Forums > Queen - General Discussion > My right to express my opinion... if it's ok and acceptable with PERKY

forum rss feed
Author

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 11:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear lovely Queenzoners, whom I've occassionally referred to as Moanzoners, in a quite amusing and refreshing fashion...

DIM PERKS has taken exception to me expressing my own opinion, and says I would be sacked immediately if I worked for him. He wants to know if QPL are aware I say such things... as if everything I say is exactly THEIR views too, which of course is a million miles from the fact, again.

This Dickenzian... indeed Jurassic... attitude has provoked me to respond with the following, to him, in that thread. But I think it bears repeating in this, it's own thread.... so incredulous am I that people like that STILL exist, and are apparently proud to publicly air such out-dated and frankly worrying attitudes.

See what you think of this........

I originally wrote.... "GO FUCK YOURSELF Dim Perks. Is that readable enough for you!! Because DIM PERKS said I was unable to make myself clear. i thought THAT was clear enough, don't you!?!?

DIM PINKY PERKY FAN REPLIED... Truly unbelievable...

Greg, don't let yourself so intimidated by a bunch of people on the internet. Does Queen know you are expressing yourself like this to people that keep the legend of Queen alive? That are faithful? I think it is a shame, if you were my employee I'd fire you immedeately.


I THEN WENT ON.... DEAREST DIM PERKS.

IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTIONS... WHICH HAVE IN FACT ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED MANY MANY TIMES OVER THE YEARS... SNOOZE SNOOZE, FIGHT TO KEEP MY EYES OPEN...

YES, QPL ARE AWARE I AM EXPRESSING MYSELF THE WAY I AM. BECAUSE, LIKE YOU, THEY HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET AND CAN READ TOO. VERY WELL IN FACT... EVEN JOINED UP LETTERS AND LONG WORDS. THEY'RE VERY CAPABLE OF SEEING MY 'CONTRIBUTIONS' HERE. JUST LIKE YOU ARE. YES YES YES.

AND... JUST IN CASE... CRETINS LIKE YOU ARE FOREVER WRITING TO SAY... "HEY QUEEN, GUESS WHAT THAT NASTY GREG BROOKS SAID ON MOANZONE... AND HE USED BAD LANGUAGE IN YOUR NAME TOO, SO EVERYONE WILL THINK THAT HIS OPINIONS MUST BE REPRESENTATIVE OF QUEEN'S TOO. BECAUSE WE AT QUEENZONE SEEM TO ASSUME THAT EVERYTHING GB SAYS ARE VIEWS HELD BY QUEEN AS WELL."

NO. YOU FOOLISH CHAP. GREG BROOKS' OPINIONS, VIEWS, EXPRESSIONS, ARE HIS AND HIS ALONE. THEY DO NOT EXPRESS THE OPINION OF QUEEN OR ITS MEMBERS OR MANAGEMENT. NO MORE THAN STEVE WRIGHT OR TERRY WOGAN'S VIEWS MIRROR THOSE OF BBC RADIO 2. ONLY A DICKHEAD WOULD THINK OTHERWISE.

THEY CAN FIND MY WORDS OF EXPRESSION AT ANY POINT, JUST LIKE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE CAN. I THOUGHT THAT SHOULD BE VERY BLATANTLY OBVIOUS, PAL. APPARENTLY NOT.

THE FACT IS... THEY DON'T LOOK HERE. WHY WOULD THEY? WHAT ON EARTH WOULD THEY WANT TO COME HERE FOR??

NOW THEN, YOU DIM PERKY PERSON, WHEN YOU SAY.... "people that keep the legend of Queen alive" REMEMBER THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE ON QZ ARE NOT AT ALL MAJOR QUEEN FANS, AS IS CLEARLY EVIDENT. THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE ON THIS SITE - IT'S NO SECRET AT ALL - THAT CLEARLY HAVE LITTLE AFFECTION FOR QUEEN OR SOME (OR MOST) OF THE RELATED PRODUCT.

SO, YOUR BLANKET GENERALISATION IS WAY OFF THE MARK. "people that keep the legend of Queen alive"... INDEED!!!

YOU DO MAKE ME LAUGH.

YEAH RIGHT!!!! AS IF.

"That are faithful." HAVE A WORD WITH YOUR SILLY SELF. YOU'RE LIVING IN A UTOPIAN-TYPE DREAM WORLD. YOU SHOULD READ WHAT SOME QZ-ERS SAY ABOUT FREDDIE AND BRIAN AND QUEEN ON THIS SITE. MUCH OF IT IS OUTRIGHT OFFENSIVE AND LIBELOUS. PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOU'VE NOT NOTICED THIS BEFORE.

