forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jul 08, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't wait to see it.

If 'Batman Begins' made us forget about the films by Burton and Schumacher, 'The Dark Knight' is going to bury them to the ground.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 08, 21:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm so excited for this movie! I can't wait for tomorrow night!

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 08, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My brother is talking about that movie every day...........

I'm sick of all my kicks.
steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 08, 22:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not only is it the new Batman movie, but it's also Heath Ledger's last movie. And what a creepy way to end the career of a brilliant actor!

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
Ms. Rebel

Posted: 16 Jul 08, 23:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven wrote:

Not only is it the new Batman movie, but it's also Heath Ledger's last movie. And what a creepy way to end the career of a brilliant actor!

I also thought that "The Dark Knight" is Heath Ledger's last movie, but it isn't. His last movie is "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus".

And yes, I agree. He really was a brilliant actor.

Band ten hut!
steven 35638

Posted: 16 Jul 08, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ms. Rebel wrote:

Steven wrote:

I also thought that "The Dark Knight" is Heath Ledger's last movie, but it isn't. His last movie is "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus".

I didn't know his role was recast by Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, and Jude Law. That's very interesting news. I'm looking forward to seeing that movie as well.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 03:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Heath Deadger

Actually his work in this film looks pretty badass. I don't really enjoy modern super-hero films because they're generally complete crap, but this one looks like it might have some quality.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 03:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't wait either

Killed by drones.
Ms. Rebel

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven wrote:

Ms. Rebel wrote:

Steven wrote:

I didn't know his role was recast by Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, and Jude Law. That's very interesting news. I'm looking forward to seeing that movie as well.

Yeah, I'm looking forward too! =) But you forgot to mention that TOM WAITS is also in that movie. Fucking legend. xD

More info about the movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054606/

Ms. Rebel

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's brilliant! xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4FZdsIDsKE&feature=related

People who said that Heath Ledger won't be better than Jack Nicholson were so wrong.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jack Nicholson = Comicbook version of the Joker
Heath Ledger = The Joker

That's the difference.

Killed by drones.
Band ten hut!
steven 35638

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Heath Deadger

Actually his work in this film looks pretty badass. I don't really enjoy modern super-hero films because they're generally complete crap, but this one looks like it might have some quality.

Batman isn't a super-hero character. He has no special powers or abilities whatsoever-- he's just a guy dressed as a bat who happens to be an amazing fighter and detector. In fact, most of his enemies lack special abilities, and if they do have them, they lack brain power (Bain). The penguin -- short midget who resembles a penguin, and has a criminal mind. Two Face -- good guy gone bad due to a dramatic event. The Joker -- chemically distorted into a laughing serial killer. The closest thing the Batman series ever really got to super villians were Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy, I believe. But even at that they're nothing like Dock Ock from Spiderman or those three super bad villians from Superman II the movie. Batman has more believable characters to me. Not that they're completely believable though. I mean, who in the world goes around jumping from buildings in the middle of the night, every night?

Band ten hut!
steven 35638

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 09:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ms. Rebel wrote:

Steven wrote:

Ms. Rebel wrote:

Steven wrote:

Yeah, I'm looking forward too! =) But you forgot to mention that TOM WAITS is also in that movie. Fucking legend. xD

More info about the movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054606/

Thanks!

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't wait to see this movie.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Fairy King wrote:

Jack Nicholson = Comicbook version of the Joker
Heath Ledger = The Joker

That's the difference.

Yes, well hopefully the producers remembered that Batman IS a comic book. If you think Spiderman and The Hulk were good renditions from comic books, I have to disagree.

This movie looks like it's going to be extemely "tricked up". Usually that is done when the storyline isn't good enough to carry the movie, which has plagued the Batman series.

Plus I have a theory. If a movie that hasn't come out is plastered all over Hot Topic, Chess King, and other mall stores that employ teenagers with black fingernail polish, usually that movie ends up sucking real bad.

from philly.com
the Joker is unnervingly creepy.

Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates creepy. Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter creepy. Psychotic reptile creepy. Ledger bobs his head, bares discolored fangs and flicks his tongue to intimidate and snare his prey. Initially a muscleman for mobsters (led by Eric Roberts), the Joker by his chaos freestylings becomes the undisputed king of Gotham City's underworld.

Is it sad to see the late Ledger on screen? Surprisingly, no. While the prospect of his last complete performance gave me anticipatory melancholy, 30 seconds in I responded not to Ledger-as-Joker but to the Joker himself. Believe the buzz: This unsettling, mesmerizing performance is indeed Oscar-worthy.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven wrote:

Batman isn't a super-hero character.

I wasn't really addressing Batman. I'm talking about super hero films. Even Batman movies seem to adopt a raft of characteristics from that genre. Although it would be a pleasant surprise to see them break the mould.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

:

Is it sad to see the late Ledger on screen? Surprisingly, no. While the prospect of his last complete performance gave me anticipatory melancholy, 30 seconds in I responded not to Ledger-as-Joker but to the Joker himself. Believe the buzz: This unsettling, mesmerizing performance is indeed Oscar-worthy.

I hope he collects the Oscar in person.

Band ten hut!
steven 35638

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 14:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Steven wrote:

Batman isn't a super-hero character.

I wasn't really addressing Batman. I'm talking about super hero films. Even Batman movies seem to adopt a raft of characteristics from that genre. Although it would be a pleasant surprise to see them break the mould.

I guess our opinions differ, but that's alright. I have never considered Batman to be of that mould. When I think of the Batman series, with the exception of the Adam West era, I think of a dark and demented criminal world full of creepy serial killers. It seperates itself from the wonderful world of Metropolis, or Spiderman's version of New York City. I can see why you might consider it in the realm of super-heroe movies (since so many people do, and it does incorporate the theme of good guy versus bad guy for the greater good), but the concept of Batman is much more mysterious and tormented than its contemporaries, in my opinion. Bob Kane and Bill Frank created grotesque characters -- characters that have overtime become more and more insane (Ex. Cesar Romero's Joker (1966), Jack Nicholson's Joker (1989), and Heath Ledger's Joker). They have become more human, and have showed us a pessimistic look on life -- perhaps showing us our inner demons. I have read countless Batman comics, and have watched the movies over and over again. You might say Batman is equivalent to Queen when it comes to whose my all-time favorite comic book hero. I understand and appreciate your opinion, don't get me wrong. I just wanted to express my opinion.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not qualified to comment on the comics, seriously, but what I know of them certainly fits what you're getting at.
I really am thinking more of the first two films; those ones with Michael Keaton. My childhood impression of them was that they were more or less super-hero fare, but a lot darker in tone compared to the Superman stuff I used to watch.
Honestly, I haven't seen many Batman films lately so I may have erred! Hehe.

All things considered... if I might wander back to something I said earlier in the thread, the Joker sure looks interesting this time around. I may yet spare a few bucks and go see it.

Band ten hut!
steven 35638

Posted: 17 Jul 08, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's cool, Zebonka. I hope you get to see the movie, I have tickets reserved already. I have a feeling this will be the best Batman film -- even though I will be comparing this one to the 1989 version of Batman with Keaton and Nicholson(it will probably have the same plot in mind).