Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Does anyone else feel ripped off by The Album Club?

forum rss feed
Author

CD89 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jul 08, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone,

I never really feel inclined to post my views and opinions on here, but feel slightly irritated by Queen Productions' new way of scamming even more money out of us fans.

Let me say that I fully support the QPR project, so this isn't a way of me slamming them at all. I just can't help feeling ripped off by The Album Club, which charged us £2 to join (I know this isn't much!), and so far, all we have been given is a video of C-Lebrity (which we all saw on TV), some liner notes, a few photos of the band, and a couple of pointless videos of Bri, Roger and Paul welcoming us to the site and talking about Runaway (which isn't even going to be included on the new album!).

With just over a month until the album is released, does anyone know whether we'll get any more features in The Album Club? I think once again, we've been scammed by Queen Productions...

Cheers,

Chris

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 08, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I would have joined I would have felt ripped off indeed.
Luckily I did not join.
I'm sure the live tracks will come my way one way or another. Just like they did in 2005.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 08, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The main reason I joined was for the live tracks.

monty-- user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 08, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ripped off? I hardly call £2 a rip off. As for fleecing fans out of their money, you have a choice wether to buy or not. It's called free will. No one is fleecing anyone. You can take it or leave it.

kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 08, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, the way I look at it, it's an album club.
Has the album come out yet?
No.
So why would the club be that fantastic yet?
My expectations aren't very high, but I'd at least wait 'til the album comes out before I hit the club with criticism. Besides, as far as I can tell, they haven't NOT given us anything they said they would.

I'm just glad I joind before it became the equivalent of $20!

You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
kingogre user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 08, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is only £2 and that money go to charity, hardly a rip-off. However, the club and the promotion in general has been a disappointment this far. I think this will change though. An organization like QP is bound to have at least some sort of marketing strategy. Lets wait till the release date gets closer.

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 08, 03:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kingogre wrote:

An organization like QP is bound to have at least some sort of marketing strategy.

Of course they have a marketing strategy.

Two weeks before the album release Brian is going to mention on his soapbox what a fabulous album they have done. And that's it.

studyan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 08, 04:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

£2 monty david moyes could buy a centre back with that any how pr sings like a male maria carey lol

studyan
A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1789 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 08, 04:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

£2 is hardly going to break the bank. As for content of the site, we'll have to wait & see.

Joyful the sound
pootle50 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 08, 05:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

studyan wrote:

£2 monty david moyes could buy a centre back with that any how pr sings like a male maria carey lol

What?
Am I getting old, because this makes no sense to me whatsover!
Please speak English :)

gnomo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 743 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 08, 05:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kingogre wrote:

It is only £2 and that money go to charity, hardly a rip-off.
...ditto...

--

Gnomo

(... any way the wind blows ...)
Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 08, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's put it this way... I'm glad I chose to give £2 directly to a charity instead of paying it for the album club.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 08, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

I wanted the exclusive t-shirt. :-(

;-)

Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 08, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I felt ripped off during the US tour with the so called presale tickets.....I could have bought better seats day of shows.

Since that's the only time I let QP get me, I guess I feel fortunate, or smart enough to not let anyone fool me twice.

Rip off artists at their finest.

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 08, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

PieterMC wrote:

I wanted the exclusive t-shirt. :-(

;-)

I wanted the exclusive forum!

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 08, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Beware of exclusive forums!

I do not want any google ads here.

kingogre user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 08, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tero wrote:

kingogre wrote:

An organization like QP is bound to have at least some sort of marketing strategy.

Of course they have a marketing strategy.

Two weeks before the album release Brian is going to mention on his soapbox what a fabulous album they have done. And that's it.

Of course it doesnt work that way. AC/DC got a new album out at about the same time and they havent even said a word about it. Compared to them weve got tons of information.

Oasis has an album out about the same time aswell and theyve released track listing and cover art, but theyve been done recording for a long time and they dont have to plan rehearsals or meetings month ahead since they dont live on opposite sides of the world.

I seriously think theyre not just completely finished, thats all. Well know soon enough.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 08, 01:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kingogre wrote:

Oasis has an album out

Say it's not true :(

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 08, 04:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CD89 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I never really feel inclined to post my views and opinions on here, but feel slightly irritated by Queen Productions' new way of scamming even more money out of us fans.

Let me say that I fully support the QPR project, so this isn't a way of me slamming them at all. I just can't help feeling ripped off by The Album Club, which charged us £2 to join (I know this isn't much!), and so far, all we have been given is a video of C-Lebrity (which we all saw on TV), some liner notes, a few photos of the band, and a couple of pointless videos of Bri, Roger and Paul welcoming us to the site and talking about Runaway (which isn't even going to be included on the new album!).

With just over a month until the album is released, does anyone know whether we'll get any more features in The Album Club? I think once again, we've been scammed by Queen Productions...

Cheers,

Chris

I can't really hand on heart say that I think £2 is being ripped off, they never promised anything that we haven't recieved (yet) so frankly I don't see it as a huge gripe.

If they had said that they were going to give access to lots of pre-album stuff then maybe I would be less then happy, however, so far I feel it's been as advertised.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 08, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hang on...the £2 goes to charity anyway??? Wow, you got conned into a good cause! lol And you get stuff from the album club to boot!!

Where's the problem? I can't see one.

Adam.