SOME OF THE VILE THINGS I'VE SEEN ON HERE ABOUT FREDDIE AND HIS PAST, HIS LOVERS, HIS PRIVATE LIFE, HAVE BEEN AN ABOMINATION... REALLY NASTY HORRIBLE STUFF, THAT EVEN UPSET CERTAIN QZ-ERS. SO GET IT INTO PERSPECTIVE FOR GOODNESS SAKE.

MY RESPONSE OF 'GO FUCK YOURSELF', TO AN IDIOT WHO OBSERVED THAT I COULDN'T OR WASN'T MAKING MYSELF CLEAR, WAS REASONABLE IT SEEMS TO ME, AND IT FURTHER PALES INTO NOTHINGNESS IN COMPARISON WITH MANY OF THE NASTY FREDDIE COMMENTS WE'VE ALL BEEN APPALLED TO READ HERE IN THE PAST (AND PROBABLY CURRENTLY TOO). SO DO PLEASE KEEP IT IN BALANCE PERKY. THAT'S A FAIR COMMENT AIN'T IT NOT. THAT'S BAD GRAMMAR I KNOW, BUT NOT WORTHY OF A NOTE FROM YOU TO JIM BEACH I THINK.

WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is a shame... LISTEN DIM PINKY & PERKY FAN... QPL REALISE THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN WORDS AND EXPRESSIONS. UNLIKE YOU, THEY LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD. THIS IS STILL, JUST ABOUT, A FREE COUNTRY WHERE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION STILL PROSPERS. SO I CAN CALL YOU AN ANNOYING PROVOCATIVE TURD IF I LIKE, AND NOT BE IN FEAR OF GETTING THE SACK LIKE I WOULD IF, APPARENTLY, I DARED TO SPEAK MY MIND OPENLY IF I WORKED FOR YOU.

THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, SIR, IN ZIMBABWE RIGHT NOW, THAT ACTIVELY SEEK TO SILENCE PEOPLE, STOP THEM EXPRESSING THEIR FREE THOUGHTS. STOP THEM HAVING THEIR SAY, THEIR VOTE.

"if you were my employee I'd fire you immedeately"

I DON'T DOUBT IT, YOU SMALL MINDED MORON.

YOU'VE SPELT IMMEDIATELY WRONG BY THE WAY. IF YOU WERE MY EMPLOYEE AND YOU SPELLED SOMETHING WRONG, OR EXPRESSED AN OPINION I DIDN'T AGREE WITH... I WOULD NOT SACK YOU 'IMMEDEATELY' OR IMMEDIATELY, OR ANYTHING ELSE.

I'D RECOGNISE THAT YOU SHOULD BE PERMITTED TO SPEAK YOUR MIND WITHOUT FEAR OF LOSING YOUR JOB.

I FEEL SORRY FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU... AND MORE SO FOR THE POOR PEOPLE THAT WORK FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WHO HAVE TO CONSTANTLY TREAD ON EGGSHELLS LEST THEY SHOULD DISAGGREE WITH YOU AND BE SACKED. THEY CANNOT FINANCIALLY AFFORD TO EXPRESS THEIR TRUE FEELINGS, BECAUSE FOOLS LIKE YOU COME DOWN HARD ON ANYTHING THAT COUNTERS YOUR OWN INFLEXIBLE OPINION.

SMALL-MINDED IS JUST THE TIP OF THAT NASTY ICEBERG.




GB
Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey People.

Further to the above...There is a person right now on Queenzone, calling his sorry (faceless, ananymous, cowardly) self, Fatty... whom has SIXTEEN HUNDRED 'posts' on this Queen so called FAN site... who writes the following.

I will zone in on just some of it for you...

FATTY OBSERVES...

"In that respect I wonder if Freddie was a poof.

I was just wondering if Freddie ever knelt down beside an armchair and allowed the sitee to rest their legs on his back.

Or was Freddie a faggot. I'm not talking about his sexuality of course. I was just wondering if Freddie had ever been chopped up, mixed with onions and meal and served in a rich gravy.

And does anyone know if Freddie dropped anchor in Poo Bay. I'm not talking about his sexuality of course. I was just wondering if Freddie ever served in her majesty's navy and was given shore leave when they docked at an amusingly named port.

And I can't help but wonder if Freddie ever sucked another man's cock..."

YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN IN THE ABOVE THREAD.... Perky and his like-minded imbeciles are so worried about QPL possibly not being aware that Greg Brooks swears a bit here and there and calls folk bad things (BIG DEAL), and some people might think that Brian, Rog and anyone else must thing exactly the same, that he misses the REALLY nasty horrible bastards like Fatty, with his homophobic and puerile approach to a person he knows nothing about.

