Author

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 08, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4blSrZvPhU

I was never that much in love with the Watchmen graphic novel. In fact, apart from his brilliant take on Swamp Thing, I've never been that much impressed with Moore. His stories for 2000AD were mostly crap. Lately, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen has been fun but hardly groundbreaking. Regarding the Watchmen movie though, it looks really good. Maybe the art in the comic didn't do justice to Moore's story and the movie will change that. Hope so.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 19 Jul 08, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here I thought I was the only one committing a sacrilege by saying I didn't like Alan Moore all that much. Some good stuff in the 1980s, but not much too love for me.

The movie does look good and very comic-booky in a good way in terms of art. Still, I do agree with Moore's comments about 300 (movie and book) and the trepidation he has toward Zach Snyder.

DJ's the man we love the most
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 20 Jul 08, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maz wrote:

Here I thought I was the only one committing a sacrilege by saying I didn't like Alan Moore all that much. Some good stuff in the 1980s, but not much too love for me.

The movie does look good and very comic-booky in a good way in terms of art. Still, I do agree with Moore's comments about 300 (movie and book) and the trepidation he has toward Zach Snyder.

Great minds think alike. Us too apparently.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 20 Jul 08, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Only on rare occasions have I been able to find someone low enough to be considered my equal.

DJ's the man we love the most
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 21 Jul 08, 09:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maz wrote:

Only on rare occasions have I been able to find someone low enough to be considered my equal.

Are you willing to send me the photos to prove that? ;)

Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 08, 10:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They had it before the Batman movie...

I'd never heard of it before yesterday.

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 08, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhounski wrote:

They had it before the Batman movie...

Yes, right before the new TERMINATOR movie without Schwarzenegger and after the new Bond trailer.

So, I'm going to have to see the new Bond movie.