Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Greece ??? :(

forum rss feed
Author

liakos9171 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jun 08, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please, can anyone tell me, why Queen won't play Greece in their upcoming tour?? We really want to see them and I don't think it is too difficult to play here.. Will they announce more dates during the summer or not? Please tell me whatever you know... :(
I would like so much to see them; I've been listening to Queen music, since I was 4 years old !

Peace to all of you

I Want Queen To Play Greece !!!
Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 08 Jun 08, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They won't play in Greece because it would cost them too much compared to the (expected) ticket sales.
It's as simple as that, and that's basically the same reason why they aren't playing 20 other European countries.

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2255 posts

Posted: 08 Jun 08, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

liakos9171 wrote:

Please, can anyone tell me, why Queen won't play Greece in their upcoming tour?? We really want to see them and I don't think it is too difficult to play here.. Will they announce more dates during the summer or not? Please tell me whatever you know... :(
I would like so much to see them; I've been listening to Queen music, since I was 4 years old !

Peace to all of you

If they don't play in your country, don't be sad. How far are you from the nearest place where they'll play? Less than 1200km? Than you are better off than me. Even though they are probably going to play gigs in my country (Brazil), none of them is expected to be nearer than 1200km from the capital, Brasília, where I live. So, in terms of distance, most Europeans are better of than me, even though their country is not listed.

I hope they'll play in your country, though. Good luck.

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows
steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 08 Jun 08, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I empathize with you, my friend. However, I live across the Atlantic Ocean and somehow I doubt they'll visit North America. But good luck anyway, I hope you see them!

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
WarQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 52 posts

Posted: 09 Jun 08, 03:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen will never come to Greece I am afraid :( And I think it has nothing to do with the tickets and the cost, since they have scheduled a gig in Serbia!

I believe the main reason for this is the fact that Queen were actually never been so popular in Greece, such as Rolling Stones, Beatles, U2.

A shame really...

Freddie akoma s' agapame! - Chris

The Show Must Go On Till The End Of Time
August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 09 Jun 08, 06:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WarQueen wrote:

Queen will never come to Greece I am afraid :( And I think it has nothing to do with the tickets and the cost, since they have scheduled a gig in Serbia!

I believe the main reason for this is the fact that Queen were actually never been so popular in Greece, such as Rolling Stones, Beatles, U2.

So, what you're saying saying is that it has nothing to do with the ticket sales. It's just the fact that Queen aren't popular in Greece. I must say, your reasoning confuses me. Ticket sales and popularity go hand in hand you know..

No popularity -> No audience -> No show!

gnomo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 743 posts

Posted: 09 Jun 08, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... no popularity -> no expected audience -> no expected profit -> no promoter willing to invest time and money in organising the show -> no show...

--

Gnomo

(... any way the wind blows ...)