Forums > Queen collecting and trading > QUEEN KILLER QUEEN

forum rss feed
Author

Shadysenator RHYE user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jun 08, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want to know if any one of you has this cd. It 's NOT the JAPANESE KOBE cd. It is a italian cd from early 90's containing several RAINBOW march 74, TOKYO 85, LONDON 75 and some unknown or unindintified sources. Some sleeve info can be found on : www.queenonstage.com

Can anyone of you give me more info about this relaese ?

It was released 1993-1994 a silver disc of course and a sticker (maybe a standard) on the jewel case.

Snefru can you post a link to the photo's ?

hi kya
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 08, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Sikke!

Long time no see! Nice to see you here again. How have you been?

I'm afraid I can't help you. Still in the trading business BTW?

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Posted: 19 Jul 08, 07:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And here is a link to some pic;s of the cd :

Can anyone give me more info about this one please?

http://www.queenonstage.com/mywebpage/killerqueen_italy.htm

hi kya
Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 454 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 08, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,
unfortunately I don't have it , but I know the release.
This was a huge collection of 100 cd, each dedicated to a great rock band from '60 and '70 with rare live tracks, released in 1993 in Italy by "Fabbri Editori", an italian editor, as a weekly issue called "I miti del rock live".
But I'm quite surprised to see this Queen cd because at that time I bought the first cd, and I was very disappointed when I saw that incredibly Queen was not listed in the plan.
But now I see that they obviously repaired the wrong and added Queen later!! ggrrrrrrr
BTW I don't know if this can be considered a bootleg, but it would be interesting to know the tracklist.

Bye!

Posted: 21 Jul 08, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Lazing....

Thanx for the info. The thing is i had this one in my collection for years and years, don;t recal how or where i got it from. I also never seen a second copy. Does any one of the collectors have this cd in your collection? This can;t be the only one can it ?

My email is about a very rare ? Queen cd , in these attatchements you will find some pictures of a Italian Bootleg cd from early 90's 1993/1994. Though before internet I always bought the collectors boot discographies from Voigts and Johnne the limitor (aka ) but these exclude this cd. I never read anything about it. And don;t know any other collector who ownes a copy of this one. Could you publicate this one on your website asking if other fans do have a other copy of this one ? Once soem one told me this one was sold semi official in Italy but was destroyed after seizing most of the cd's ???

The title is Queen - Killer Queen (not the jap. kobe version !) the linaege is incorrect the cd contains recordings from : Rainbow 74 march, Tokyo 85, a unkonown source and Golders Green Hippo Drome sept 73....

Would you please take a look at this one and give me a reply ?

hi kya

Posted: 21 Jul 08, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well this must be a bootleg because all are inofficial high generation vinyl sourced tracks :

1 Boh Rhap (tokyo 85)
2 Somebody to love (seattle 77)
3 Liar (hammersmith 75)
4 Brighton Rock - son and daughter (hammersmith 75)
5 Procession - father to son (london rainbow march 74)
6 Ogre battle (rainbow march 74)
7 Keep yourself alive (rainbow march 74)
8 Seven seas of rhye (rainbow march 74)
9 Modern times r'n'r (rainbow march 74)
10 Killer Queen- March of the bl Q - BBT Leroy Brown (LA st monica civic centre 75)

The sleeve claims these recordings :
tr 1-4 St monica 22-3-75
tr 5-10 Clevelnad 14-06-1974

As said before the recording is far below nowadays bootleg standerd sound, but that was normal in the early ninetees bootlegs

hi kya
Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 454 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 08, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the tracklist!
The doubt about being this a bootleg was just because this collection was available in the newsstand, so I think it was a sort of "official release", not a common bootleg.

bye!