PERKY, dear boy... Don't hone in on me and my insignificant words or use of the word FUCK (BIG DEAL again) while there are turds like Fatty out there, that need to be put out of their, and our, misery.

Think about it you silly sausage.





GB
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perhaps you should start QueenArchivistSoapbox.com instead of ranting and raving on here.

BTW. Fatty is not exactly faceless. His real name is well known due to the fact that he has written a few books.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a sorry fucking cry-baby.

It's not that you're wrong, Greg Brooks. Actually you're quite right.

However, since you've noticed this place is quite the cesspit; why are you still here? You're not interested in the opinion of the average Queen fan and even if you were, you wouldn't be in a position to do anything with such information.
You're not here to socialise with anybody. Anybody you do official business with on this site will surely have your e-mail.

Why the fuck are you still here, man? I thought you hated the place!


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4261 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg, just the fact that you cannot even correctly quote a person AND use the correct name says móre than enough.

The things you say that I said to you were in fact said by sunshine_123456 or whatever his names was.

BUT WHAT DO YOU CARE, IF YOU DON'T EVEN CARE TO MAKE A SINGLE READABLE POST.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg, if you can waste sooooooo much time writing a re-run episode of a Queenzone event that happened a week ago, can I make a suggestion?

How about answering a simple question every once in a while. And not some meaningless, ambiguous bull shit, but a honest answer.

We understand there is A LOT that Queen doesn't want us to know. Fair Enough. But you never come out and say that, instead you cover up, create, fictionalize, even manufacture a bogus Archive list.

It would be nice to hear something like "QPL is still deciding on whether to release _____ or not due to the fact that the _______ _______ from that show are _______ and a viable source of ________ is immenent." I think you would get a lot more respect from us "Moanzoners", because at first I'll be honest. It was pretty cool to have dialogue with Queen's Archivist. While it may have not been the Encyclopedia of Queen, what we were getting from you felt a little more special than something you get from a message board.

But then something happened. All your JSS memories started coming out, the vulgar language, even cross words with trolls. Please Greg, come back. I know the real Greg Brooks is in there and can hear me. Fight this dark side, we're with you all the way.

masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One more proof that the Queen Productions team is a disaster, one of his members discussing in a fan-site... oh God...

C`mon, grow up and go to work... now.


Queen rocks!
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Omg you're funny as hell. What does it feel like to have the IQ of a peanut?


Killed by drones.
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg...

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/members/blog_settings.aspx

Have some fun over there and come back to the Forum when you actually have something that we all would like to read. Such as news about the Box Set.


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

Hey People.

Further to the above...There is a person right now on Queenzone, calling his sorry (faceless, ananymous, cowardly) self, Fatty... whom has SIXTEEN HUNDRED 'posts' on this Queen so called FAN site... who writes the following.

I will zone in on just some of it for you...

FATTY OBSERVES...

"In that respect I wonder if Freddie was a poof.

I was just wondering if Freddie ever knelt down beside an armchair and allowed the sitee to rest their legs on his back.

Or was Freddie a faggot. I'm not talking about his sexuality of course. I was just wondering if Freddie had ever been chopped up, mixed with onions and meal and served in a rich gravy.

And does anyone know if Freddie dropped anchor in Poo Bay. I'm not talking about his sexuality of course. I was just wondering if Freddie ever served in her majesty's navy and was given shore leave when they docked at an amusingly named port.

And I can't help but wonder if Freddie ever sucked another man's cock..."

YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN IN THE ABOVE THREAD.... Perky and his like-minded imbeciles are so worried about QPL possibly not being aware that Greg Brooks swears a bit here and there and calls folk bad things (BIG DEAL), and some people might think that Brian, Rog and anyone else must thing exactly the same, that he misses the REALLY nasty horrible bastards like Fatty, with his homophobic and puerile approach to a person he knows nothing about.

PERKY, dear boy... Don't hone in on me and my insignificant words or use of the word FUCK (BIG DEAL again) while there are turds like Fatty out there, that need to be put out of their, and our, misery.

Think about it you silly sausage.




Dear Mr Archivist

I was sorry to hear that a post of mine had offended you to the point that you felt the need to drag me into an argument that had absolutely fuck all to do with me in the first place.

First of all I'd like to point out that the post that caused so much offence in the first place was intended as a joke. A thread entitled "Was Freddie Gay?" appears on average about twice a week on Queenzone and my post was at best, nothing more than a poor excuse for satire. So let me take this opportunity to assure you that I am not a homophobe. In fact it may sound slightly cliche, but one of my best friends is gay....probably.

