Forums > Personal > Parents make their little kids fight in front of a paying audience

forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-560851/Shocking-pictures-tearful-year-olds-forced-fight-kickboxing-contests.html

The channel 4 film mentioned in this article was just shown on German TV. I can't believe it's legal to make little children fight with no protection for a paying audience. The programme showed how parents signed a disclaimer that the "children understood they could be seriously injured or killed in the fight". How sick is that. Cock fights and dog fights are illegal but now they make their own children fight.

I do not want any google ads here.

Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Alright, this is absolutely sick and fucked up.

I'm moving to another planet.

I'm sick of all my kicks.
Garfield I. Uberson user not visiting Queenzone.com
Garfield I. Uberson
Champion: 57 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 07:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As long as money is the god, things like that (or even worse :-S) will keep on occuring...

remember how we dreamed

remember how we screamed

the vegetables were steamed...
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn...

Killed by drones.
steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 09:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ms. Rebel wrote:

May I come along too?

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 09:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know which is worse - the parent who signs up their kid to fight like this or the adult paying to watch it.

I arranged for my daughter to learn self-defense long ago. She was only 4 when I first signed her up for karate classes. The protective gear was heavier than she was! She learned to protect herself without the danger of being hurt. The younger children, like her, weren't even allowed to take part in the tournaments - for their own safety.

There's a way to teach a child how to be smart and safe, and this is not it. The parents of these children need to be stopped before their children are seriously injured in this disgusting head-gear-free 'sport'.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 09:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The parents of those kids need a bullet through their head. Why the fuck would they make this kids do this? It's disgusting and horrible.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol

always put your money on the fat kid, i put fifty euros down on a fat kid once and i was not to be! disappointed. made a profit

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fucking sickening.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How can that be legal? Isn't there any kind of law at all that would make this illegal?

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Lady Nyx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1172 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

???

their soft spots arent even done forming!!!

wtf?

fucking stage parents to the extereme. poor kids!!

"why pay the visit when the visit is free?"
Ms. Rebel

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven wrote:

Ms. Rebel wrote:

May I come along too?

Only if your mama allows you to go.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All right!! My money's on the little scrappy one with the red shorts.

You know, this all comes down to interpretation. Is it sick? I don't know if that's the right word. Is it sicker than a 7 year old from Sierra Leone toting a machine gun with full knowledge of it's working parts? Sicker than a 10 year old Iraqi girl going to the police because her husband is raping her? (Dad had a verbal agreement with the husband not to touch her until she reaches a the right age)

And how do our customs look to other cultures? Now, MFM, I'm not picking on you... just an example.

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

I arranged for my daughter to learn self-defense long ago. She was only 4 when I first signed her up for karate classes. The protective gear was heavier than she was! She learned to protect herself without the danger of being hurt. The younger children, like her, weren't even allowed to take part in the tournaments - for their own safety.

There's a way to teach a child how to be smart and safe, and this is not it. The parents of these children need to be stopped before their children are seriously injured in this disgusting head-gear-free 'sport'.

1. So KARATE teaches young children to protect themselves? Really? I took Tae Kwan Doe with that same promise. Let me clue you in. You said yourself "without the danger of being hurt". Then there is no threat, you're not teaching anything but slow motion wrestling moves at this age.

2. Would a class in Household Dangers and Poisons be more effective in protecting your young one?

3. What are you protecting him from? 6 year old ninjas? a 5 year old samurai with a temper tantrum? And no matter how good your little one gets, he's not going to overpower an adult trying to cause him harm.

4. Wearing protective gear that is heavier than your own weight puts a tremendous strain on the bone structure, particularly in one body that is still developing. Are you not jeopardizing your child with years of back problems later in life?

So I ask, is this really THAT bad or just another example of a misguided tradition?

.DeaconJohn. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 437 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was flicking channels the other day and caught a bit of a documentary about this. I hadn't heard of it before, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

How the hell can this be legal?

The documentary can be viewed in youtube; 6 parts starting with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIhOAwAojSU

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

And how do our customs look to other cultures? Now, MFM, I'm not picking on you... just an example.

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

1. So KARATE teaches young children to protect themselves? Really? I took Tae Kwan Doe with that same promise. Let me clue you in. You said yourself "without the danger of being hurt". Then there is no threat, you're not teaching anything but slow motion wrestling moves at this age.

2. Would a class in Household Dangers and Poisons be more effective in protecting your young one?

3. What are you protecting him from? 6 year old ninjas? a 5 year old samurai with a temper tantrum? And no matter how good your little one gets, he's not going to overpower an adult trying to cause him harm.

4. Wearing protective gear that is heavier than your own weight puts a tremendous strain on the bone structure, particularly in one body that is still developing. Are you not jeopardizing your child with years of back problems later in life?

So I ask, is this really THAT bad or just another example of a misguided tradition?

This is really THAT bad.

But to answer your questions...
1. Yes, Karate at that age indeed taught my daughter to protect herself. The best way to learn is without fear and that's how it was taught. She learned how to stand with a proper 'in-control' posture, and how to respond in a way that would call the most attention to those around her if she were grabbed by a stranger. She was taught to be cautious without being paranoid. Her confidence rose as did her awareness. It was only a beginning but blood and tears were not part of it, as they seem to be in this 'sport'.

2. There is no end to the amount of information we should/could give our children to keep them safe. Would what you suggest be more effective? In my life I've seen more instances of physical abuse than abuse by household chemicals, yet I've taught my daughter the dangers of those things as well as the danger of crossing the street without looking both ways, talking with food in her mouth, swimming without a buddy...

3. A child in a self-defense class is learning life-skills. Surely you know this. What my child learned at 4 was a mere stepping stone to what she learned four years later, and now four years after that. Can she be overpowered by some crazed kidnapper? I suppose it's possible, but her chances of escape are much greater because of the structured lessons she's learned throughout her life.

4. School backpacks jeopardize children's backs every single day for ten months out of each year. My daughter's Karate gear did not weigh more than her, it was an exaggeration meant to make a point. Apparently, it failed.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sad stuff. :|

jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They stole my idea

:(

Cheers,
Hor

CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
Band ten hut!
steven 35638

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ms. Rebel wrote:

Steven wrote:

Ms. Rebel wrote:

May I come along too?

I don't need my mother's permission. I'm a rebel, just like you. ;)

Ms. Rebel

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven wrote:

Ms. Rebel wrote:

Steven wrote:

Ms. Rebel wrote:

May I come along too?

Oh, that's lovely.

Band ten hut!
steven 35638

Posted: 29 Jul 08, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ms. Rebel wrote:

Steven wrote:

Ms. Rebel wrote:

Steven wrote:

Ms. Rebel wrote:

May I come along too?

Oh, that's lovely.

Thank you. :)