To Walk The Earth.

Ms. Rebel wrote:

Introduce world with his music and place where he came from.

Not sure what you mean... Introduce the world to who and where? Well, I think we can find that information in an Atlas, if you buy a current one. Mine still says Yugoslavia.

Ms. Rebel wrote:

He was a little light of change in this world of materialism.

Huh? How so? And don't tell me to "listen and you'll see". We don't need another Treasure Moment.

Ms. Rebel wrote:

At least I can do is to introduce others with his work which is not only music.

So what, did he Golf? Apparently not a good "Driver". (Rim shot)

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ms. Rebel wrote:

He can't have problems with sinusitis because truck smashed his head.

http://www.fullscores.com/images/stories/learningcentre/artists/tose_3.jpg>

Actually, that looks like he'd have a hell of a case of sinusitis.

Ms. Rebel

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Well, then maybe I'm confused about this Greatest Man Ever To Walk The Earth.

Ms. Rebel wrote:

Introduce world with his music and place where he came from.

Not sure what you mean... Introduce the world to who and where? Well, I think we can find that information in an Atlas, if you buy a current one. Mine still says Yugoslavia.

Ms. Rebel wrote:

Huh? How so? And don't tell me to "listen and you'll see". We don't need another Treasure Moment.

Ms. Rebel wrote:

At least I can do is to introduce others with his work which is not only music.

So what, did he Golf? Apparently not a good "Driver". (Rim shot)

He didn't drive, he was on the passenger seat and he was the only one who did not survive. Driver and his manager in the back seat are okay now. As for what he did, other than music, again you haven't read my first post very well so here is the reprise just for you:

He did a lot of charity work just for sake of good and not to promote himself (many of his charity work to help the others became known to the world after he died), he grew up in poverty and when he earned money all he did was buying a car for his dad who was always a big support for him as well as his mother and sister. All the other money went to the others who needed it more than him. He was also very religious and went in a church of his little hometown regularly and even helped to restore it for the future generations (that church is now restored but he didn't live long enough to see it in a final state). He never cared about who was atheist and who believed in something because his faith was goodness and that goodness didn't knew the differences between people. At the stage and in a interviews he was always in a good mood and treated others as they were his closest family and friends even when they asked him questions that would upset any other normal person. He simply didn't have that in himself and that's why he seemed as a baby in a body of a young man.

Ms. Rebel

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here you can see how innocent person he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZBzQaJuesY

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*enters the thread*

Woah. o.O

*leaves the thread*

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ms. Rebel wrote:

again you haven't read my first post very well so here is the reprise just for you:

He did a lot of charity work just for sake of good and not to promote himself (many of his charity work to help the others became known to the world after he died), he grew up in poverty and when he earned money all he did was buying a car for his dad who was always a big support for him as well as his mother and sister. All the other money went to the others who needed it more than him. He was also very religious and went in a church of his little hometown regularly and even helped to restore it for the future generations (that church is now restored but he didn't live long enough to see it in a final state). He never cared about who was atheist and who believed in something because his faith was goodness and that goodness didn't knew the differences between people. At the stage and in a interviews he was always in a good mood and treated others as they were his closest family and friends even when they asked him questions that would upset any other normal person. He simply didn't have that in himself and that's why he seemed as a baby in a body of a young man.

Well, let's breakdown what you SAID he did.

1. He did a lot of "charity work".
2. He bought a car for his Dad
3. He bought a car for his Mom
4. He bought a car for his Sister
5. He gave the rest of his money away... every penny
6. He was very religious
7. He "restored a church" (no church name given)
8. He didn't care about athiests
9. He didn't care about people who believed in something
10. His religion was "goodness". (Never heard of that one)
11. He was always in a good mood
12. He treated rude reporters the same way he treated his "closest family"
(Isn't your closest family your Mom Dad and Sister? Did he buy those reporters cars?)

Sounds like a materialistic idiot to me. Perhaps he should have NOT given the money away and spent it on:
1. An agent
2. A songwriter
3. A safer car
4. life insurance policy

In fact, you might have "driven" it home better than me already:

Ms. Rebel wrote:

Ms. Rebel wrote:

all he did was buying a car for his dad who was always a big support for him as well as his mother and sister.

Now, if we could only get a fresh set of batteries for the Universal Translator.

Charlie Brown user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlie Brown
Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 08, 23:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Microwave is a bright guy, but sometimes he likes to agitate people for his own entertainment. Which is what he is doing in this thread. The girl thinks that poor guy who died in a car accident is the bees knees, so whats the harm. The jokes at his expense are in poor taste. Also Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore, they had that civil war remember? And her English is way better than our Serbo-Croatian.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 08, 01:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did he hit the same tree as Marc Bolan?

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Woodie user not visiting Queenzone.com
I'm with the band.
Woodie
Bohemian: 551 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 08, 04:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Tose was great, a shame he died so young.
As for Micrówave, do you get paid full time for being such a jerk?
And don't bother trying to 'fight' me, I'm old enough to know better.

The colours that you bring are the basis of everything.