I hope you will appreciate the fact that I have not as yet felt the need to call you names and if you will permit me, I'd like to instead defend myself from the tirade of insults you have thrown in my direction. In one sentence you referred to me as faceless, ananymous (which you spelled wrong)and cowardly. I think it's a bit unfair to call me faceless when there's a black and white picture of my fat fucking face right next to the offending post.
As for the anonymity issue I'd like to refer you to your own username. I'm pretty sure that your real name is Greg Brooks, not Queen Archivist. My real name is Scott Simpson and most of the folks I chat with on a semi regular basis at Queenzone are well aware of that.
And to call me cowardly would have to suggest that there is something or someone to fear in the first place. Unless of course you are planning on paying me a visit yourself to put me out of my misery with a kung fu chop.

Well I hope that's cleared things up between us and that in future when you're having a bit of a tiff with someone on Queenzone, you wont feel the need to involve other people in your petty arguments.

Your good pal
fatty

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

Hey People.

Further to the above...There is a person right now on Queenzone, calling his sorry (faceless, ananymous, cowardly) self, Fatty... whom has SIXTEEN HUNDRED 'posts' on this Queen so called FAN site... who writes the following.


Fatty's posts are usually very funny and intelligently written and I don't remember him attacking anyone in this forum. No need to judge a person or call names when you don't know them and they haven't attacked you in any way. If you didn't get the joke then that is your problem.

Not everybody in these forums is a faceless, coward person with no life. I have about 600 posts, am I a bad person also?

In the old forum it was possible to know when every user had joined. If you could see that, you would know that some people made over 1000 posts in 2 months (spammers) and some in 7 years (regular non-obsessive posters).

On another non related issue, Greg, how has your Queen related job been lately? Anything exciting over there that you might want to share?

Regards,

Juan Carlos Wiley (an actual person with a face)
from Monterrey, Mexico

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7596 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check the new profiles, Jacey - you can look up the QZ stats of a user. There are many new features like avatars, private messages and picture gallery.
The old forum is offline but Richard implements the features it had into the current forum and even more. The only feature missing now is an equivalent search function.


I do not want any google ads here.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fatty wrote:


And to call me cowardly would have to suggest that there is something or someone to fear in the first place. Unless of course you are planning on paying me a visit yourself to put me out of my misery with a kung fu chop.


Ha! ;-D

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

fatty wrote:


And to call me cowardly would have to suggest that there is something or someone to fear in the first place. Unless of course you are planning on paying me a visit yourself to put me out of my misery with a kung fu chop.


Ha! ;-D


With karate He'll kick your ass
From here to Tiennamen Square.
Oh yeah, muthafucka,
He's 'gonna kick your fuckin' derriere.
You broke the rules,
Now He'll pull out all your pubic hair,
You muthafucka.
You muthafucka.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fatty wrote:


put me out of my misery with a kung fu chop.


Shotokan chops are much deeper and leave bigger bruises.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the "2 greatest band of alltime" is fast becoming a laughing stock...because they appear to employ tossers who have little regard for anything other than wanking off their own egos on this site...

you don;t get GB's quality of shite on forums of other decent bands....no wonder that queen have little international music-biz credibilty with morons like GB in charge of the crown jewels...i wouldn;t trust the tw*t with a bag of fucking conkers!!!!


go deo na hÉireann
StoneColdClassicQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
I need a haircut.
StoneColdClassicQueen
Bohemian: 775 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't the slightest idea what this post is about.


"When you make love to someone, use a condom."-Brian May

______________________________________

Paul Rodgers is Chuck Norris.
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1676 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This thread is a self-imposed intervention. Greg has realized that Queenzone is very bad for his health. The stress has recently caused him to use the "f word" in the Serious forum, quote and get mad at the wrong person, use the word "pal", misunderstand a brilliant humorous post by fatty, and also to eat a really bad (probably with fake ingredients) custard tart while stealing his neighbor's wireless internet connection. The problem is that whenever he comes here he is attacked by a mob of people who really just want to get to Brian and Roger and/or get their hands on the contents of the archives.

steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 08, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How can Queen's very own archivist, who is supposed to honorably represent the band, be such an annoying jerk on a Queen fan site? This thread, in particular, is very incoherent. This brings me to my skepticism. Is this truly the real and definitive Greg Brooks? Or is it possible, just possible, that this is just a fake trying to get everybody excited? I strongly encourage everybody to take a step back for a moment and analyze this very carefully. If anyone can offer any form of evidence to prove that he is the real deal, please do! Until then, I'm not convinced. I haven't been for the longest time.


"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Jul 08, 03:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Greg Brooks, you are well invited to my birthday party.




Cheers,
Hor


CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA