Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > New Fan Cover: It's Late by M.A.D.

forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 08, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is another great Queen cover: It's Late by M.A.D.

M.A.D. are Mike Ryde, Aric Keith, and Derek Boone

Enjoy:)

The link:

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/stage_of_champions.aspx

I do not want any google ads here.

victor fleitas user not visiting Queenzone.com
victor fleitas
Bohemian: 209 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 08, 20:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wuau... I love this cover... the only thing I dont like, is AricĀ“s voice... he sings really great, and I have Downloaded a lot of his covers, but he do some kind of "vibratto" on his voice, and I really hate that... but everything else on his singing is beautifull... take that as one Constructive opinion... the instrumentation is really stunning... I love the guitar... the back vocals are really good too...

Congratulations to M.A.D for the cover...

vinou62 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 08, 01:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

great job !! the high notes are perfect.
Congratulations

Vinou

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 08, 06:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice track, this. The guitars are really nice throughout. Really like the solo part. Only thing was when the breakout bit started, the guitars were a little hidden at that bit. Shame, cause what I could hear (albeit low in the mix) was really nice.

Wondered where the bass was when the song first kicked in. Was a bit strange cause when the "It's Late" bit came in, I couldn't really hear any bass. Then when things settled down, I could hear it fine. Bit too high for a second at 2:33.

Thought the drums were nice and consistent. Nicely roomy sounding. Only bit that was a shame would be the breakout bit cause it played the same pattern over and over. I kept hoping a different cymbal would get hit!

Didn't like how dry the vocal was throughout. I guess I would also echo Victor's comment on Aric's vibrato/voice. Nice backing harmonies. Some flat notes (0:50secs) and break notes on the lead vocal (5:25).

Overall, the track is excellent, but seems a bit thin. Doesn't have much low-end. Another great cover for the Stage of Champions!

Adam.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 08, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pretty good, except the lead vocal was out of tune way too often.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)